Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

When racism and poverty are alive, dems will thrive.....

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post When racism and poverty are alive, dems will thrive..... caseyleejones
Do dems really want to solve racism and poverty? What policies have they enacted that would solve those two issues? Acts-perienced Poster
2/2/19 11:52 am

Post Dave Dorsey
There was an interesting article this past week (I don't remember where I saw it, unfortunately) asking the same question about the pro-life movement. Could that be a possible explanation, or part of an explanation, for how little has been accomplished on this front? [Insert Acts Pun Here]
2/2/19 12:17 pm

Post That was my next post...... caseyleejones
I remember back in the Reagan era and we thought...surely Roe would be overturned with Reagan appointments...right? NOPE

Bush's come around and what.....another NOPE.

The left gets what they want which is abortion and the right gets its talking point.

I know multitudes of people who that feel that abortion is on the way out now. NOPE

Keep in mind, I also many women in church who will say, they are personally against abortion and would never have one...but...they don't feel they should stop someone else from having one.....

So yeah.....Roe is here to stay....
Acts-perienced Poster
2/2/19 12:34 pm

Post Dave Dorsey
I do think the pro-life movement has recently been notching a number of important wins. New advances in medical science are also expanding the pro-life position. Here's a very interesting article in the Atlantic, hardly a conservative source, about that: https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2018/01/pro-life-pro-science/549308/

When Roe was decided, they assumed the point of viability outside the womb was about 28 weeks. Of course even if the baby was sure to die a day before the mother's due date, that still would never justify abortion. But for people who lacked an understanding of God creating life in the womb, this undoubtedly made it easier to justify elective abortion before that point. Now, those same people are increasingly challenged by new research showing early neurological activity, new advances allowing fetal survival outside the womb at far earlier points of pregnancy, etc.

It also seems like the pro-life movement tends to have a hyper focus on seeing something happen to Roe, when it is actually Casey that is most relevant to the issue. Casey discusses states' ability to regulate abortions within the framework of fetal viability, and it is at this point where states, thanks to recent medical advances, may actually be able to seriously begin challenging Casey and maybe ultimately Roe.
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
2/2/19 1:21 pm

Post Dave Dorsey
There's actually a somewhat important decision coming up next week. Here's a hysterical article about it from an extreme far-left political site:

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/2019/2/2/1831516/-The-future-of-women-s-reproductive-rights-in-the-U-S-will-be-decided-by-five-men-this-Thursday

This article is a little much, to say the least, but it does highlight the slow progress the pro-life movement is making.
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
2/2/19 1:50 pm

Post UncleJD
The "pro-life" movement as it exists now, has failed, utterly. The culture of death has increased in America and the political side of the movement has never, in 45 years of election promises, achieved anything other than a few feel good "bills" here and there all destined to be struck down by the courts.

The movement is so used to losing, that they would be ecstatic just to regulate abortion a little bit! They no longer speak in terms of ending it, its more like "no baby should be aborted in the third-trimester", or "lets de-fund Planned Parenthood". As if ending a little subsidy or two would at least make them feel like they amount to something.

I hope that if they ever came for my arms and legs and skull, that the people who supposedly were my neighbors and friends wouldn't be so anemic in their defense of me as to be content with demanding that my mutilation "not be with our taxes!"
Golf Cart Mafia Consigliere
2/2/19 8:28 pm

Post Dave Dorsey
UncleJD wrote:
The "pro-life" movement as it exists now, has failed, utterly. The culture of death has increased in America and the political side of the movement has never, in 45 years of election promises, achieved anything other than a few feel good "bills" here and there all destined to be struck down by the courts.

The movement is so used to losing, that they would be ecstatic just to regulate abortion a little bit! They no longer speak in terms of ending it, its more like "no baby should be aborted in the third-trimester", or "lets de-fund Planned Parenthood". As if ending a little subsidy or two would at least make them feel like they amount to something.

I hope that if they ever came for my arms and legs and skull, that the people who supposedly were my neighbors and friends wouldn't be so anemic in their defense of me as to be content with demanding that my mutilation "not be with our taxes!"

So what course of action would you recommend?

What clear, concrete steps would you urge the pro-life movement to take to end abortion in the US?
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
2/3/19 3:47 pm

Post UncleJD
Dave Dorsey wrote:
UncleJD wrote:

So what course of action would you recommend?

What clear, concrete steps would you urge the pro-life movement to take to end abortion in the US?

Well Dave, that would be a really good discussion to be had with a lot of people participating. I am just pointing out the futility of what has NOT worked at all, and to continue to do it the same way is insane. I think if you look at the abolitionist movement of the 1800s, you'd get a better idea of how it could go. I'm not talking about the war either, I'm talking about the changing of hearts and minds about slavery as EVIL that happened among Christians in that day. Sure most pro-life people in the church hate abortion, but there is WAY too much compromise, so much so that I hear "pro-life" people all the time using the language of death from the other side (such-and-such trimester, late-term, women's choice, etc...), not to mention the energy spent to "defund PP" (as if that will make anything OK). I believe it starts with a much stronger conviction in the church. But again, its a really big topic. I just wanted to vent about the extreme failure that is the current political-only/mostly version of the "pro-life" movement.
Golf Cart Mafia Consigliere
2/4/19 9:25 am

Post JD, I tend to agree...but does most of the church hate caseyleejones
abortion?

I have heard women within the church...saved...love God and all say....

I oppose abortion and would not have one ....but... I don't feel it's my place to stop a woman from having one.

The question arises, is a 4 week fetus actually life with a God given spirit? Many see the first few weeks as a bundle of cells.

I'm not even sure the church is convinced it's wrong.
Acts-perienced Poster
2/4/19 10:11 am

Post Resident Skeptic
The official narrative of the left currently is that it is impossible for a black person to be a racist, and that only white people can be racist. This holds true even if the Black Panthers hold a rally calling for the extermination of all white people. That is not considered racism. Nor is it racist for mobs of black youth to march down a long line of cars caught in a traffic jam yelling "look for white people! Make sure they are white!" as the white drivers and passengers are drug from their vehicles and assaulted. Not racism.

So yes, let's talk about racism. Let's ask for proof of incidents happening in mass like the one mentioned above where the roles are reversed. There are no mobs of white youth playing the "knock-out game" against black people.
2/4/19 10:51 am

Post Re: JD, I tend to agree...but does most of the church hate UncleJD
moving response to new thread, sorry for going off-topic Golf Cart Mafia Consigliere
2/4/19 11:36 am

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic