Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

When Carl Richardson called, he was laughing.

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post When Carl Richardson called, he was laughing. doyle
It happened when I was working with the COG Radio Ministry, Forward In Faith, in Cleveland. Carl Richardson, the Director and Minister at the time, has an amazing gift of copy-editing. There was an article I wrote intending to mention that numerous COG churches were involved in a project. The words "Church of Gods, COGs" was used.

Carl called and kindly asked, "Doyle, how many Gods are involved in this project? My understanding is that only one is involved, but your use of 'Gods,' makes it look like there are multiple Gods working on this project.

"The proper way," he said, "to signify multiple churches are involved, is use 'Churches of God' instead of Church of God's."

Carl is a gifted Brother in so many ways, but he has an Eagle-eye for copy-editing. Guaranteed, if he sees this post, he can, and most likely will, find some errors.

Possibly you also have that kind of eye for copy-editing. In my opinion it's an art form. Since the largest room in the world is the room for improvement, if you find mistakes share them here so i can see them. It's difficult to grow if you don't know.

One day, Linda and I were going out of town after work, so I hurried through an article. Carl had said, "This time, put your name on the article." I did.

After we got back in town, Carl called. He was laughing. Chiding me, he said, I just saw your article. Good job, but you misspelled your own name."

It is one among many hundreds of great memories there are, from when I had the honor of working under Carl's excellent leadership.

Dole
writedoyle@gmail.com
404-933-1373
1/31/19 7:55 pm

Post Cojak
God friends are the best! Enjoyed the memory! Cool
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
1/31/19 10:24 pm

Post Eddie Robbins
He’s such a great man. Highly intelligent! That’s why he likes us! Smile Acts-pert Poster
2/1/19 8:35 am

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic