Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

Even the right initially condemned the Covington boys (L)

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post Even the right initially condemned the Covington boys (L) Resident Skeptic
We are being conditioned to react to dog whistles and we don't even realize it. Any American of European descent that is accused of racism is guilty, period.
Quote:

Rush Limbaugh identified National Review as a news media outfit that prioritizes the pursuit of “approval [from] the mainstream media” over veracity in reporting, offering his remarks on Monday’s edition of his eponymous show.

Limbaugh highlighted recent news media narratives framing a group of Covington Catholic High School students as “racists,” including agreement from ostensibly conservative news media outlets and personalities.

Limbaugh said:

" One of the biggest problems that we as conservatives have was on full display all weekend long, continuing into this morning — and that is, quite simply, we have a lot of people who would rather lose gracefully with the approval of the mainstream media than simply use their heads and understand who our opposition is.

When we see a picture of a teenager who’s white wearing a Trump hat, a “Make America Great Again” hat, and he’s standing there smiling while some aging Indian leftist activist is beating a war drum, what do we do?
We immediately condemn the kid, without even thinking! Without even learning anything, without even taking a few minutes to understand what happened! Instead of using our instincts! “Okay, we got a left-wing Indian activist there. We’ve got the media jumping all over it.” The red flags should have gone up immediately, and everybody on our side should have called ’em out for what this was! But instead, we had people on the right condemning the kids.
…
These people are scared to death of the media and the first and only thing they care about is media approval. They don’t want to be lumped in with the kids! So you have a bunch of kids from a Catholic high school standing around minding their own business, being assaulted by a militant, leftist black group and then having an Indian group with an aging leftist Indian activist named Nathan Phillips come start batting on his war drum.
And the assumption is the kids, because they’re wearing Trump hats and because they’re white, must have provoked the whole thing. And so you dump on ’em so that your friends in the media in Washington will realize you’re not one of these Trump-loving stupid little kid supporters.

RushLimbaugh.com
1/22/19 2:10 pm

Post UncleJD
I waited a few days before even watching ANYTHING about this. the 1 minute I saw over the weekend didn't pass the smell test so I turned it off figuring if there was anything to it, it would be verified in a few days. What I find the most disgusting is the fact that the leftists have come right out with the truth that they don't even care if the video was doctored, the very fact that they were white, males, catholic, and at a pro-life rally, was enough to justify all of the hate and fake outrage heaped on them. We are getting so close to war right now that its starting to scare me. Golf Cart Mafia Consigliere
1/22/19 3:00 pm

Post Cojak
I agree this was judged too harshly, and as soon as someone got in my face with a 'Drum' banging it, I might have lost it. Some folk 'demand' attention and this was a perfect situation to get attention, and it did.

I agree that too many people jumped on the first new report.

I also agree that both sides have had time to spin their point of view of what happened. This was NOTHING significant other than something for the media to chew on.
This is sad, because threats stem from it and today I take threats serious from any side. We have folks who do not hold a full deck on both sides of the equation. Embarassed Crying or Very sad
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
1/22/19 10:14 pm

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic