Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

Chico Ca. fire

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post Chico Ca. fire Dean Steenburgh
I know the original post is long gone but wanted to tell you guys that the wonderful state of California has determined that the entire town of Paradise, CA., which is situated in the foothills of the Sierra Nevada mountains has been deemed a toxic site & zero building permits will be issued until further notice.
Starbucks survived & is open but cannot use any water due to contamination so all they have is bottled water for use.
A couple of banks barely survived.
Basically no other professional services are open & zero businesses are allowed to rebuild.
Jubilee on the Ridge CoG was told they could finish an existing building project that survived but I don't know of a construction start date yet.
PG&E can turn on gas at the home of the very few that survived but water cannot be used to drink since it's contaminated.
Showers are limited to 3-4 minutes even though the water is not potable.
As a side note PG&E filed for chapter 11 bankruptcy this week.

Nobody will take the burned heaps of debris & so the place looks like a war zone that was destroyed & forgotten.
The state says that even if building permits were issued, as part of the toxic clean-up each land owner will be responsible for removing & disposing of 4 to 6 inches of soil from their land before construction will be allowed to begin.
So far the state hasn't found any sources that are willing to work with them or willing to receive any of their declared burn waste.

We have several good friends who lived there and now whose lives have been fully & completely turned upside down.

Pray for Pastor Earl Self (89 yrs old) & his daughter Glenda who is a retired nurse. Their home survived but they can't live there. Too many hardships involved as in finding food & other resources to do repairs & get their home back in livable condition due to the amount of smoke damage.
Pastor Self (in ministry for almost 70 years) is one of our few living CoG pioneers who helped to establish the CoG & plant numerous existing churches here in the West.
Pastor Grandy is trying to work through the mazes of what it will take to re-build their church in Paradise if the state lets them do it in the next year, 2 or 3.

Email me at: SteenburghDean@gmail.com

Church planters are focused on just one thing ...introducing people to Jesus!
What are you focused on?
Golf Cart Mafia Capo Famiglia
1/19/19 5:44 pm

Post Cojak
WOW, what a report and situation. I have never heard of such a thing except in Radiation situations near the nuke power plants. Some 'dirt washers' are gonna get rich(er) in CA. That requirement of 4-6" removal is monumental... My prayers and hopes for the folks there especially the Churches and pastors. Crying or Very sad
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
1/19/19 8:03 pm

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic