Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

Do I deserve any respect as a pastor?

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post Do I deserve any respect as a pastor? cogcia
2 pastors from different states told me this week that they had staff members moved into other churches with not even a phone call from their AB. How can we prepare our church for major change if we are completely blindsided. In our form of government the local church and local pastor has no value in my opinion. We get no respect. My question is simple. Do we deserve more respect than the system a lots us? Does this current system do more damage than the AB’s understand or do they understand and just don’t care? [/code] Friendly Face
2/16/19 5:01 pm

Post Dave Dorsey
That is insane. Why do COG ABs have the authority to move staff members of a local church?

Why would they even if they did have the authority?
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
2/16/19 6:41 pm

Post It's just good practice roughridercog
For a staff member to let the senior pastor know if they are being considered for a position in my opinion. It's just professional. No office in the local church is permanent. You either die or move on.
The problem is that if a staff member tells a senior pastor they are being considered for a position, then an insecure and immature pastor can start treating them badly.

Guys we need to be professional.
2/16/19 7:05 pm

Post Dave Dorsey
Ohhhhh, the staff member was looking for a new post. That makes SO much more sense. [Insert Acts Pun Here]
2/16/19 7:17 pm

Post Da Sheik
It’s not uncommon for an employee to keep his job search secret from his current employer. That’s pretty much standard practice. Pastors don’t tell their churches they’ve “auditioned” at other churches. I can usually identify guys who are only with me for a “season”. We don’t hire guys for a youth pastor position who clearly are biding their time for a senior pastorate. I assume you’re talking about men being assigned to pastor other churches. If you’re talking about MoM positions or Youth Pastors...well that’s just weird that an AB would be involved in that. Acts Enthusiast
2/16/19 11:01 pm

Post I have seen more than once when an associate informs caseyleejones
the pastor they feel like God is moving them to pastor another church that the senior gives the associate 6 weeks notice to vacate. This was from a source in the A/G and he said it was common. Acts-perienced Poster
2/21/19 10:42 am

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic