Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

Does Deut 28 no longer apply to us since it is OT?

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post Does Deut 28 no longer apply to us since it is OT? caseyleejones
Does grace take us lower?

My wife and I for the last few years have been believing God to be debt free. We finally are clear of all debt. However, recently we opened up a CD. It was from the bank of India. Could this be what it means to lend to many nations. Granted it is just one at this time...but one more than before.

Don't get me wrong, prospering is more than money...but spiritual and health.....why such an aversion to money? Also, there are other areas in my life that need prospering that really only God can correct.

But, does grace take us lower? Leave TBN, preachers, COG or anyone else out of this....Just Deut 28
Acts-perienced Poster
1/9/19 12:59 pm

Post Resident Skeptic
In the sense that it applied to breaking the Law of Moses, no it does not apply to the church. We are redeemed from the curse of the Law.
1/9/19 1:40 pm

Post So the first 10 or so verses are curses? caseyleejones
???? Acts-perienced Poster
1/9/19 7:42 pm

Post Casey, on the right track, but here's all you need to know: Aaron Scott
(2 Corinthians 1:20 KJV) For all the promises of God in him are yea, and in him Amen, unto the glory of God by us.

If you have Jesus, you have every good thing that the Father promised--and without any curse!

Yes, God wants us to prosper. You can't treat your own children better than God wants for us (Jesus said so Himself). I LOVE my son! If I had the ability, there likely wouldn't be anything I wouldn't do for him.

BUT....

But if he wanted a fast motorcycle at the age of 14, I'm not going to do that. He's not ready for that.

I wonder if that is part of the process that we go through with God. We WANT...but He knows that there are things we aren't ready for, would mishandle, or might be overcome by. And so he puts us through the process.

It is precisely BECAUSE we love our children that we don't do everything they want. They'd eat ice cream all the time (I'm not sure that's just a childish problem, as it appears I might have a similar one). Or pizza. Stay up until all hours. Get up at 1:00 in the afternoon. Skip school.

You get the idea.

The pain of the process is what matures them, disciplines them, etc. Because we want them to become adults about matters. Yes, we hope to always be there for them, and would do anything for them, but we don't want to have to bottle-feed them for life, just because they like it. I think God wants US to be both INDEPENDENT OF and DEPENDENT ON Him. That is, He wants us to walk, instead of being content to live in a stroller. At the same time, what parent doesn't enjoy their kids coming around and asking for advice and wisdom?

One man I know of received a substantial financial gift from his father--even though the man had a job, etc. It was just his father blessing him, I guess. But far more than that, that man's father showed his LOVE for his son...AND is almost certainly always going to be there to encourage and uplift his son.

That's kind of how God has operated in my life. I get the "standard" blessing, but then I also get those "windfall blessings" of exceptional blessing...and I also have access to the Father, to ask His help and wisdom.
Hon. Dr. in Acts-celeratology
1/9/19 8:00 pm

Post Casey, something else.... Aaron Scott
I recently preached on this. Maybe it will be of blessing to you.

(Psalms 1:1 KJV) Blessed is the man that walketh not in the counsel of the ungodly, nor standeth in the way of sinners, nor sitteth in the seat of the scornful.
(Psalms 1:2 KJV) But his delight is in the law of the LORD; and in his law doth he meditate day and night.
(Psalms 1:3 KJV) And he shall be like a tree planted by the rivers of water, that bringeth forth his fruit in his season; his leaf also shall not wither; and whatsoever he doeth shall prosper.

While Deuteronomy 28 is wonderful, it speaks of a future event. But in Psalm 1:1, it doesn't say "Blessed SHALL be the man," but "Blessed IS the man...."

If we ever get that truth in our spirit--that we aren't waiting to be blessed, WE ARE BLESSED--I think it does something for us.

In hard times, I'm still BLESSED!

Low on money? I'm still BLESSED!

Struggling on my job? I'm still BLESSED.

Blessing is not dependent on our circumstances, but on God! If God says we're blessed, WE ARE BLESSED. And He said right there in Psalm 1:1!

The weather of life varies almost day to day. But the blessing of the Lord can last forever.

We aren't blessed because we FEEL blessed; we are blessed because God SAID we are blessed!

The same with His presence. He's not in our midst because I can feel His presence. He's in our midst because He SAID He would be.

Amen.
Hon. Dr. in Acts-celeratology
1/9/19 8:06 pm

Post Aaron and Case...... Cojak
Those last two comments are right to my heart, THANK you so much. They are also spot on. I am in the process of giving my sons half of their inheritance in the next few months. I have battled in my soul, and discussed with my wife along with prayers. I want to see them enjoy some of the inheritance.

I have a fresh direction tonight Thanks my friend, God is good! That is good preaching also!

And Thanks Casey for the original post to get me thinking. Also glad someone else sees the benefits of debt free living. Cool
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
1/9/19 9:23 pm

Post Cojak, my wife says never again on debt.... caseyleejones
So that is our plan moving forward.... Acts-perienced Poster
1/9/19 9:46 pm

Post JLarry
We have the blessings promised to Abraham.

Yes the promises listed in Deut are ours, but the curses are not.

Even if we did not have the promises listed in Deut we have enough in the NT. In fact I was reading some of those this morning.

No one who died without Christ is happy about their decision.
Acts Mod
1/10/19 12:29 pm

Post Quiet Wyatt
An overall excellent analysis: https://youtu.be/FYDgQ6KbZbM [Insert Acts Pun Here]
1/10/19 12:44 pm

Post Cojak
Quiet Wyatt wrote:
An overall excellent analysis: https://youtu.be/FYDgQ6KbZbM

Thanks QW, that was good, made sense.
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
1/10/19 11:57 pm

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic