Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

Moving objects, doors & cabinets opening on their own

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post Moving objects, doors & cabinets opening on their own Dean Steenburgh
Quick background:
Dear lady in my church recently passed away & now her granddaughter lives there alone (18 yr old) with her grandpa who works out of town all week.
She is a sweetheart of a girl who has never dabbled in anything.
I suspect her aunt or maybe even her estranged mom might have though.
Don't know what they might have done but it's happening & this girl is getting freaked out.
She called yesterday to inform us that she has doors opening & closing on their own, kitchen cabinets doing the same & additionally items on the counter top or on the dining table moving from one side to the other.

She's asked for the ministers of our church to come over & pray for her, the house, the contents & to re-dedicate the home to the Lord since her Gma passed.
We've done this before but this time it involves inanimate objects. The other times it's been people who have been under the control or influence of spirits.

Email me at: SteenburghDean@gmail.com

Church planters are focused on just one thing ...introducing people to Jesus!
What are you focused on?
Golf Cart Mafia Capo Famiglia
1/6/19 3:53 pm

Post Dave Dorsey
Not to underspiritualize -- but in addition to pursuing this as a spiritual matter and praying over the home, you might want to make sure she has functional carbon monoxide detectors and also see if she has been evaluated for any sort of mental health condition that might involve auditory or visual hallucinations.

Praying that you would have the grace and wisdom of God as you pursue this matter.
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
1/6/19 3:56 pm

Post Cojak
This is the type of 'challenge' I am glad is not mine. I do not see one single problem with rededicating a building to things of God. To be honest I am not sure of the benefits, but if it eases someone's mind, prayer is good.

Also who knows the spiritual 'underworld?' We do believe in demons and evil spirits at times, don't we? I don't believe there is a 'demon of smoking' as 'such', but I do believe they get around in the spiritual world.

Shocked
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
1/6/19 5:04 pm

Post Preacher777
I was always skeptical of these occurrences until hearing first-hand testimony from my cousin's husband. He is 77 years-old and one of the most unemotional, logical, practical man I have ever known. He takes no medicine, walks 3-4 miles every morning and has never had any serious physical let alone mental conditions.

I used to hear stories from my cousin's family about how their house was haunted, had indoor shutters and curtains moving around, footsteps upstairs etc. My cousin was sharing about it and when I doubted her (I was very young at the time) and I told her I was sure her husband didn't beleive it. He shocked me by telling me how they were dating at the time when my cousin and sisters (teenagers at the time) called him screaming for help since their father (my uncle) wasn't home. He shared that he assumed they were imagining things and went over to settle them down. He saw things moving and actually grabbed a baseball bat as he went upstairs after hearing undeniable footsteps They and my uncle saw and heard many such things there.

I and they have no ideaa what was going on there but we sure didn't attribute it to God.

Last edited by Preacher777 on 1/6/19 7:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
Friendly Face
1/6/19 5:22 pm

Post Dave Dorsey
My aunt and her family lived in a home where there were many strange occurrences. Among other things, they came home one day and the Christmas decorations were out and the tree was half set up. I would be spraying holy water out of a fire hose if I came home to that. (Just kidding, I would rely on the power of the name of Jesus -- but boy would I be unsettled!) [Insert Acts Pun Here]
1/6/19 5:30 pm

Post Dean Steenburgh
The family have been part of our ministry for almost 11 years & the 18 yr old is very stable & bright. No issues with hallucinations, mental problems or drugs.
I think they have a couple of family members who have at times stayed there for too long of a visit & they don't serve God.
In fact I'm of the opinion that the visiting family members have dabbled in some stuff where doors have been opened & where they have tried to reach out to spirits or powers of wickedness in high places.

We've had a few dealings with the enemy over the years where spirits were cast out of people.

Even had a woman with 17 different personalities who was struggling with multiple personality disorder.
One of the scariest things I've ever had to deal with in terms of watching her suffer. Her husband was good to her & stayed with her & their 3 kids. Up until I dealt with her I was skeptical but if you knew the situation it would make a believer out of the worst critic.

What are you focused on?
1/6/19 6:56 pm

Post Quiet Wyatt
God is able. Put on the whole armor He supplies, and you will prevail. [Insert Acts Pun Here]
1/6/19 7:00 pm

Post Dave Dorsey
Quiet Wyatt wrote:
God is able. Put on the whole armor He supplies, and you will prevail.

Amen. It is very comforting in situations like this to realize that this is an interaction with foes that are firmly under Christ's feet.
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
1/6/19 7:04 pm

Post Dean Steenburgh
Quiet Wyatt wrote:
God is able. Put on the whole armor He supplies, and you will prevail.

Quote:
Amen. It is very comforting in situations like this to realize that this is an interaction with foes that are firmly under Christ's feet.

Amen!
And Amen!!

What are you focused on?
1/6/19 7:26 pm

Post Link
I just called an old friend of mine last night who was raised A/G. His family moved into this old house. Doors would lock. The light would be on when they drove home, but off when they got there. They thought it might be an optical illusion.

The pastor would come over to visit, but his wife would refuse to go into the house. Once, they went for a drive with a pastor to see if the light looked like it was on when people were at the house. It did not come on that time.

He saw a dark figure by his bed when he woke up once when he was 8, he said. Once the door to his room wouldn't open. He was in a deep sleep. The curtain was blowing in the wind, but the windows were closed.

His family moved out of there into a tiny trailer until they found something else.

I had a guy from church over on New Years who said he had family who dabbled in the occult. He said once a breadroll flew off the table and hit his dad while he was doing dishes.
1/6/19 9:04 pm

Post Nature Boy Florida
Options:

1) Consult a Catholic priest,

Seriously, I believe they hear of these type things more often than Pentecostal folks.

He might can give direction on how to deal with it...whether spiritually(probably won't be the best advice) or give direction medically on who to consult.

2) Send some prayer warriors to march around the house and stay there until it stops. Have someone stay there each night and corroborate something is actually happening.
1/7/19 7:38 am

Post I taught in an alternative high school roughridercog
The ancient building was formally a mental institution. In fact, in the basement there were still rooms with the ring in concrete for restraining violent patients on a tether.
Upon being assigned my room, the other teachers laughingly called it the gateway to hell because of otherworldly occurrences there. Before school began for the year, small things began to happen. I would be working in the room, books would fall over, the light switch would turn off and I would have to make my way through the darkness to physically turn the light switch back on. No one could enter the room to turn it off without me knowing it due to the loud sound the door made when it opened.
Finally recognizing what was going on, I immediately rebuked the demon spirit. But I became full of righteous anger. The next morning I was at the school when the janitor got there, long before any other staffers came. He was a Spirit filled man. I didn't make a show of it. I just walked the halls of the school, quietly praying at each room, bathroom, gym etc. I rebuked the demons in Jesus name, commanding them to be gone and never return to this place again.
The supernatural otherworldly occurrences stopped.
A week later at a teachers meeting, someone remarked that the ghost who occupied her classroom wasn't there this year and wondered what had happened. The janitor was passing by hears her and said, "Jim made them all leave,"
A couple of teachers actually got mad and said I should feel terrible because now those poor ghosts have nowhere to go. I simply smiled and said they were welcome to open their doors to them. Some wondered how I did it. I just told them that through Christ, demon flee.
Some got it, others just said it was cruel to kick ghosts out and they thought the spirits were cute and gave the building character.

And the. They would wonder what got into their students when they were wild. Evil or Very Mad
1/7/19 8:26 am

Post JLarry
I believe it was Smith Wigglesworth that told this story.

He was awakened one night by someone rocking in a rocking chair near his bead. He turned over, saw the devil rocking in the chair. He said; "Oh it's just you" and turned back over and went back to sleep.

That's what I call faith.

No one who died without Christ is happy about their decision.
Acts Mod
1/7/19 10:47 am

Post Re: I taught in an alternative high school Cojak
roughridercog wrote:
The ancient building was formally a mental institution. In fact, in the basement there were still rooms with the ring in concrete for restraining violent patients on a tether.
Upon being assigned my room, the other teachers laughingly called it the gateway to hell because of otherworldly occurrences there. Before school began for the year, small things began to happen. I would be working in the room, books would fall over, the light switch would turn off and I would have to make my way through the darkness to physically turn the light switch back on. No one could enter the room to turn it off without me knowing it due to the loud sound the door made when it opened.
Finally recognizing what was going on, I immediately rebuked the demon spirit. But I became full of righteous anger. The next morning I was at the school when the janitor got there, long before any other staffers came. He was a Spirit filled man. I didn't make a show of it. I just walked the halls of the school, quietly praying at each room, bathroom, gym etc. I rebuked the demons in Jesus name, commanding them to be gone and never return to this place again.
The supernatural otherworldly occurrences stopped.
A week later at a teachers meeting, someone remarked that the ghost who occupied her classroom wasn't there this year and wondered what had happened. The janitor was passing by hears her and said, "Jim made them all leave,"
A couple of teachers actually got mad and said I should feel terrible because now those poor ghosts have nowhere to go. I simply smiled and said they were welcome to open their doors to them. Some wondered how I did it. I just told them that through Christ, demon flee.
Some got it, others just said it was cruel to kick ghosts out and they thought the spirits were cute and gave the building character.

And the. They would wonder what got into their students when they were wild. Evil or Very Mad
Shocked Thumb Up Thumb Up
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
1/7/19 12:13 pm

Post Dean Steenburgh
Originally I wrote about the young girl who lives alone in this huge house where all the weird stuff is happening ...she really tries to serve God but has a lot of evil influencers around her.
Apparently her aunt or another family member is not actually cooperating with any of our ministry team so we haven't been able to get over there yet to pray for the teen &/or the home.
The grandpa is gone most weeks of every month with his trucking business.
As I said the grandma passed away last year & she was a dear woman who loved God & who was saved out of the drug culture at an older age ...by older I mean around 45 & she was around 55 when she passed last year.
One of the granddaughters was in our youth ministry until she was somehow persuaded to try dating girls. She went from an extremely pretty teen to a hard core, male look-alike & currently suffers from extreme bouts of guilt & remorse ...but still lives as an angry lesbian who made numerous videos getting into brutal fights with anybody she could fight & then post the video online.
Two of the grandsons are doing time in California prisons.
Another granddaughter got pregnant as a young teen & has since had another baby with the guy ...by all appearances he looks like he's into the gang life.
The parents of the kids I just described actually live in just as bad of condition & they can't figure out why the young girl wants the pastors to come over & pray for her & the house. They gave up custody for her when she was a toddler.

A lot more could be added to the story but you get the picture - if you can remember please pray for the un-named teen that God will make a way to help her escape this nonsense.

What are you focused on?
1/15/19 8:47 pm

Post Dean Steenburgh
Nature Boy Florida wrote:
Options:

1) Consult a Catholic priest,

Seriously, I believe they hear of these type things more often than Pentecostal folks.

He might can give direction on how to deal with it...whether spiritually(probably won't be the best advice) or give direction medically on who to consult.

2) Send some prayer warriors to march around the house and stay there until it stops. Have someone stay there each night and corroborate something is actually happening.

I've never once met a catholic priest who maintained the ability or for that matter was able to help someone who suffers from demon possession or demonic attacks.
Demons don't respond to so called, "holy water" or incantations. They laugh at those who try to remove them by any other means outside of the power of the Holy Ghost.
I heard a catholic priest say one time that his church gets numerous phone calls & requests every year from members who are seeking spiritual relief from demonic attacks but that his church is only allowed to do so many per year.
Something was said that they were happy to try to calm the spirits down or to silence them but nothing was said about casting them out.

They were not open to trying it a different way or by including others to help since we're not approved by the RCC.

What are you focused on?
1/15/19 8:56 pm

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic