Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

What are your 2019 predictions?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post Quiet Wyatt
I can’t find it on the internet now, but I seem to recall noticing a few years ago that the CoGoP doctrinal statement was quite a bit more detailed than the CoG DoF. I know the CoGoP used to be a lot more strict on divorce and remarriage than the CoG. From the CoGoP website, it appears they have loosened up somewhat on that, though I would be surprised if the CoGoP were as liberal on divorce amd remarriage as the CoG is now.

Not that any of the above would be unresolvable; just sayin’.
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
1/4/19 5:44 pm

Post QW said ... Mat
QW said,

Quote:
Not that any of the above would be unresolvable; just sayin’.

Exactly, all things are possible with God. It is only the minutia of men that stand between us.

Mat
Acts Enthusiast
1/5/19 2:23 pm

Post Eddie Robbins
Resident Skeptic wrote:
1) The indictment of Hillary, Comey and others causes Trump impeachment hype to fizzle out.

2) Border wall/barrier built with or without Congressional approval.

3) Both Romney and Bernie hint at independent Presidential bids.

4) Naval standoff over Taiwan as Beijing becomes more desperate. Chicoms back down and lose face. Nationwide protests in mainland China.

5) Assassination attempt against Rush Limbaugh.

Which one of those was the sports one? Laughing
Acts-pert Poster
1/5/19 7:48 pm

Post Eddie Robbins
Y’all get back on subject. Acts-pert Poster
1/5/19 7:49 pm

Post Quiet Wyatt
Mat wrote:

I'll be glad, on behalf of the Tomlinson family, to forgive you folks for all the times you took him to court, if you folks will accept us back and say some nice things about his leadership. Then we all can join together and complain about the current leadership. :D

Mat

When our church recently hosted a joint 5th Sunday Sing with a nearby CoGoP, CoG and CoGiC, I commented on our shared history with the CoG, and said that was nearly a hundred years ago, none of us were there, that God only has one church, and all that matters is we have the same Lord.

I think any forgiveness over the events of 1923 would be at most a symbolic gesture. I don’t think anybody in the CoG (anybody with any sense, anyway) bears a grudge against AJT.
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
1/5/19 8:04 pm

Post Cojak
1. I predict that Some high profile person will see the point of view that the 'battery' powered car is using too much natural resources in building the batteries and realize the real need of hydrogen power, natural gas or super solar power.

2. Some wise politician will realize and point out that you cannot force Democracy or a Republic type of government on other countries.

3. I predict more lower income citizens (voters) will buy into the 'new (old)' thinking that we should tax the worker enough to pay for all education and medical care until we are all healthy and educated beyond prejudice and then we can all get along. (I am predicting that will not be just one political party)
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
1/6/19 3:20 pm

Post Cojak
1. sorry duplicate comment post. But since I am here, I predict that the merger of Churches will not happen, although I would love to see it happen. There are untold blessings and souls to be won by concentrated efforts, but that will be lost in the governmental problems.
1/6/19 3:22 pm

Post Mine? roughridercog
Christmas will come on December 25 and stores will put out decorations right after Halloween.
1/7/19 8:30 am

Post Nature Boy Florida
RR will be turned out of the COG for rebuking a preacher in service for trying to "slay" him in the "spirit".
1/7/19 9:31 am

Post roughridercog
Nature Boy Florida wrote:
RR will be turned out of the COG for rebuking a preacher in service for trying to "slay" him in the "spirit".
i

If a guys locks on to me and tries to neck crack me, I will lock on too.
We will see which neck cracks first. Laughing
1/7/19 12:46 pm

Post My predictions... so to speak... 4thgeneration
1. A divided Washington DC will continue to waste taxpayer money on party promoting, investigations, allegations, accusations, and manufactured hoopla that does nothing to resolve the many deep issues of our nation.

2. Someone will win the Super Bowl, but the real winner will be the person who sells those crazy expensive commercial times.

3. The multi-campus fad will grow as leadership seeks to make it fit in more varied situations of ministry.

4. COG Forums will (hopefully) help set the tone and agenda of the 2020 GA with items that will make a significant difference in turning the curve and moving away from the merry-go-round that we’ve been riding on certain issues for far too long.
Acts Enthusiast
1/7/19 3:27 pm

Post Re: My predictions... so to speak... Cojak
4thgeneration wrote:
1. A divided Washington DC will continue to waste taxpayer money on party promoting, investigations, allegations, accusations, and manufactured hoopla that does nothing to resolve the many deep issues of our nation.

4. COG Forums will (hopefully) help set the tone and agenda of the 2020 GA with items that will make a significant difference in turning the curve and moving away from the merry-go-round that we’ve been riding on certain issues for far too long.

Amen and amen to that! Hope it comes to pass! Cool
1/8/19 10:54 pm

Post Stinkin Cheese2
Stinkin Cheese2 wrote:
1) Trump is impeached but not removed. There will be an assassination attempt on his life.

2) The Cincinnati Reds stun the baseball world.

3) There will be many established COG pastors leaving the denomination and a scandal will break out within the denomination that shakes things up.

Keep your nose to the air because #3 could be coming to light soon.
3/7/19 11:02 am

Post Dave Dorsey
Stinkin Cheese2 wrote:
Keep your nose to the air because #3 could be coming to light soon.

I'm curious to know what if anything differentiates something like this from ordinary sinful gossip.
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
3/7/19 12:04 pm

Post Stinkin Cheese2
Definition of gossip: casual or unconstrained conversation or reports about other people, typically involving details that are not confirmed as being true.

I see no details and I see no names. Just a heads up to be on the watch for it to come to light
3/7/19 12:51 pm

Post Dave Dorsey
K. I'm all for confronting/exposing institutional unrighteousness, but "whisper whisper there might be some big scandal in the COG!!" just strikes me as a bad look for a Christ-follower.

If you've got the goods, bring them to light. Otherwise, all you're doing is parroting a whisper you heard that may or may not be true, and there's no value or righteousness in that. Just my opinion, worth what you paid for it.
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
3/7/19 1:19 pm

Post roughridercog
Dave Dorsey wrote:
K. I'm all for confronting/exposing institutional unrighteousness, but "whisper whisper there might be some big scandal in the COG!!" just strikes me as a bad look for a Christ-follower.

If you've got the goods, bring them to light. Otherwise, all you're doing is parroting a whisper you heard that may or may not be true, and there's no value or righteousness in that. Just my opinion, worth what you paid for it.

I think down through the years, minister have had the goods but fear recrimination. To bring legal charges would be denominational suicide. This is why many use a pen name on Actscelerate.
If every minister who has ever been lied to by an overseer would have filed charges, there would be fewer overseers and fewer ministers. If someone called the law for lack of financial accountability, how many serving in positions would be found guilty.
But people fear bringing out the truth and also don't enjoy the idea of airing dirty laundry.
So fear maintains the silence and the dirty laundry piles up.
3/7/19 2:30 pm

Post Dave Dorsey
roughridercog wrote:
I think down through the years, minister have had the goods but fear recrimination. To bring legal charges would be denominational suicide. This is why many use a pen name on Actscelerate.
If every minister who has ever been lied to by an overseer would have filed charges, there would be fewer overseers and fewer ministers. If someone called the law for lack of financial accountability, how many serving in positions would be found guilty.
But people fear bringing out the truth and also don't enjoy the idea of airing dirty laundry.
So fear maintains the silence and the dirty laundry piles up.

That's all very understandable. And I hope I don't sound like I'm criticizing pen names; as you know Acts is fiercely dedicated to defending the anonymity of our posters with pen names for exactly the reasons you give.

I'm also very supportive of exposing institutional corruption and sin, anonymously or otherwise. I just don't like the whole "keep your ear to the ground, something big is coming" gossip. If sin needs to be exposed and confronted, let's do that, anonymously or otherwise. But "something could be coming to light soon" just rubs me the wrong way.
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
3/7/19 4:19 pm

Post Nature Boy Florida
Agree with Dave.

About the most worthless piece of predicting I've seen since the National Enquirer of the 1970s.

"Some COG preacher is doing bad things and is gonna get caught this year."

Wow, Sherlock.

Jeane Dixon would be proud of how far you've went out on a limb here. Evil or Very Mad
3/7/19 4:31 pm

Post Stinkin Cheese2
Hey Sherlock I believe that you'll read what I said it was nowhere near that vague. I said a scandal will hit the church of god that will shake up the denomination. Much more than someone somewhere doing something wrong. Just wait. Member
3/7/19 5:04 pm

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic