Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

Pastor chosen from 137 applicants to replace Eddie Long at New Birth. 10,000 attend his first service.

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post Pastor chosen from 137 applicants to replace Eddie Long at New Birth. 10,000 attend his first service. doyle
https://www.myajc.com/news/new-birth-megachurch-new-spiritual-push-weighed-down-old-debts/W0NMKqH6khyJF2mUXKnllM/
12/21/18 12:41 pm

Post Re: Pastor chosen from 137 applicants to replace Eddie Long at New Birth. 10,000 attend his first service. diakoneo
doyle wrote:
https://www.myajc.com/news/new-birth-megachurch-new-spiritual-push-weighed-down-old-debts/W0NMKqH6khyJF2mUXKnllM/

Yikes!

He has quite a financial mess to clean up. The prosperity gospel has not worked well for that church.
Golf Cart Mafia Consigliere
12/22/18 8:59 pm

Post Dave Dorsey
Good grief. Well, to be honest, Jamal Bryant is the perfect replacement for Eddie Long. This is an absolute tragedy for the people at New Birth who are truly a part of Christ's church. I trust that God will rescue them from this wolf, as He always does for those who are His. [Insert Acts Pun Here]
12/22/18 9:14 pm

Post p5harri
Dave Dorsey wrote:
Good grief. Well, to be honest, Jamal Bryant is the perfect replacement for Eddie Long. This is an absolute tragedy for the people at New Birth who are truly a part of Christ's church. I trust that God will rescue them from this wolf, as He always does for those who are His.

My thoughts exactly. Not a great track record.
12/22/18 9:29 pm

Post FLRon
Can't blame that level of debt on the recession. That's a whole lot of bad decision making right there. Very poor financial oversight if you ask me. I can only assume there was no system of checks and balances in that church.
12/23/18 8:28 am

Post Quiet Wyatt
https://youtu.be/AVkoQHCXSK8

About the 5-minute mark, Long’s ‘coronation’ in 2012 begins. Pride goeth before destruction.
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
12/23/18 9:10 am

Post JLarry
On a video I heard Bryant say Trump should not be the president and newly elected governor of Ga should have lost.

No one who died without Christ is happy about their decision.
Acts Mod
12/23/18 9:36 am

Post Quiet Wyatt
One can only imagine, since 93% of African-Americans voted for Obama, and 88% voted for Hillary, that among African-American pastors, the vast majority is of that same Democratic mindset. [Insert Acts Pun Here]
12/23/18 10:41 am

Post Dean Steenburgh
Dave Dorsey wrote:
Good grief. Well, to be honest, Jamal Bryant is the perfect replacement for Eddie Long. This is an absolute tragedy for the people at New Birth who are truly a part of Christ's church. I trust that God will rescue them from this wolf, as He always does for those who are His.

Are you saying this because they're a lot alike?
I'm sad for another large group of christians have to be duped by characters like these who prey on people.
Did he get voted in because of his strong position on Black Lives Matter, or because he defends criminals who are arrested by white officers or maybe because his recent ex-wife is on a celebrity wife show?
They have another single pastor with no wife & I don't think I would want her to come back for any reason based on her lifestyle before & after the divorce.
New Birth has been through enough tragedy it's too bad they have to endure this one now.

Email me at: SteenburghDean@gmail.com

Church planters are focused on just one thing ...introducing people to Jesus!
What are you focused on?
Golf Cart Mafia Capo Famiglia
12/23/18 11:35 am

Post Dave Dorsey
Dean Steenburgh wrote:

Yes. I didn't intend for my remark to sound sarcastic, though in retrospect I think it did. Obviously a truly "perfect" replacement for Eddie Long would be a pastor who would lovingly shepherd God's people in humility and holiness.
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
12/23/18 12:04 pm

Post Dean Steenburgh
Dave Dorsey wrote:
Dean Steenburgh wrote:

Yes. I didn't intend for my remark to sound sarcastic, though in retrospect I think it did. Obviously a truly "perfect" replacement for Eddie Long would be a pastor who would lovingly shepherd God's people in humility and holiness.

I completely agree with you!

Email me at: SteenburghDean@gmail.com

Church planters are focused on just one thing ...introducing people to Jesus!
What are you focused on?
Golf Cart Mafia Capo Famiglia
12/23/18 12:06 pm

Post FLRon
A congregation like this that has apparently never known anything except for W.O.F. prosperity teaching would likely never warm up to a genuine shepherd. For the sake of their eternal souls, I wonder if the sheep wouldn't be better off if NewBirth was dismantled so they could assimilate into a caring congregation led by a Godly shepherd.
12/28/18 10:48 am

Post Da Sheik
Being the child of an interracial couple, I can tell you that the WOF error is a cancer in the black community. My dad refused to go to church with my mother because many years ago she preferred that style of preaching. Only when she got older did she realize the empty promises of the WOF heresy.

I’m not a prophet but I foresee that this church will continue to spiral downward with this man at the helm. But I assure you this is what the people want.

Jeremiah 5:31 “the prophets prophesy falsely, and the priests rule at their direction; my people love to have it so, but what will you do when the end comes?”
‭‭
Acts Enthusiast
12/28/18 11:42 am

Post Cojak
Da Sheik wrote:
Being the child of an interracial couple, I can tell you that the WOF error is a cancer in the black community. My dad refused to go to church with my mother because many years ago she preferred that style of preaching. Only when she got older did she realize the empty promises of the WOF heresy.

I’m not a prophet but I foresee that this church will continue to spiral downward with this man at the helm. But I assure you this is what the people want.

Jeremiah 5:31 “the prophets prophesy falsely, and the priests rule at their direction; my people love to have it so, but what will you do when the end comes?”
‭‭

What a profound comment. I look forward to your comments. I appreciate Biblical logic as well as common sense. Thanks my friend. I know you are one of 'em old guys, but probably wiser than your years! Smile
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
12/28/18 12:40 pm

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic