Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

I watched Schindler’s List for the first time

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post I watched Schindler’s List for the first time Eddie Robbins
It reminded me about the question. When the Jews were gassed, did God just go ahead and send them to hell from there? Any thoughts? Acts-pert Poster
12/13/18 7:20 pm

Post Re: I watched Schindler’s List for the first time UncleJD
Eddie Robbins wrote:
It reminded me about the question. When the Jews were gassed, did God just go ahead and send them to hell from there? Any thoughts?

I never heard that God sends people to Hell. At least not from anyone I give any credit to. From what I understand a person's own sin does that.
Golf Cart Mafia Consigliere
12/13/18 8:09 pm

Post Re: I watched Schindler’s List for the first time Link
UncleJD wrote:
Eddie Robbins wrote:
It reminded me about the question. When the Jews were gassed, did God just go ahead and send them to hell from there? Any thoughts?

I never heard that God sends people to Hell. At least not from anyone I give any credit to. From what I understand a person's own sin does that.

Matthew 10:28 â–º
And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.
12/13/18 8:18 pm

Post (L) Resident Skeptic
Why does the fact that they were gassed or that they were Jews have any bearing on whether they went to hell?

What about the millions of Ukrainians who died during the Holodomor at the hands of Soviet agencies overrepresented by Jews?

Both situations were equally evil. Millions of innocent people died.

https://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7340,L-3342999,00.html
12/13/18 9:09 pm

Post Da Sheik
The Holocaust was a tragedy of epic proportions. Even more tragic and a fate far worse than death, is rejecting the Son of God for eternity. Reminds me of a bumper sticker I once saw: “Born once, die twice. Born twice, die once”. Sounds biblical doesn’t it ? Acts Enthusiast
12/13/18 9:38 pm

Post Re: I watched Schindler’s List for the first time Quiet Wyatt
Eddie Robbins wrote:

Every one will be judged perfectly righteously by God according to their works. He takes everything into account, and prefers mercy where possible. Not being able to know exactly what the state of heart was of each of the victims of the Holocaust, it is impossible to state with certainty what their final judgment will be, except to say that it will be perfect, and will be according to truth, with a God who delights in mercy.
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
12/13/18 9:54 pm

Post Cojak
I have never felt I had enough 'God insight' to KNOW one's destination after death.
But to the OP, it is a question asked often about 'that tragic situation' as well as the 'Bum who dies on the street.' There maybe one on earth who knows the answer, but I sure do not. Embarassed
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
12/13/18 9:57 pm

Post Re: I watched Schindler’s List for the first time Cojak
Quiet Wyatt wrote:
Eddie Robbins wrote:

Every one will be judged perfectly righteously by God according to their works. He takes everything into account, and prefers mercy where possible. Not being able to know exactly what the state of heart was of each of the victims of the Holocaust, it is impossible to state with certainty what their final judgment will be, except to say that it will be perfect, and will be according to truth, with a God who delights in mercy.

Thumb Up Said well QW.
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
12/13/18 9:58 pm

Post Re: I watched Schindler’s List for the first time UncleJD
Link wrote:
UncleJD wrote:
Eddie Robbins wrote:

And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.

Doing the deed and sending someone there are 2 completely different things. Its the "willing" part of "willing AND able", and we know that He is not "willing" that any should perish. 2 Peter 3:9 . So if HE isn't willing, then it must be us.
Golf Cart Mafia Consigliere
12/13/18 11:23 pm

Post Eddie Robbins
Quote:

This is an interesting scripture and it takes me to a different thought. If I am in hell, being tormented for all eternity as long as my soul and body existed. why would I fear the one who will DESTROY both soul and body in hell? Wouldn’t I welcome that to end the torment?

I am so thankful for the mercy of God!
Acts-pert Poster
12/14/18 4:49 am

Post Re: I watched Schindler’s List for the first time Nature Boy Florida
Eddie Robbins wrote:

The Jews had an Old Covenant - only open to them. So - I guess they are open to make that appeal on judgment day.

Or they can hope that maybe there will be a bunch of liberals on the High Court willing to let just anyone in.

Or perhaps the Bible is just fake news - and their existence completely ended at the gas chamber.

Or they could put their hope in Jesus.
12/14/18 8:26 am

Post Some thoughts... Aaron Scott
As someone pointed out, the issue is not whether they died by gassing, but whether they were saved. The gassing issue, I think, Eddie, is used to try to make it seem that if they went to hell, then God is utterly unjust.

But consider that millions of Jews have lived to a good old age and died peacefully. Did they go to hell? But let's take it one step further....

Let's say that some kid was raised a PK, but is now backslidden. He takes a drive with his friends and is killed in a car accident. Does he go to hell?

In other words, the question of eternity is a separate question from the cause of death. Of course, we cannot help but hope, since we are compassionate people, that if someone experiences a particularly tragic death, it seems too much that they might also go to hell.

As QW pointed out, God WILL do the right thing. I believe God looks at a lot more than "Are you saved?" That is ultimately ESSENTIAL, but consider that some folks may have died without knowing a thing about Jesus. God takes that into account, and, if I understand Romans correctly, makes some determinations based on how they lived according to the light they had.

HOWEVER, if you die as a good person, you STILL must be born again. And why wouldn't you be, if you are standing in front of the Son of God? That would eliminate all doubt about which religion is correct.

ON THE OTHER HAND, a Pharisee who was no doubt a good and upright man, was thanking God that he wasn't like the other fellow, a publican. Jesus said that it was the PUBLICAN that went home justified...implying that the Pharisee remained unjustified. So there's that....

All we ultimately have is FAITH that God will do the right thing. Not one person will be in hell who doesn't deserve to be there. At the same time, I am not sure that anyone in heaven will deserve to be there...except for the grace of God.
Hon. Dr. in Acts-celeratology
12/14/18 10:47 am

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic