Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

Nice blog about church attendance changing (L)

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post Nice blog about church attendance changing (L) Eddie Robbins
https://careynieuwhof.com/church-attendance-is-dying-heres-whats-next/ Acts-pert Poster
12/14/18 10:01 am

Post FLRon
Thanks for the link. That was an interesting read. One of the reasons certain independent churches are growing is because they have recognized that unless they change the way they "do church", the Exodus will continue out the back door.
Established, traditional type churches will have to adapt or else they will find themselves on the outside looking in. My opinion,of course.
12/14/18 5:30 pm

Post Preacher777
Eddie, thanks for the excellent article. He made some great points about many people not wanting to commit to a church or Bible study time. One thing we do to deal with this is to do Bible studies that happen at a friend or member's house on a whenever basis.

If somebody wants to get together and discuss the Bible we ask whoever may be around and have them ask their friends or whoever and get together on an informal basis. Sometimes it is 3-4 people but other times people come because they don't have to commit to it but can show up on a same day or 1 day invitation.
Friendly Face
12/14/18 6:19 pm

Post Eddie Robbins
If you are in town and invite me to meet for coffee and I am available but just don’t want to, I am forsaking the assembling. That verse is always used for church attendance but not necessarily so, IMO. Acts-pert Poster
12/14/18 7:30 pm

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic