Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

Trump, Pelosi, Schumer Oval Argument Amusing
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post Trump, Pelosi, Schumer Oval Argument Amusing Quiet Wyatt
If you missed it just now, you really missed something else. I don’t believe I’ve ever seen anything like it. Ridiculous, really. [Insert Acts Pun Here]
12/11/18 12:23 pm

Post Dave Dorsey
Mike Pence looks like a man who's stuck in a room with Donald Trump, Nancy Pelosi, and Chuck Schumer.

[Insert Acts Pun Here]
12/11/18 12:42 pm

Post Dave Dorsey
Also picturing McConnell watching this live from his office. He's been sipping a fine Kentucky bourbon, neat. He stops drinking a few minutes into this, and just stares daggers into the television, his hand still around the drink, resting on the table. His grip gradually tightens, the only visible movement aside from his noticeably infrequent blinking. As the meeting goes on, his grip becomes tighter still. "I am proud to shut down the government for border security." The glass shatters. Blood begins to pool beneath his hand, mixing with the bourbon. "Senator?" an aide asks. "Go," he tells her. She does. She knows to get away when he's like this. [Insert Acts Pun Here]
12/11/18 12:54 pm

Post Resident Skeptic
Thank God for a President who will look these thugs in the eye and say "NO SURRENDER!!". What you guys are trashing most Republicans admire.
12/11/18 1:11 pm

Post Quiet Wyatt
I wasn’t ‘trashing’ anything. Just saying the whole thing was amusing and really ridiculous. [Insert Acts Pun Here]
12/11/18 1:14 pm

Post Dave Dorsey
Resident Skeptic wrote:
Thank God for a President who will look these thugs in the eye and say "NO SURRENDER!!". What you guys are trashing most Republicans admire.

Not trashing either.

But, we already saw what it looks like when MAGA Nation shows up at the polls in force but is overwhelmed by Democrats and Independents. It didn't look good. (Although as the president ceaselessly reminds us, it did result in a 53-47 Senate.)

Shutting down the government to own the libs is something probably isn't going to work out too well either.
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
12/11/18 1:44 pm

Post Resident Skeptic
Dave Dorsey wrote:
Resident Skeptic wrote:

Not trashing either.

But, we already saw what it looks like when MAGA Nation shows up at the polls in force but is overwhelmed by Democrats and Independents. It didn't look good. (Although as the president ceaselessly reminds us, it did result in a 53-47 Senate.)

Shutting down the government to own the libs is something probably isn't going to work out too well either.

At least 17 seats were won by Democrats under very questionable circumstances. I'm not impressed.

Trump forced Chucky and Nancy to confess publically and on national television that they are against border security. This played right into Trump's hands.
12/11/18 1:50 pm

Post Quiet Wyatt
Here is the video of the entire thing, for those who may have missed it. I watched it live on Fox, but found this video from CNN on YouTube. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=AZtCfBR8ZZQ [Insert Acts Pun Here]
12/11/18 1:56 pm

Post Quiet Wyatt
To me, if you’re going to have people over to your house for a press conference, both you and they owe each other basic respect. It is obvious in the clip that the only one being respectful is Mike Pence. My question is, “Why have Nancy and Chuck over for a shouting match? Why even waste the time and effort involved?” It would have been better to not have a meeting like this at all. At best, it made all three of them look like petulant children.

Last edited by Quiet Wyatt on 12/11/18 2:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
12/11/18 2:01 pm

Post Dave Dorsey
Resident Skeptic wrote:
At least 17 seats were won by Democrats under very questionable circumstances. I'm not impressed.

Okay, I guess the only question is how many consecutive electoral shellackings it will take for MAGA nation to stop inventing their own reality about this stuff.

Resident Skeptic wrote:
Trump forced Chucky and Nancy to confess publically and on national television that they are against border security. This played right into Trump's hands.

And they got him to admit he'd proudly shut the government down over it, which is a position that's going to go over like a lead balloon with the vast majority of voters.
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
12/11/18 2:20 pm

Post Eddie Robbins
Resident Skeptic wrote:
Dave Dorsey wrote:
Resident Skeptic wrote:

Not trashing either.

They said they were FOR border security. I saw the video. Please be truthful. They just don’t feel the wall has to be a part of it.
Acts-pert Poster
12/11/18 2:26 pm

Post Dave Dorsey
Also wanted to share these questions from Don Winslow on Twitter:

[President Trump] promised that Mexico would pay for the wall.

It was his signature campaign promise.

He had supporters at his rally's chant his pledge.

Why is he threatening to shut down the government if we don't pay for the wall?

What happened to Mexico paying for it?
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
12/11/18 3:31 pm

Post diakoneo
Is shutting the government down a bad thing? Would it be the end of the world if they shut the government down for a few days?

Didn't it work one time to get welfare reform back in the 90s when Congress had a backbone?

Look it up. There have been quite a few "government shutdowns". News media always makes big deal about it but it seems it is never the end of the world. Somehow we keep on going.
Golf Cart Mafia Consigliere
12/11/18 3:46 pm

Post Quiet Wyatt
I do not care if the federal govt has to shut down for a while. [Insert Acts Pun Here]
12/11/18 3:57 pm

Post UncleJD
Eddie Robbins wrote:

They said they were FOR border security. I saw the video. Please be truthful. They just don’t feel the wall has to be a part of it.

They may have said that, but how many on the left are screaming "no borders!" constantly? These 2 old dinosaurs don't represent the new democratic voter.

As for the mid-terms, someone hasn't studied typical mid-terms in a while. Unless a real crime is discovered (and not the one that ALL of congress violates each and every day by the very existence of their tax-payer-funded hush-fund, but pretend to be outraged over POTUS doing the same thing with his own money), then that result and the gridlock that is coming for 2 years, will play right into Trump's hands. He couldn't have asked for a better result politically speaking, because now, he doesn't have to get anything done for the next 2 years to win, just like Obama, Bush and Clinton.
12/11/18 3:59 pm

Post p5harri
Just a note on a government shutdown.

It does affect some people, especially the military, unless the Congress makes provision to continue paying the military, they wouldn't get a paycheck on the next pay date past the shutdown.

Delayed paychecks are also a reality.

Having been on the military side of the fence, even though they typically fund the military during a shutdown even losing civilian workers and contractors can be a big deal.
12/11/18 4:12 pm

Post But if the government shuts down... roughridercog
How will the illegals get free stuff? Laughing
12/11/18 4:18 pm

Post UncleJD
p5harri wrote:
Just a note on a government shutdown.

It does affect some people, especially the military, unless the Congress makes provision to continue paying the military, they wouldn't get a paycheck on the next pay date past the shutdown.

Delayed paychecks are also a reality.

Having been on the military side of the fence, even though they typically fund the military during a shutdown even losing civilian workers and contractors can be a big deal.

That would be on congress then. I actually heard one of the dims say something to the tune of "Republicans want to shut down the government that our founding fathers worked so hard to create". I'm pretty sure they worked hard to give us a COUNTRY and protect our freedom, not a government to waste our money.
12/11/18 4:23 pm

Post Nature Boy Florida
Shut em down.(except for all military and border security paychecks).

I do not think the Republicans lose any goodwill shutting the govt down. It scared the Bushes - but I do not think it scares Trump.

Just promise not to retroactively pay the jokers that took a month off.
12/11/18 4:27 pm

Post Resident Skeptic
Eddie Robbins wrote:
Resident Skeptic wrote:
Dave Dorsey wrote:
Resident Skeptic wrote:

Not trashing either.

But we all know they are lying. To the Dems, border security is making sure all illegals securely make it across the border.
12/11/18 6:00 pm

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic