Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

Act Like You’ve Been There Before

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post Act Like You’ve Been There Before Da Sheik
If Notre Dame defeated SW Montana St in a football game, there’s no way the student body would storm the field and tear down the goalposts. I consistently see (COG) pastors posting on social media. Posts such as, “praise God we had 40 in attendance “. While I think it’s important to celebrate victories, I think it’s also important to convey faith and confidence that this will be the expected norm.

I was recently invited to preach at a large non-COG church on a Sunday evening. There was a capacity crowd in attendance. After the service, I asked the pastor what their normal attendance was and his answer stunned me: “oh we don’t count numbers...we haven’t done that in years “. The irony amazed me. Most of our churches are much smaller by comparison and we are obsessed with attendance numbers.

Take away the “how many you runnin’“ component out of our conversation and we have little to talk about. Just food for thought on a Monday.
Acts Enthusiast
12/10/18 5:18 pm

Post How Many Are You Running? FG Minister
How many are you running, the pastor was asked. He responded "1000." The questioner said "but the last time I heard, you only had about 25 people." The pastor said "Right. We are running 1000 but we've only caught 25." Acts-celerater
12/11/18 12:10 pm

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic