Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

Trump, Pelosi, Schumer Oval Argument Amusing
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post diakoneo
Nature Boy Florida wrote:

Just promise not to retroactively pay the jokers that took a month off.
Thumb Up Thumb Up
Golf Cart Mafia Consigliere
12/11/18 7:41 pm

Post Cojak
At the moment with a 'caravan' waiting at the border and looking for other ways to get across, we do need a wall.
Especially when 'some' study ( no I don't know which one but I read that it is a REAL study),there are over a 100 million foreigners would like to come to America. NOW I (like several others here) have visited some of those countries and I do not blame them for wanting to immigrate. If the caravans succeed you will see many more.

America can absorb many immigrants, but millions?
Our immigration policies have worked for years. I am sure, like most government policies and programs, they should be revisited. But I do not think they should all be trashed and open our borders.

To me the 'caravans' idea should be taken seriously and a wall would allow only legal entry points. Tunnels of course will continue and entries by sea will increase, but those are detectable because it limits the options.
I was not sold on the wall, until the 'caravans'. Now YES I think we need a wall. do I like the expense? Of course not. But the logic for one is there.

Now the offer by the other party? what is it? Increase manpower?

Have you crossed the border lately? We have several times in the last two years at two points. The USA has ONE AGENT VISIBLE TO CHECK PASSPORTS AND IDS. The Mexican side? both entry points had from 10 to 20 armed soldiers, along with the civil servants checking documents to prevent illegal entry into their country
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
12/12/18 1:13 am

Post Cojak
Sorry to go crazy, but to the OP, yes this meeting was a very bad idea from the start. Yes, I think the wall is worth a shut down. Embarassed
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
12/12/18 1:19 am

Post Folks, this is how checks and balances work. Aaron Scott
To keep on branch of gov't from controlling everything, each has power to deal with the other branches. Trump's power is to shut down the gov't unless they get on board.

Yes, Trump will take heat, I'm sure. But consider that Representatives are going to take heat for not being FOR what (I think) a whole lot of people are FOR. The far left may not be for walls, but the standard left likely isn't exactly put off by a strong wall (California being a major point of entry. No, they don't want children separated from parents, but neither do they want an influx of illegals.

Far as I'm concerned, we ought to take over Central America down to the Panama Canal, then eventually have 50+ American states. We should have done that to Haiti DECADES ago. And by "take over," it might be by referendum ("Do you wish to become an American territory? Will you abide by....)

But barring that, our main option is a strong border. I think Trump will win this round. And as for the Republicans that will not vote for it, they won't be coming back next election. Why? Because if they think that standing against Trump on this ONE ISSUE will save them, it won't. Democrats will still vote against them...and now, so will Republicans. Choose a side and go with it.
Hon. Dr. in Acts-celeratology
12/12/18 6:12 am

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic