Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

I am seeing a lawyer, sadly

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post I am seeing a lawyer, sadly Resident Skeptic
My father passed away back in June. Some months before he died I found out my older sister was pressuring him to cut me out of the will.

My wife, girls and myself moved in with Dad in November of 2016 after we sold my late mom's place which my sister and I also jointly owned. She was ready for a change and wanted to move to Colorado. She had been living with my Dad . When she left, we had nowhere to go but to his house. For 18 months all 4 of us lived in one bedroom with a closet that leaked when it rained. Thus much of our stuff was in plastic containers. My sister decided to use her room for storage instead of vacating it. She had already taken over my dad's two large storage sheds for more of her stuff. I had to buy my own shed.

My sister left for Colorado and completely bombed. She came back to Florida expecting us to move out of my dad's place. This year I had a blown knee requiring surgery and months recovery. I also had the shingles and I was hospitlized with a tick bite. I could not work until September. But none of things phased my sister. She simply lacks empathy. When we refused to leave my dad's house, she moved in with our half sister.

Long story short, she was really twisting dad's arm to cut us from the will when he suddenly died. His body was not even room tempertature when she was out trying to find witnesses that would cooberate her story that dad "intended" to change his will. I have kept my mouth shut, never letting on that I knew what she had been up to. My dad supplemented 30% of her income her entire adult life (she is 54). I took a total of 300 dollars from my dad my entire adult life. She was trying to convince my dad that my wife was plotting to divorce me and give our property to her family. This was a complete lie and has destroyed their relationship.

The other day I approached my sister about buying out her half of the estate. She turned me down on the basis that she is a single woman,does not want a mortgage, cannot afford rent, and does not want the debt of a student loan to improve herself. Thus, she expects us to move out and essentially let her live there while this 1937 home crumbles around her. Of course she will never buy me out, but would expect me to keep the place up. She owes me several thousand dollars from renovations I did on my mom's place. I was counting on her giving me a good deal on her half of dad's place as a way to pay me back. She has illegally removed documents from the premises. I am the executor and nothing is to be removed without my consent. Today I will be seeing an attorney about legal options.

Your prayers and input are desired.

Last edited by Resident Skeptic on 12/10/18 2:41 pm; edited 2 times in total
Acts-dicted
12/10/18 2:23 pm

Post Dave Dorsey
I'm very sorry that you're going through all of this, but glad you've taken the step to see an attorney. Hopefully he or she will be able to make quick work of this situation for you! [Insert Acts Pun Here]
12/10/18 2:33 pm

Post Praying for peace and wisdom roughridercog
The tough decision would be to sell the estate, split in half, and each go their own way.
12/10/18 2:34 pm

Post Re: Praying for peace and wisdom Resident Skeptic
roughridercog wrote:
The tough decision would be to sell the estate, split in half, and each go their own way.

She has refused to do that as well. She wants to live there without buying me out, my family be darned. If we sell it, she has nowhere to live except our half-sibling. I am not ready to rent or buy myself as I am trying to finish graduate school.

You see, in her mind I should never have been in the will to begin with because she was entitled to it all. Thus, why should she cooperate with me in any way? She is delusional and narcissistic.
12/10/18 2:38 pm

Post Link
I'm sorry to hear about this. I'll pray about the situation.

Can't one of you take your mom's old house and the other one take your dad's old house?
12/11/18 1:25 am

Post Resident Skeptic
Link wrote:
I'm sorry to hear about this. I'll pray about the situation.

Can't one of you take your mom's old house and the other one take your dad's old house?

As I mentioned, we sold our mom's house in 2016 so my sister could move to Colorado, where she failed and thus had to return to Florida.
12/11/18 6:21 am

Post Preacher777
I will keep you in prayer. Friendly Face
12/11/18 7:31 am

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic