Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

Can't Trump at Least PRETEND to be a Christian?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post Dave Dorsey
Also, calling it a Catholic creed is hilarious. I guess anything that happened between 381 and 1517 is automatically Roman Catholic. [Insert Acts Pun Here]
12/7/18 11:38 am

Post The only things worse than President Trump Aaron Scott
would be a President Hillary.

Yes, we very much want Trump to stop being like nothing more than a rotten, spoiled CHILD. But on the other hand, he did nominate a Supreme Court justice that is almost certainly going to be FAR BETTER than one that Hillary had nominated.

If he could stop his foolishness, he might actually be a good president. But his foolishness drowns out so much of what he has accomplished. He is going to be remembered as a trainwreck despite any good he has done.

I think all of us knew that a wall wasn't going to be built. But at least he was for clamping down on rampant illegal activity. So we held our noses and voted for him.

Still...I'd like to see him succeed. I wouldn't want anyone to go the grave so detested in so many corners.
Hon. Dr. in Acts-celeratology
12/7/18 11:44 am

Post Nature Boy Florida
UncleJD wrote:
Oh For Joy! Obama, the greatest Christian president of all time, recited the Apostles Creed! Now that makes up for all his efforts to kill babies, steel money from the people, fund terrorism, fight against the Constitution, shut down small business, force Christians to make gay-cakes! Praise Be! He knows the Creed!! WHOOOOP-TI-DOO!

I attend a non-creedal denomination, and won't recite a Roman Catholic creed either. Guess my denomination isn't good enough for the superior Christians that need to see the great Obama to feel good. I'll see if I can get them to promote LGBTQ/abortion, etc.. to make the real Christians happy.

Nope, I don't know if Trump is a Christian or not, but all I need to see is Obama reciting a Catholic creed, and I'm goose-bumpy, and Trump's evil!

Nicely done JD.

The only thing better would have been if Obama could have read it from a teleprompter - then you would know for sure he meant it.

It seems we have some that get a "thrill up their leg" when Obama does anything.
12/7/18 1:01 pm

Post Eddie Robbins
I guess the point was missed here. It has nothing to do with Obama unless he was the one not participating, then it would have proven that he is a Muslim.
Laughing

The point was, the whole church except Donald and Melania was participating out of respect. And, it’s not that he’s not a Christian. We don’t know. It’s that it seems like he would have been smart enough not to draw attention to himself and have people like us even talking about it. But, he’s just not that smart.
Acts-pert Poster
12/7/18 5:44 pm

Post Cojak
Eddie Robbins wrote:
.... It’s that it seems like he would have been smart enough not to draw attention to himself and have people like us even talking about it. But, he’s just not that smart.

Aw Eddie if it hadn't been that, you would have found something else. I sorta get the idea you don't like the man. And about being smart? The dude beat out my man, your man and plenty of smart men who weren't smart enough to NOT be played.

He is now president. I want him to succeed. I am not sure he can keep things on track, but I hope so. Sorry I was just not interested enough to learn he had the words to all the reciting. But then he probably can't read either! Wink Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

This is very interesting reading.... Cool I get it, some folk like him and some folk don't. I am honestly amazed that his popularity keep rising in the polls.
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
12/7/18 9:58 pm

Post Eddie Robbins
https://news.gallup.com/poll/203198/presidential-approval-ratings-donald-trump.aspx Acts-pert Poster
12/8/18 3:42 am

Post Keep Changing the Subject?? FG Minister
We aren't talking about Obama or Hillary. We are talking about Trump!! You guys are like the woman at the well - you keep changing the subject to something other than what we're talking about. If you want to defend him then please do it on his own merits without comparing him to Hillary or Obama. Acts-celerater
12/8/18 9:22 am

Post Cojak
Eddie Robbins wrote:
https://news.gallup.com/poll/203198/presidential-approval-ratings-donald-trump.aspx

I seldom look at that much data, but it seems it has climbed. Not in comparison to the others. I was referring to a Harvard study I think, but I could be wrong...

I guess my surprise is that he isn't down in the 20% range according to many people.

(I had to digest that much data when I was young and a working soul, I don't even try anymore.) Embarassed
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
12/8/18 10:34 am

Post Re: Keep Changing the Subject?? Dave Dorsey
FG Minister wrote:
You guys are like the woman at the well - you keep changing the subject to something other than what we're talking about.

Spot on, FG Minister!
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
12/8/18 11:14 am

Post Quiet Wyatt
I am no fan of Trump, but as I said, his not faking it by reciting a creed he doesn’t believe in didn’t offend me one bit, and it is not clear why I should be offended. [Insert Acts Pun Here]
12/8/18 12:38 pm

Post Eddie Robbins
Quiet Wyatt wrote:
I am no fan of Trump, but as I said, his not faking it by reciting a creed he doesn’t believe in didn’t offend me one bit, and it is not clear why I should be offended.

It is not about being offended. It is about having the perception of being the Christian’s choice for president and not participating in the Apostles Creed. It is all about perception and he does not seem to get it.
Acts-pert Poster
12/8/18 12:53 pm

Post Dave Dorsey
Quiet Wyatt wrote:
I am no fan of Trump, but as I said, his not faking it by reciting a creed he doesn’t believe in didn’t offend me one bit, and it is not clear why I should be offended.

Someone like you who recognizes the president for who he is has no reason to be offended by it, IMO. I'm certainly not offended or surprised by it. It's par for the course.

Evangelicals who believe he is a faithful Christian who should be adored and blindly supported should be confronted with this evidence to the contrary, though.
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
12/8/18 1:10 pm

Post Dean Steenburgh
I think the people who claim to be Christians should be the ones acting like Christians & pray for those who have authority over us instead of tearing them down & making a mockery of them on social media talk boards.

And you started this thread because .........................????????

Email me at: SteenburghDean@gmail.com

Church planters are focused on just one thing ...introducing people to Jesus!
What are you focused on?
Golf Cart Mafia Capo Famiglia
12/8/18 1:11 pm

Post Dave Dorsey
Can one not pray for a leader and take public issue with his immorality and wickedness at the same time?

Would love to have seen the letters you would have written to Bonhoeffer, Dean.
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
12/8/18 2:02 pm

Post Dean Steenburgh
Dave Dorsey wrote:
Can one not pray for a leader and take public issue with his immorality and wickedness at the same time?

Would love to have seen the letters you would have written to Bonhoeffer, Dean.

OMG Dave you can't even be close to being serious.
We are not in any type of condition/situation where the country is in harms way of a possible dictatorship nor do we have a leader who is killing the Jews.
Please separate the ideology of Mr. Trump & Hitler in logical manner.
Mr. Trump has been more of a friend to the church than the last 4 who served in office.

For the record, I too will not recite the Apostle's Creed as it is not in scripture & it is basically a written response/prayer for feel goodism.
The Episcopalian Church is just an extension of the Catholic church so that they can have priests who marry. They're also one of the first so called 'christian' denoms to promote LGBT causes & allow ministers to serve as openly gay & to bless the sacrament of LGBT matrimony.
The Obama's are not known to be christian, nor the Clintons & I doubt even the younger Bush family based on various reasons. Jimmy Carter is the only one I know that professes to be a believer & there for awhile I questioned that.

What are you focused on?
12/8/18 2:24 pm

Post Nature Boy Florida
Dean Steenburgh wrote:
I think the people who claim to be Christians should be the ones acting like Christians & pray for those who have authority over us instead of tearing them down & making a mockery of them on social media talk boards.

And you started this thread because .........................????????

Right on Dean.

There are a few here that only want to point out the mans flaws.

He has many.

But I find it surprising that tries to accomplish things evangelicals want.

I am convinced Hillary would not.

Things like:
Justices that don't legislate things like unlimited abortion from the court.
Support for Israel.
Support for free speech.
Support for less taxes out of our pockets - which results in less things run by the govt.//which doesn't allow any Christian expression in things run by the govt - such as schools.
Support for less world govt - like getting out of the climate accords - which was nothing more that taking money from Americans.

I could list numerous things he doesn;t do well - like not supporting Christians enough that are being butchered by Muslims in Africa.

But maybe one day.

It is amazing to me that the Lord uses any means necessary to accomplish what the Christians have prayed for for years.

Who thought that Trump would be the one that would actually try to accomplish some of the things evangelicals want?

I never dreamed it. He was the toast of Democratic bigwigs. Winner of awards from African Americans. Network TV darling.
He is the last guy I would have expected God to raise up. But God did. So I pray for him.
12/8/18 5:33 pm

Post Dave Dorsey
Dean Steenburgh wrote:
For the record, I too will not recite the Apostle's Creed as it is not in scripture & it is basically a written response/prayer for feel goodism.

Uhh... which part of the Apostles' Creed isn't in Scripture? 🤔🤔
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
12/8/18 5:50 pm

Post Dean Steenburgh
Dave Dorsey wrote:
Dean Steenburgh wrote:

Uhh... which part of the Apostles' Creed isn't in Scripture? 🤔🤔

Can you recite the chapter it's found in?
Don't remember reading instructions in scripture to recite this man made creed.

We know it's used for liturgical purposes mostly by liturgical Churches of Western tradition, including the Catholics, Lutherans & Anglicans.

What are you focused on?
12/8/18 6:30 pm

Post Dave Dorsey
Cool... so, your sermons are just you reading straight from the Bible, right?

And your praise and worship is exclusive psalmody?

It's one thing to not recite an orthodox creed because it's not a part of your particular tradition. That's cool. But what you're saying about a beautiful, wholly biblical declararion of fairh that dates back to 180 AD is just absolute ignornance gone to seed.
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
12/8/18 6:49 pm

Post Dean Steenburgh
Dave Dorsey wrote:
Cool... so, your sermons are just you reading straight from the Bible, right?

And your praise and worship is exclusive psalmody?

It's one thing to not recite an orthodox creed because it's not a part of your particular tradition. That's cool. But what you're saying about a beautiful, wholly biblical declararion of fairh that dates back to 180 AD is just absolute ignornance gone to seed.

No Dave, I'm saying we don't wander around the world of beliefs & theology searching for something "cool" to recite ...we're not the Elks Lodge.

You said this earlier:
Quote:
Also, calling it a Catholic creed is hilarious. I guess anything that happened between 381 and 1517 is automatically Roman Catholic.
It kinda got it's start with the RC beliefs. Last time I checked we don't believe the same as the Catholics.
We don't pray to Mary or any of the other saints, we don't use the Rosary nor do we enter the church for confession at the analogion (lectern) set up near the iconostasion.

Maybe Mr. Trump doesn't want to recite something outside of a prayer.
Maybe he doesn't believe the part where he has to say he believes in the "holy catholic church" ...neither do I.
In some ways the Apostles Creed is a poem.
They have a form of Godliness but they deny the power thereof.
For the most part they are not recognized as evangelicals.

I have several "former" catholics who have come out of darkness into the light of God's grace through salvation of His Son Jesus.
I have great friends & even a few family members who either are Catholic or they are former Catholics. We love them & I believe some of them are genuinely saved & serving God.
But the Catholic church in & of itself doesn't offer the same salvation we offer as evangelicals; they add other conditions to an ongoing relationship with Christ.

What are you focused on?
12/8/18 7:23 pm

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic