Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

Sullivan on America's New Religions (L)

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post Sullivan on America's New Religions (L) Dave Dorsey
Cannot recommend this article highly enough -- as good as "universal theory of everything" as there is for the current state of our politics, culture, and faith (on both the left and the right).

http://nymag.com/intelligencer/2018/12/andrew-sullivan-americas-new-religions.html
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
12/8/18 7:38 pm

Post Cojak
it is obvious why you recommend this article my friend, because it does back your core feelings, I understand that. HOWEVER I do get confused at the description of religion.

In my opinion in most cases it is passion. I am greatly concerned that too many people forget why we have separation of church and state. When we vote for a leader it should be voting for the best person to run the country. Because if they fail and we become a third world country, we will soon have someone telling us what religion or no religion we must have. Friend we are not close to that.

I get it, Trump is not a representative of any religion. Is he a Christian? I don't know I sure wish someone had not used the term 'baby Christian' (which I assume they did) I am a little sick of hearing it, (sort of like read my lips) but that is a personal thing. I got sick of people saying Obama was a Muslim, when there was no solid proof of that fact.

The one thing I agree with that I hear in Trumps behalf is: I am glad to see a president who is himself sick of PC. The wrong joke can get you fired, the wrong facial expression can do the same. I too am sick of that.

About the article I wish I could write that well and also wish I knew as much varied info. But I still contend this is another person who cannot separate Church and state.
If I ran this country it would be morally better, I would force it. LOL Or I think I would.

I respect the man's opinion and I agree he shot at both sides of the political spectrum, but mostly said, "The left will not get their act together to defeat Trump, so we are headed for hell in a hand basket, or that is the way I interpreted it. I could be wrong, my reading comprehension is not what it used to be, back when I was young and smart! Wink

BTW I didn't go to sleep reading the article. Very Happy

PS: I respect you my friend, but you are wrong some time. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Of course in MHO, But I do enjoy reading your stuff! Smile

PS2: My wife just said "You go crazy when you eat corn bread and milk with onion in it and read ACTS, you need to stop one of 'em!" note: the girl lost her sense of humor at 80! Shocked
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
12/9/18 12:17 am

Post Dave Dorsey
Cojak wrote:
PS: I respect you my friend, but you are wrong some time.

That is a kind understatement. Very Happy
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
12/9/18 6:31 am

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic