Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

How can this be verified?

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post How can this be verified? Cojak
Since I am conservative and mostly a Republican I get MANY e-mails that are anti-democrat. I received many during Obama's time and some were out and out lies.

I received this today. I am printing only a small portion, but as one can figure it is comparing the 'gifts' to illegals to old people on SS who worked 50-60 years paying taxes and SS. I read similar from an ER Doctor in Texas years ago.

How do I know if this is true??

I AM AN ER DOCTOR IN FLORIDA, Today I had a 25-year old with 8 kids - that's right 8, all Illegal Anchor Babies and she had the nicest nails, cell phone, handbag, clothing, etc. She makes about $1,500 monthly for EACH; you do the math. I used to say, "We are the dumbest nation on earth," Now I must say and sadly admit: WE are the dumbest people on earth (that includes ME) For we Elected the Idiot Ideologues who have passed the Bills that allow this.
So, today there are 8000 new Democrats at the Mexico border waiting for Nancy to let them in! Well, we helped her to win back the gavel right?

i received something like this from a very educated person once who clarified it by saying, "I don't know if this is true or not, but I believe it."

Coming from the most educated person I actually know, a grad from very good colleges, I thought the statement was IGNORANT and beneath him... Confused Confused Confused Confused
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
11/26/18 9:30 am

Post Dave Dorsey
It can't be verified. IMO, your friend's conclusion is very foolish! "I don't know if this is true or not, but I believe it!" That makes zero sense. I don't know if it's true or not either, so without evidence, I can't rationally believe it or disbelieve it. [Insert Acts Pun Here]
11/26/18 12:14 pm

Post Quiet Wyatt
From my past experience working in medical records for hospitals, I find it to be a completely unbelievable claim. It is also completely unverifiable. I mean, as if a woman would mention such things to her ER doctor, and as if a doctor would share such details online. Even without stating the name of this likely made-up woman, it would be totally unethical for a doctor to disclose such information about a patient, especially if true. [Insert Acts Pun Here]
11/26/18 12:35 pm

Post Dave Dorsey
We can verify how much welfare pays in different situations and it is most certainly NOT $144,000 per year (8 kids * $1,500 * 12 months).

Cojak, with all due respect to your acquaintance... he/she may be very educated but that doesn't make him/her very bright! Confused
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
11/26/18 1:23 pm

Post Letter on the OP (L) p5harri
https://cdn.factcheck.org/UploadedFiles/Fla_DCF_Letter.pdf
"The maximum benefit for a family with one mother and eight children would be $671 a month. "
11/26/18 1:48 pm

Post Re: Letter on the OP (L) Dave Dorsey
p5harri wrote:
https://cdn.factcheck.org/UploadedFiles/Fla_DCF_Letter.pdf
"The maximum benefit for a family with one mother and eight children would be $671 a month. "

Thanks for the excellent citation p5harri.

So Cojak, with that part of the email proven false -- according to the legal principle that a witness who testifies falsely in one should be considered untrustworthy in all -- I think we can safely discard the entire email as false unless a piece of evidence was raised to prove any part of it true. I think that's ultimately how you can verify something like this, by falsifying a portion of it so the credibility of the rest of it falls apart.
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
11/26/18 2:22 pm

Post Nature Boy Florida
That info is way out of date.

It appears in food assistance alone - that household would qualify for just over 1,000 per month.

Housing assistance would be additional.

https://www.dcf.state.fl.us/programs/access/docs/fafactsheet.pdf
11/26/18 2:44 pm

Post p5harri
Nature Boy Florida wrote:

It appears in food assistance alone - that household would qualify for just over 1,000 per month.

True, but still no where near $1500 per kid per month.
11/26/18 4:38 pm

Post Nature Boy Florida
p5harri wrote:
Nature Boy Florida wrote:

True, but still no where near $1500 per kid per month.

Agreed. That number was crazy.
11/26/18 6:01 pm

Post Cojak
Dave Dorsey wrote:
We can verify how much welfare pays in different situations and it is most certainly NOT $144,000 per year (8 kids * $1,500 * 12 months).

Cojak, with all due respect to your acquaintance... he/she may be very educated but that doesn't make him/her very bright! Confused

As I said DD I thought the comment was ignorant. BUT my bigger point is, all this mis-information sent around muddies the water for honest people. This is only one that I even wanted to verify because it seemed so ridiculous.

Making up lies to make a point is absolutely absurd.

It turns honest people off and the other side gains some. Shocked
11/26/18 6:36 pm

Post Cojak
I want to thank you that commented and gave some information. I knew it sounded wild, just wanted to confirm my suspicions and had no idea of how to do it. Thanks. Yeah, if it is on the internet or in the news it must be true????????? ? Confused
11/26/18 8:53 pm

Post Re: How can this be verified? Link
Cojak wrote:
Since I am conservative and mostly a Republican I get MANY e-mails that are anti-democrat. I received many during Obama's time and some were out and out lies.

I received this today. I am printing only a small portion, but as one can figure it is comparing the 'gifts' to illegals to old people on SS who worked 50-60 years paying taxes and SS. I read similar from an ER Doctor in Texas years ago.

How do I know if this is true??

I AM AN ER DOCTOR IN FLORIDA, Today I had a 25-year old with 8 kids - that's right 8, all Illegal Anchor Babies and she had the nicest nails, cell phone, handbag, clothing, etc. She makes about $1,500 monthly for EACH; you do the math. I used to say, "We are the dumbest nation on earth," Now I must say and sadly admit: WE are the dumbest people on earth (that includes ME) For we Elected the Idiot Ideologues who have passed the Bills that allow this.
So, today there are 8000 new Democrats at the Mexico border waiting for Nancy to let them in! Well, we helped her to win back the gavel right?

i received something like this from a very educated person once who clarified it by saying, "I don't know if this is true or not, but I believe it."

Coming from the most educated person I actually know, a grad from very good colleges, I thought the statement was IGNORANT and beneath him... Confused Confused Confused Confused

Call the welfare office and ask if it is possible to get $1500 per kid. Is it welfare she is getting or some kind of money for foster care of special needs kids?
11/27/18 11:48 pm

Post Read and understand .. Rafael D Martinez
https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/refugees-paid-retirees/

.. Hateful people kiting the facts to advance their hysteria are a dime a dozen on the internet when it comes to the nexus where money, immigration, welfare and claimed Doctoral Authority converge.

Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth? Galatians 4:16

These are trying times. Everyone's trying something and getting caught. The Church Lady, 1987
Acts-dicted
11/28/18 12:46 pm

Post Re: Read and understand .. Cojak
Rafael D Martinez wrote:
https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/refugees-paid-retirees/

.. Hateful people kiting the facts to advance their hysteria are a dime a dozen on the internet when it comes to the nexus where money, immigration, welfare and claimed Doctoral Authority converge.

Thanks Raf!
11/28/18 11:19 pm

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic