Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

COG gun violence resolution,

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post COG gun violence resolution, COG Watcher
What does it really say? Does the new resolution just condemn gun violence or is it telling our churches that we should not have armed safety/security teams at our churches?

Last edited by COG Watcher on 11/15/18 12:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
Hey, DOC
11/13/18 10:31 pm

Post Re: Gun violence resolution, UncleJD
COG Watcher wrote:
What does it really say? Does the new resolution just condemn gun violence or is it telling our churches that we should not have armed safety/security teams at our churches?

I don't know the answer, but I will tell you that one of the largest Baptist churches here in town have the "gun-free zone" signs all around. I wouldn't sit in there for all the tea in China. Our pastor pointed out the fact that we have around a dozen people carrying on our security staff and that they are all around the campus protecting everyone at all times. No apologies made for it, and no stupid "kill us all please" signs.
Golf Cart Mafia Consigliere
11/14/18 10:52 am

Post Thanks COG Watcher
For the reply. We are currently following up with the COG legal team. Our church feels a lot more secure since our team was formed. Our firearms trainer is a member of the local SWAT team. I’m hoping that it’s more of an ideological statement than a policy. Hey, DOC
11/14/18 11:16 am

Post Update from Cleveland COG Watcher
According to the COG law offices this is simply a statement condemning gun violence. I personally believe that they are covering their backsides and if your team defends your people you’re on your own. I suggest you all update your insurance policies. Hey, DOC
11/23/18 2:34 pm

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic