Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

What goes on internally for you when they get healed v.

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post What goes on internally for you when they get healed v. Link
I have a question. If you pray for someone and they get healed, versus if you pray for someone and they don't get healed-- not instantly at least-- what's going on for you internally?

If you've had that happen, where you pray for someone and they say they are healed, what was it like before? Did you absolutely believe they would be healed? Do you just pray, and they get healed, and you don't really think about it much? Were you trying really hard to muster up some faith? Were you thinking of certain scriptures, visuallizing something or something along those lines?

Does anyone have any personal experiences they'd like to reflect on and share?
11/11/18 9:16 pm

Post Cojak
Very interesting post. Faith is a 'frustrating' (for lack of a better word now) to me. As far as I know, no one was ever miraculously healed when I prayed for them. I did 'TRY' to believe when I prayed.

Now on the receiving side. As I was losing my hearing I would ask for prayer, or get in a 'healing line' and 'strain' to muster faith. It never happened and times I was disappointed.

I was asked once why didn't I just take out my hearing aids and stomp them and accept my healing. I could never see the logic in that. Healing is healing I could have sent the aids back with my healing.

Maybe my 'doubt' came from being a preacher's son and seeing 'healing preachers' come thru the parsonage. During the services crutches and canes were bent and thrown away. One person a victim of Polio bent their braces. ......................... All were replaced and the persimmon tree they were bent around still held a couple until my dad was sent to another church. I always wondered about 'Healing ministries in the 1950s.

I guess that was one reason I did not 'stomp' my hearing aids.

But I hope to read some good stuff on this post, it is very important to our church history..
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
11/11/18 10:53 pm

Post Cojak
some one might have missed this Shocked
11/12/18 8:06 pm

Post Link... Aaron Scott
I am speaking only for myself...and the two or three times this has happened (i.e., a miraculous healing or answer to pray).

I don't know of anything that went on in my PHYSICAL body...but I KNEW--I KNEW!!!--that God had heard and answered.

When I was miraculously healed (only once...so far), I still felt pain in my body, but the pain felt different...not as severe somehow...because I KNEW it was going to go away. I imagine that pain must seem worse when you don't have any hope of it going away, even thinking you might die or have some dread disease.

The best I can tell you is that it is a KNOWING. Not just a hoping, not just a wanting, not just a pleading, but a KNOWING that God has heard and will all will be well.

I'm sure others have other ways of sensing that the work was done, but for me, there is a rock solid assurance.
Hon. Dr. in Acts-celeratology
11/13/18 12:22 pm

Post Quiet Wyatt
I have never had any success (and probably rightly so) with trying to work up my faith for someone to be healed. The times I have seen or personally experienced a miraculous healing, it has generally been just a calm, certain knowing in my heart and mind. Though others’ experience may of course differ from mine, I have never seen anyone healed in a hyped up situation such as a in a healing line. I’m not saying it never could happen that way, but in my mind experience, those kinds of experience only foster the body’s natural painkillers, and the symptoms return fairly soon. [Insert Acts Pun Here]
11/13/18 12:47 pm

Post Aaron and QW Cojak
Thank you guys for stepping in. My dad saw only a FEW possibly 5-6 Miracles in his 50+ yrs ministry. He once told me what a Fire Baptized preacher told him when he was saved back in the early 1900's. "Frank you know when you are huntin' and you think you see a squirrel. Then you stare and stare at a knot or odd shaped limb trying to make a squirrel out'n it but it ain't. But when you see a squirrel you KNOW IT! Ain't no guessing, straining and so on, when its real you just KNOW it." Most squirrel hunters would know exactly what he meant. Then he said, "Faith ain't guessing or straining, YOU WILL KNOW IT."

That is what I am reading in your comments. Daddy said, if you live right and preach right and do a lot of praying, one day you will 'Just KNOW.' But it is not going to happen every day for some reason.

I am still hoping that one day I will just KNOW!
11/13/18 9:01 pm

Post Re: Aaron and QW Link
Cojak wrote:
Thank you guys for stepping in. My dad saw only a FEW possibly 5-6 Miracles in his 50+ yrs ministry. He once told me what a Fire Baptized preacher told him when he was saved back in the early 1900's. "Frank you know when you are huntin' and you think you see a squirrel. Then you stare and stare at a knot or odd shaped limb trying to make a squirrel out'n it but it ain't. But when you see a squirrel you KNOW IT! Ain't no guessing, straining and so on, when its real you just KNOW it." Most squirrel hunters would know exactly what he meant. Then he said, "Faith ain't guessing or straining, YOU WILL KNOW IT."

That is what I am reading in your comments. Daddy said, if you live right and preach right and do a lot of praying, one day you will 'Just KNOW.' But it is not going to happen every day for some reason.

I am still hoping that one day I will just KNOW!

That's a good analogy. I've prayed at times and had a really strong confidence about it. Once was a 7 or so point detailed prayer I prayed about the Lord speaking to my wife when she was moody and hormonal during a prayer about 7 years ago during pregnancy. Still, I was a bit surprised when my wife came to me with this really elaborate story about the Lord speaking to her, and went into quite a bit more detail than I'd prayed about the points on my list.

There was that time I prayed at just before 2 AM for someone else to come around the corner in the next two minutes wearing a certain outfit when I was a young man out with a couple of young men who did street witnessing.

For healing, I've tried to focus my mind on a certain scripture about healing while praying for a woman recently who said her shoulder was healed when I prayed for her. I've also just prayed, trying to believe God a few times and someone was healed, but internally on my end, I don't know if I believed more than at times where people didn't say they were healed.

Maybe I should post a thread asking if anyone has every had the experience of praying for someone and they got healed and ask for the testimony. That could be encouraging and faith building.
11/16/18 7:09 pm

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic