Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

Low-energy Trump skips WW1 cemetary ceremony because of rain (L)
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post Re: pitiful Cojak
[quote="Dave Dorsey"]...
I really did enjoy being called a tree-hugger in a thread about the armed services lol.[/quote]

Shocked Shocked Idea Cool Smile
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
11/12/18 8:03 pm

Post Dave--exactly right. Aaron Scott
Dave Dorsey wrote:
Cojak wrote:
BUT I am afraid if The former president had done the same the headlines would have been much less 'snippy'.

It is a simple observation of mine, it is impossible for Trump to get good press no matter which way he shifts or goes.

That's a very true observation, Cojak. The press would not be picking on this if Obama had done something similar, but now they are trading in the same faux outrage that Republicans loved to trade in under President Obama. There is a gross amount of hypocrisy on both sides.

Now, granted, it MIGHT have indeed been an issue with the helicopter. But since when are our helicopters not able to fly in the rain?

But your point is well taken. I saw Republicans snatch at seemingly ever minor faux pas of Obama, then claim he was a Muslim (via doctored video tapes), claim he was disrespecting the flag, and so forth.

REPUBLICANS HAVE IT COMING FOR THE HATEFUL WAY THEY TREATED THE OBAMAS.

I mean, I can't tell you how many pictures I have seen of Mrs. Obama in some unflattering pose...compared to a serene picture of Melania Trump...and then some question such as: "If you're glad we now have a classy First Lady, press 'like.'"

If we had conducted ourselves honorably with the Obamas, we could rightfully take full umbrage at what the Democrats are doing to Trump. But as it is, both we--AND TRUMP--played hardball...and now the horses are coming home to roost.

At the same time, the news media is so spiteful and hateful toward Trump--and have been since the day he was elected (and before)--that he likely feels he MUST push back.

I have gotten to where I like Piers Morgan. He will absolutely take Trump to task, but Trump like him. Why? Well, beyond the fact that Morgan was on "The Apprentice," Trump also gets a fair shake from Morgan. Yes, Piers will hammer away at this or that...but on the other hand, he will point out the hypocrisy of the left for doing everything they can to hurt Trump, etc.

If the media ever learns to be respectful while disagreeing, they will get a lot more rope with Trump. But when he sees them hammering him for EVERY LITTLE THING, yeah, he's going to fire back.
Hon. Dr. in Acts-celeratology
11/13/18 12:31 pm

Post Nature Boy Florida
Who's we?

Why do ya'll get on Acts and lump all of us in together?

You clowns act like all of us disrespected your precious Obama's - when the fact is most of us didn't.

I don't accuse you guys of believing every bit of PLEASE SELECT ANOTHER WORD coming out of MSNBC or SNL - so why do you lump us all in together?

Trump's flight to the memorial was canceled by the secret service. Big deal. He went to other memorials.

So far he hasn't bowed down to any Muslim clerics - or wussed down to the French President - and I will bet most military folks are happy about that.
11/13/18 1:29 pm

Post Dave Dorsey
Nature Boy Florida wrote:
Trump's flight to the memorial was canceled by the secret service. Big deal. He went to other memorials.

So far he hasn't bowed down to any Muslim clerics - or wussed down to the French President - and I will bet most military folks are happy about that.

Thanks NBF. Could not have asked for a clearer illustration of the exact thing I've been talking about in this thread.
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
11/13/18 3:28 pm

Post Dave Dorsey

Also NBF, hate to spike the ball, but you just make it too easy.

[Insert Acts Pun Here]
11/13/18 6:43 pm

Post Cojak
It is a sneaky way to keep from touching the other guys filthy hand! I liked that. Or a salute to some civilians is like a hand shake.

And then, if that don't work I will yell Liar, Photoshopped! I checked and it has been unlayered and relieved before repressed with strange figures.

Just saying. And besides DD 'At ain't got no business on no religions forum!'

Besides it ain't fair nor the same, cause we are trying to tame this 'shrewed' group! Cool Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile

But you still only get 2 points! Shocked YOu are still behind. Wink
11/13/18 7:23 pm

Post Dave Dorsey
Cojak wrote:
But you still only get 2 points! Shocked YOu are still behind. Wink

Laughing Laughing Laughing
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
11/13/18 7:50 pm

Post Nature Boy Florida
Dave Dorsey wrote:

Also NBF, hate to spike the ball, but you just make it too easy.

I don't see any French or Muslims in the picture.

So you are like LSU spiking the ball after losing to Alabama. Maybe it makes you feel good - but being wrong again is your specialty.
11/14/18 7:44 am

Post Dave Dorsey
I don't see any French or Muslims in the picture.

If you're looking for French people in particular, you can find them at the Veteran's Day ceremony at Arlington National Cemetery that Trump blew off:
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/trump-pence-miss-veterans-day-observance-at-arlington-cemetery

The French government attended and honored our soldiers by laying a wreath at the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier:
https://twitter.com/franceintheus/status/1062066314448117760

I'll look forward to your next "zinger" perfectly illustrating the rank hypocrisy I've been talking about in this thread.
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
11/14/18 9:04 am

Post Nature Boy Florida
No need.

Your trash talking of the President stands as it's own monument. You can lay your own wreaths there.
11/14/18 9:47 am

Post Dave Dorsey
Sorry NBF, it's not trash talking to point out how Trump disregards our troops and veterans.

There was a time people like you pretended to care about that, but apparently you only care about it when some people do it -- which was the whole point of this thread.
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
11/14/18 10:20 am

Post UncleJD
I'm glad he didn't shake his hand. NK handshakes are lethal. Golf Cart Mafia Consigliere
11/14/18 10:48 am

Post Dave Dorsey
UncleJD wrote:
I'm glad he didn't shake his hand. NK handshakes are lethal.

Laughing

Good point!

I can think of a gesture or two I would have preferred to a salute, but, point taken nonetheless. Laughing
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
11/14/18 10:56 am

Post UncleJD
Dave Dorsey wrote:
UncleJD wrote:
I'm glad he didn't shake his hand. NK handshakes are lethal.

Laughing

Good point!

I can think of a gesture or two I would have preferred to a salute, but, point taken nonetheless. Laughing

True, I would rather him have done a spin-move and finger-point LOL
Golf Cart Mafia Consigliere
11/14/18 11:03 am

Post Nature Boy Florida
Dave Dorsey wrote:
Sorry NBF, it's not trash talking to point out how Trump disregards our troops and veterans.

There was a time people like you pretended to care about that, but apparently you only care about it when some people do it -- which was the whole point of this thread.

Again - another accusation - with no proof.

Go find the post where NBF criticized Obama for missing a ceremony.

You will have a much easier time finding a Dave Dorsey post criticizing the current President. That much I can tell you.
11/14/18 4:46 pm

Post Resident Skeptic
Quote:
"In a story Nov. 10 about President Donald Trump canceling a planned visit to a cemetery for Americans killed in World War I, The Associated Press reported that the Secret Service determines when it's safe to fly Marine One, the president's helicopter. The story should have made clear that the Marine Corps and White House Military Office make the determination to ground the president's helicopter due to bad weather. The military office then presents the recommendation to the White House in collaboration with the Secret Service."

https://abcnews.go.com/International/wireStory/trump-visit-us-cemetery-france-canceled-due-rain-59110258?cid=share_facebook_widget&fbclid=IwAR1ULa07QSQAYIqJpFkxuzKolvVe6e6hGr2IaIwmhR0g7vYbFay78yitslE
11/15/18 6:08 am

Post Dave Dorsey
Resident Skeptic wrote:
https://abcnews.go.com/International/wireStory/trump-visit-us-cemetery-france-canceled-due-rain-59110258?cid=share_facebook_widget&fbclid=IwAR1ULa07QSQAYIqJpFkxuzKolvVe6e6hGr2IaIwmhR0g7vYbFay78yitslE

Correct. Several people have been defending Trump on the basis that the Secret Service said he couldn't go and he didn't have a choice otherwise, which is obviously not accurate. The WHMO made the determination about the helicopter. Trump was then presented with motorcade options which were challenging given the distance, but certainly possible, and he declined to attend. Several other world leaders also staying in Paris did not have any challenges getting there.

It's evident that Trump could have gone and chose not to, because he is now upset at his staff for not properly advising him that skipping it would become a PR nightmare:

Quote:
Trump told aides he thought he looked “terrible” and blamed his chief of staff’s office, and Fuentes in particular, for not counseling him that skipping the cemetery visit would be a public-relations nightmare.

https://www.seattletimes.com/nation-world/nation-politics/days-of-fury-inside-trumps-paris-temper-election-woes-and-staff-upheaval/
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
11/15/18 7:19 am

Post Cojak
What amazes me most about this ongoing story. Maybe not most but still amazes me. In today's world the 'LEAKS' from private meetings, statements made in confidence or just 'personal to someone,' over heard by others gets headlines. It seems to be 'from a source who was not authorized to speak' BUT BUT BUT do speak anyway! WE would never have won WWII had the same attitude been prevalent in the news.

If the news then was the same as today the news papers and radio would have announced D DAY, day and time, days before the landing and it would have been even more of a slaughter. Just saying.

Saying that integrity of underlings has hit the bottom.

AND YES!! YES!! I know many leaks are intentional, but not all..... I am getting a little tired of 'unnamed sources'. They become facts.

And I know this has little to do with Trumps failure here, and it was a failure. BUT it fits in with the rest of the new coverage of this administration. IT MUST BE ILLEGAL TO SAY ANYTHING GOOD in the news.....
11/15/18 9:46 am

Post Dave Dorsey
Cojak wrote:
What amazes me most about this ongoing story. Maybe not most but still amazes me. In today's world the 'LEAKS' from private meetings, statements made in confidence or just 'personal to someone,' over heard by others gets headlines. It seems to be 'from a source who was not authorized to speak' BUT BUT BUT do speak anyway! WE would never have won WWII had the same attitude been prevalent in the news.

If the news then was the same as today the news papers and radio would have announced D DAY, day and time, days before the landing and it would have been even more of a slaughter. Just saying.

Cojak, I agree with you about leaks in general. It is amazing how disloyal some people can be.

With that said, I think it's important to separate that sort of bureaucratic policy leaking from leaks concerning our military and intelligence. We have been fighting a war for 17 years, almost three times the length of WW2, in the most connected information society the world has ever known, and have not had problems with leaks. No one knew the Bin Laden raid was coming, for example, and no one has known the movements of our warfighters in other high-profile campaigns throughout Operation Enduring Freedom and Operation Iraqi Freedom.

Yes, there have been some very high profile leaks, such as with Manning and Snowden. But that is the case in any era of our history. So far as day to day OPSEC goes, it seems our military and intelligence forces continue to function very well.
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
11/15/18 10:03 am

Post Cojak
Dave Dorsey wrote:
Cojak, I agree with you about leaks in general. It is amazing how disloyal some people can be.

YOu are right about the military intelligence in the most part. I guess my frustration is, as you point out, DISLOYALTY. It just amazes me how administrations in the past, and presidents with secrets, in particular, made it through sometimes two terms and not a HINT of impropriety FROM THE INNER CIRCLES.
11/15/18 11:38 pm

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic