Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

I will be STUNNED if the Republicans pull it out....

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post I will be STUNNED if the Republicans pull it out.... Aaron Scott
I am for the Republicans, but while I can understand how Trump dodged their radar to take the White House, I cannot imagine that the press has not now learned that they had better ask better questions, etc. if they are going to predict an election's outcome.

Of course, it could be a concerted effort to make everyone think it is a foregone conclusion--perhaps to dishearten the right. But if they are wrong AGAIN, they will have a very hard time living down them being called "fake news," because they will be.

I would imagine that a few that seemed to be tilting Democrat will actually turn out to be Republican. But I doubt many will go the other direction.

In any case, if it's not the tidal wave that is being predicted, the press will once again lose face.
Hon. Dr. in Acts-celeratology
11/5/18 12:15 pm

Post UncleJD
I'm cautiously optimistic. I think its likely the House is lost, but not guaranteed. I seem to remember an 90% chance of Hillary winning and only a few polls showing Trump. Its the same thing right now, and there are several outlier polls showing the Republicans are ahead.

I believe we WILL retain the Senate. And if that happens, its a failure for the democrats. Sure we won't get much legislation passed, but we won't get everything achieved take away either! Their only move will be to try to embroil the President in an impeachment battle, that they know will go nowhere.

If we retain the Senate, then I pray that the same pace of appointing conservative judges continues. In fact, I believe that Trump should attempt to pack the courts. not that I want that to succeed, I want it to fail, decidedly fail, so that if/when the dems take the presidency, it will already be impossible to do it themselves.

If we lose both houses, then things will get bad for everyone, especially the economy. Sell your stocks and buy gold.

Edit - I just noticed that RCP has a new congressional approval poll dated 11/9 (yep, 3 days after the election). I bet its not there once they realize they let it out early. Fake
Golf Cart Mafia Consigliere
11/5/18 1:49 pm

Post renewal
For me, I still believe God is in control. And we can trust him.. Acts Enthusiast
11/5/18 3:16 pm

Post Cojak
Of course I am hoping, but I remember saying when Obama was elected and re-elected This country will make it. We are not down the tubes, this is a great country, and we will survive!

I start smiling at the 'conspiracy theories' that will develop if the GOP does not come out on top! Embarassed Smile

Many candidates are their worst enemy. And Truthfully, I think the country is getting tired of The president's 'cute' name calling. He has done a great job on the economy, unemployment and trade negotiations but they are over shadowed by 'juvenile name calling', and he can't help the runners too much while campaigning for himself. just my opinions. Crying or Very sad

But I do hope for many wins, especially in Florida! Cool
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
11/5/18 10:04 pm

Post Resident Skeptic
If they already this worried in California this early, then the Dems might be in trouble...

They are sounding the alarm for more Democrat voters to get to the polls.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A9q2kTTeWHA
11/6/18 12:25 pm

Post Nature Boy Florida
Fla Republicans are energized more than even 2 years ago.

100,000 Puerto Ricans(who were citizens of the U.S. before they became displaced by the hurricane and all have the right to vote) in Orlando area will determine outcome.

Trump needs 30-35% of them.
If you believe the media - he will get 2% of them.
In that case - game over.
11/6/18 1:04 pm

Post UncleJD
I read a thoughtful article in the NYP on why the polls are still just as flawed as 2016. Mostly due to the fact that they are largely made up of voluntary polling online where they say more Democrats than Republicans like to participate. In other words, the polls don't account accurately for those who don't like polls. I'm very cautiously optimistic that the GOP will keep the Senate. I doubt they can keep the house, but I won't be shocked if the polls were way off again like 2016 and we end up doing it. Golf Cart Mafia Consigliere
11/6/18 1:12 pm

Post Dave Dorsey
UncleJD wrote:
I read a thoughtful article in the NYP on why the polls are still just as flawed as 2016. Mostly due to the fact that they are largely made up of voluntary polling online where they say more Democrats than Republicans like to participate. In other words, the polls don't account accurately for those who don't like polls. I'm very cautiously optimistic that the GOP will keep the Senate. I doubt they can keep the house, but I won't be shocked if the polls were way off again like 2016 and we end up doing it.

The polls are saying the GOP will keep the Senate. Nate Silver's model gives them a 5 in 6 chance of doing so.
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
11/6/18 1:16 pm

Post Resident Skeptic
Nature Boy Florida wrote:
Fla Republicans are energized more than even 2 years ago.

100,000 Puerto Ricans(who were citizens of the U.S. before they became displaced by the hurricane and all have the right to vote) in Orlando area will determine outcome.

Trump needs 30-35% of them.
If you believe the media - he will get 2% of them.
In that case - game over.

I do not believe the media.
11/6/18 1:53 pm

Post Cojak
If the GOP loses it will because they did not get out to vote.

I knew I would hear it from some friends. I just received this from a friend who loves conspiracy. "We are losing because of the Dem's ACE in the hole, VOTER FRAUD!"

I do not believe that, but I do not know. I know there s voter fraud, there has always been. But from what I have read most of the fraud is in areas that would have went with the FRAUD with or without it.

HOWEVER we will know more in just a few hours. I do home Desantis & Scott makes it in Florida! Cool
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
11/6/18 2:49 pm

Post UncleJD
Cojak wrote:
If the GOP loses it will because they did not get out to vote.

I knew I would hear it from some friends. I just received this from a friend who loves conspiracy. "We are losing because of the Dem's ACE in the hole, VOTER FRAUD!"

I do not believe that, but I do not know. I know there s voter fraud, there has always been. But from what I have read most of the fraud is in areas that would have went with the FRAUD with or without it.

HOWEVER we will know more in just a few hours. I do home Desantis & Scott makes it in Florida! Cool

You're right. If dems win its "voter fraud", if repubs win, its "racism and nazis". Same ole, same ole. However, when I watched this weeks' Trump rallies and see the massive crowds compared to the handfuls at the Obama rallies, I have to admit the conspiracy theorists are going to have a lot of ammunition if the dems win.
11/6/18 3:24 pm

Post FLRon
With the Dems winning back the House,with it comes the power to subpoena so will this mean an all out assault on the President? Will they go after his tax records and other things they've wanted? About to get heated!
11/6/18 10:32 pm

Post Resident Skeptic
FLRon wrote:
With the Dems winning back the House,with it comes the power to subpoena so will this mean an all out assault on the President? Will they go after his tax records and other things they've wanted? About to get heated!

I don't see what more seats can be flipped out west. Watch then fall short.
11/7/18 12:15 am

Post Nature Boy Florida
Here's the biggest non surprise the night.

News polls wrong again. Congrats.

Gillum and Nelson had 7 point leads in most polls.
4 point leads in the conservative ones.
No one had Republicans up in those races in FLorida.

How is that possible if they are being honest?
11/7/18 8:10 am

Post Quiet Wyatt
Could be their methodology was flawed. Generally speaking, nobody likes to be wrong, do they, especially on something that will soon enough be made public? [Insert Acts Pun Here]
11/7/18 8:34 am

Post UncleJD
FLRon wrote:

If dems are smart (they aren't), they will take the high road. Since they aren't smart, they will attack and obstruct for 2 years which will deliver a victory to Donald Trump and the Republicans in 2 years, because despite the dems efforts, the economy will prosper and the threat of reversal of the economy will put Trump back in the whitehouse and likely move the House back to the right. The 54 seat Senate majority will be unassailable in 2020 (that comes from CNN analysis last night)
11/7/18 9:27 am

Post Uncle JD... Aaron Scott
UncleJD wrote:
FLRon wrote:

If dems are smart (they aren't), they will take the high road. Since they aren't smart, they will attack and obstruct for 2 years which will deliver a victory to Donald Trump and the Republicans in 2 years, because despite the dems efforts, the economy will prosper and the threat of reversal of the economy will put Trump back in the whitehouse and likely move the House back to the right. The 54 seat Senate majority will be unassailable in 2020 (that comes from CNN analysis last night)

When I see your avatar, it looks like someone who knows what they're talking about.

But then I remember that that's an avatar...and now I'm worried.
Hon. Dr. in Acts-celeratology
11/7/18 11:59 am

Post Re: Uncle JD... UncleJD
Aaron Scott wrote:
UncleJD wrote:
FLRon wrote:

When I see your avatar, it looks like someone who knows what they're talking about.

But then I remember that that's an avatar...and now I'm worried.

Not sure what you mean, but they said there are only 3 GOP seats up for election on the next cycle in 2020, which means, with 54, they should retain a majority even if they lose all 3 of those.

On the "obstructionist" part, Trump said this morning (after I'd written this), when asked how he would pass any middle-class tax cuts with democrats in power in the House "That's on them!" he replied, and that, in a nutshell, is what I mean.
11/7/18 2:14 pm

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic