Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

The political platforms are clearly defined...I cannot vote for a single

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post The political platforms are clearly defined...I cannot vote for a single caseyleejones
democrat in good conscience. I come from a very traditional democrat family but I always voted more conservative. To me, it's clear cut. Sure, I don't agree with some of Trumps actions...but it's the platform. Acts-perienced Poster
11/4/18 9:39 am

Post Eddie Robbins
I am in agreement with one caveat. The GOP platform means nothing. When they have the president and full control of Congress, they still spend like money is going out of style and they do nothing about abortion. It’s all a big farce. So, I can’t vote for either party. I will take into consideration a person but not a party. Everyone has to work it out for themselves and go wth you feel is the best way. God help us! Acts-pert Poster
11/4/18 12:10 pm

Post I agree with you....I think going 3rd party is an option... caseyleejones
but I just cannot embrace that platform.... Acts-perienced Poster
11/4/18 6:42 pm

Post Re: I agree with you....I think going 3rd party is an option... Eddie Robbins
caseyleejones wrote:
but I just cannot embrace that platform....

What platform? There are many thrid parties.
Acts-pert Poster
11/5/18 8:29 am

Post Before You Abstain or Throw Your Vote Away... FG Minister
I don't like Trump as a person. I think he is detestable. And I don't like how the Republican party squanders its power. But here is where I land - I will vote Republican for four reasons: Abortion, Same Sex Marriage, Transgenderism, and Israel.

I am a pragmatist. I would rather vote for a party that will at least protect my Biblical values. I don't like probably 15% of what the Republicans stand for, but I don't like about 95% of the things democrats stand for. If I vote third party in a tight race, I just voted for the democrat agenda. I'd rather get something out of my vote than get nothing. Guys - don't throw your vote away - get something out of it. We will never agree with a man or a party 100% of the time. I can't even achieve that with my wife!
Acts-celerater
11/5/18 8:51 am

Post UncleJD
All issues pale in comparison to the Supreme Court. The detestable conduct of an entire party and their willingness to lie and collude with prostitutes and opportunists in order to thwart a supremely qualified conservative appointee should be enough to not only vote against Democrats, but in THIS round of elections, should be enough to vote for their opposites just to keep them out of power. I can unerstand anger with the GOP, I share a lot of it. But during this debacle, I watched one of the most milk-toast, enablers of the GOP RINO division, Lindsey Graham, step up and become a leader when he finally saw how disgusting and evil the Democratic party has become.

If they get power this time, the doers in this country (those that work for a living and pay the taxes), along with Christians, will be attacked via legislation like never before.
Golf Cart Mafia Consigliere
11/5/18 9:13 am

Post Brandon Bowers
I line up mostly with Libertarians, but their success is very limited. They do ok in more localized elections, and if there were some here to vote for, I would.

But overall, I'm with you. I can't vote Democrat, but the Republicans are far from being conservative.
11/5/18 9:28 am

Post Cojak
Brandon Bowers wrote:
I line up mostly with Libertarians, but their success is very limited. They do ok in more localized elections, and if there were some here to vote for, I would.

But overall, I'm with you. I can't vote Democrat, but the Republicans are far from being conservative.

You express my feelings well my friend, I agree. Thumb Up
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
11/5/18 10:27 am

Post Link
Brandon Bowers wrote:

Aren't libertarians usually cool with keeping certain forms of baby-killing legal?
11/5/18 12:25 pm

Post UncleJD
Link wrote:
Brandon Bowers wrote:

Aren't libertarians usually cool with keeping certain forms of baby-killing legal?

Some are, some aren't. Ron Paul, the icon of the libertarian movement is fiercely pro-life.

But sadly, you're right that the pro-choice side has gained too much power in that party for my liking, or I would be supportive myself.

I would point out that true libertarians (lower case "l"), even the pro-abortion ones, are against tax funding of abortion in any way.

It is the only political movement in which everyone could get along, in my opinion.
Golf Cart Mafia Consigliere
11/5/18 1:43 pm

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic