Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

Some thoughts about the anointing...

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post Some thoughts about the anointing... Aaron Scott
Some thoughts that you might help me with? I'd appreciate your insights and critiques.

While the term "anointing" can be used in multiple ways, in our Pentecostal vernacular, we mean something along the lines of what Jesus meant when He said "The Lord has anointed Me...."

While the anointing can be hard to formally articulate, it means (for us) something along the lines of the recognizable presence of the Lord upon the words/actions of someone. It is the awareness that God is acting. (Again, this is based on our particular Pentecostal notion of what the anointing means.)

The anointing makes you relevant in ANY situation, culture, sub-culture, etc. If someone is, say, anointed to sing, then even if they are Red Back Hymnal types, the anointing can bridge the divide between them and urban/hip-hop culture. Of course, IDEALLY, a singer would not only sing hip-hop style, but would also be anointed. Recall that the disciples were able to communicate to all on the Day of Pentecost through the power of the Holy Ghost.

There is no substitute for the anointing. This doesn't mean that churches done' try to substitute things for the anointing. But the anointing is what makes SPIRITUAL impact. While great music, talent, lights, charisma, etc. can make emotional or intellectual impact, these things alone do not impact the spiritual universe--they cannot usher in healing, repel demons, etc.

I got to thinking on this the other day when I was writing how it is not necessary for a Worship Leader to align his musical theme with the pastor's sermon. Yes, it's certainly nice to do that. But if the music is anointed, then it doesn't matter if the singing is about heaven and the sermon is about hell. The anointing will open the hearts to receive (I am assuming that the preaching is also anointed). In a nutshell, the anointing breaks through all the barriers that might otherwise negatively affect a service.
Hon. Dr. in Acts-celeratology
10/29/18 7:51 am

Post My opinion? roughridercog
I think when we refer to "anointing" we might be more accurate to refer to it as "unction."
10/29/18 8:30 am

Post Re: Some thoughts about the anointing... Cojak
Aaron Scott wrote:
Some thoughts that you might help me with? I'd appreciate your insights and critiques.

I got to thinking on this the other day when I was writing how it is not necessary for a Worship Leader to align his musical theme with the pastor's sermon. Yes, it's certainly nice to do that. But if the music is anointed, then it doesn't matter if the singing is about heaven and the sermon is about hell. The anointing will open the hearts to receive (I am assuming that the preaching is also anointed). In a nutshell, the anointing breaks through all the barriers that might otherwise negatively affect a service.

I can remember back when we only had a pastor and 'Choir Leader'. The pastor announced at the beginning of the service, "Anyone who wants to sing in the choir, come on up." The choir would fill with singers and would be singers. To be quite honest many of those choirs were better than the 'professionals of today'.

Anyway I remember the choir leader selecting songs and many times they did coincide with the pastor's message.

I cannot explain the difference in 'happy, blessed thrilled' and anointed,' but those choirs were so 'entertaining' or 'anointed' that our churches had as many people at times outside listening and enjoying the singing as inside.

Early, and even many today, consider a preacher anointed if he is moving around a lot, raising his voice and shouting some. I have seen that done under what I my spirit just 'knew' was anointing, and at times by men who were excited in their own right.

I looked up anointing and unction. Lot of definitions there. Shocked
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
10/29/18 11:10 am

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic