Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate
Browse by what's: hot | new | rising | top of the week

How about having accapella Sunday?

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post How about having accapella Sunday? roughridercog
No instruments whatsoever. Just people's voices singing. How do you think that would go over. Laughing
10/22/18 11:08 am

Post Re: How about having accapella Sunday? Dave Dorsey
roughridercog wrote:
No instruments whatsoever. Just people's voices singing. How do you think that would go over. Laughing

I think it'd be a hit. The best part of corporate worship is being able to hear the singing of God's saints all around you. I would personally prefer it with instruments most Sundays, but an acapella Sunday would be very nice now and then.
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
10/22/18 11:11 am

Post Quiet Wyatt
As a pastor of small churches, I have had several occasions where a capella was all we had. Having at least few good strong singers helps a whole lot. 🤓 [Insert Acts Pun Here]
10/22/18 12:19 pm

Post Cojak
I think it would be great. We have been in the position QW mentioned, with one lady with a gift from God leading the singing it was marvelous.

A couple years ago (MY first ever), I attended a Church of Christ in Okee. Funny, I did not notice nor miss the instruments. It was a great experience.

In the next week or so I plan to attend the local Catholic church. My wife is afraid she will do something wrong, LOL I told her she won't be the first Protestant to attend, we will play it by ear.

I was aboard ship with one of the church leaders, I only knew him as 'Ski', probably most of the former military guys aboard here knew a 'Ski'. This was DS2 Malanowski, a great kid. I was a seaman at the time but 10years older than Ski. For you military types, I had 8 years as an E3 and below.

Imma check out the music at the Catholic church. Not meaning to hijack. I still think the accapella Sunday is a great idea.
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
10/22/18 8:15 pm

Post Preacher777
Our keyboard player was very sick for a period of time so we did acapella worship. We were so blessed to see people apply teaching they receive about individual and corporate worship. People need to be taught that our individual worship is to God and not following a person's God given musical talent. Often we share that our personal worship in a corporate setting should not stop between songs as our connection and focus is on God, not one who plays an instrument. let our

I regularly remind our congregation that I don't know everything but if they are dependent upon a worship team to get in the Spirit and praise God they will be in bad shape the rest of Sunday and throughout the week. If that is the case I don't want to be responsible before God for his or her shallow Christianity.
Friendly Face
10/23/18 9:48 am

Post Re: How about having accapella Sunday? Link
roughridercog wrote:

I've been around music that is so loud that they play while someone's speaking, and sometimes you can't hear it, or can't hear the translation (bi-lingual ministry), so I'd actually like acapella for a change.

I don't like when music blasts while people are prophesying, either.
10/23/18 8:25 pm

Post I vote no Dunamis007
If you want to have a special song or maybe 1 song if you have some outstanding soloists perhaps. But, most singers aren't good enough for one and most congregations would not be happy if the whole worship service was sans music.

Our worship service lasts 45 min with 12 musicians but i would not want that whole time acappella. Just my 2 cents.
10/23/18 8:40 pm

Post FLRon
Once a month might be nice. After people started focusing on the message of the song instead of the music/beat, who knows?
10/23/18 10:19 pm

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic