Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

Significant Names Missing From State Boards

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post Significant Names Missing From State Boards MrSippi
I was just looking at reports from various state ministers meetings and was blown away by some obvious omissions on some state boards! I’m thinking, how in the world do you have this caliber of leadership among you and they not get elected to ANY state board? It is really crazy to me!

Here are the obvious omissions to me. They were unbelievably not elected to any state boards in their respective states:

Alabama
Travis Johnson
David Smith
(They pastor 2 of the top 4 churches in the state and are respected throughout the COG as top leaders)

Western North Carolina
Loran Livingston
(Serves on the executive council and pastors the largest congregation in the US)

North Georgia
David Cooper
(Pastors the largest church in the largest state)

Tennessee
Shannon Chapman
Jason Daughdrill
(Two incredible young leaders who pastor two of the fastest growing churches in the COG)

These guys are all top shelf leaders who are loyal to the COG. I am just blown away as to how guys like this (there are others), who are so respected internationally, don’t get the votes in their states. It’s just crazy!
Friendly Face
10/18/18 10:15 am

Post Travis Johnson
I enjoyed serving on the Florida State Council. And, serving on the Executive Council is a high privilege, both have been. Quite honestly, it takes my breath away...very humbling for so many reasons.

This year's ministers meeting in Alabama was the first Ministers Meeting in Alabama I've attended. I really enjoyed it. I've enjoyed Prayer Conference and Camp Meeting in Alabama. In fact, attending Camp Meeting up at Metro with my dad last summer was one of the most special days of my life. My dad worked so hard to get there. Pastors came by and honored him with words and love...it was beautiful...beyond beautiful. I'll never forget it.

There are some wonderful and able leaders in Alabama...really an abundance of competent people who love Jesus and love the COG and are trusted by their peers. Thankful to be a part of this special place/people and thankful for people who do take regular time away from their local ministry to serve in that capacity...praying for them and very thankful for them...and personally don't feel slighted or stiff armed. Thankful.
Acts-dicted
10/18/18 10:37 am

Post Tenured? Azuza 100
Most states do not allow an individual that has completed four years on the council to be eligible. Could this be the case with some of those that you mentioned? Member
10/18/18 2:27 pm

Post georgiapath
Maybe they don't want to be elected, it's probably a lot of work and may not be woprth it. Acts-dicted
10/18/18 3:35 pm

Post Nature Boy Florida
Or - maybe the same old same old gets elected again - rotating from one board to another - and with the same folks - the same results will occur ad infinitum.

Just a thought.

I could be way off base here. Twisted Evil
10/18/18 4:10 pm

Post Cojak
Many good men opt-out for reasons a plenty. A pastor can surely handle only so many extra curricular activities, if his plate is full. it is better for someone else to sit on a board. But, BUT in some cases it is as NBF has noted, a revolving door. Shocked
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
10/24/18 11:34 pm

Post MrSippi
I don’t know the reasoning behind it. I just know it is a shame when we chose to elect popular politicians over proven leaders. It happens a lot in our movement at every level and I am afraid that it is catching up with us. Friendly Face
10/26/18 5:46 pm

Post Cojak
MrSippi wrote:
I don’t know the reasoning behind it. I just know it is a shame when we chose to elect popular politicians over proven leaders. It happens a lot in our movement at every level and I am afraid that it is catching up with us.

I will give you that one, but I think it has been true MORE in the past. Embarassed
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
10/26/18 8:48 pm

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic