Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

Fornication kills (UPDATE !!)
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post Resident Skeptic
I have neglected to post an update.

While in a coma, Allyson had a dream. In this dream a doctor, clad in the standard white garb, came into her room and woke her up saying, "What are you doing here? You do not belong here. There is nothing wrong with you. Leave now !"

Allyson woke up from her coma at that moment. Looking around and seeing nobody in the room, she remembered the dream. The sense of urgency portrayed by the doctor in the dream drove her to start disconnecting wires and gadgets, setting off alarms. A swarm of nurses convened in her room and were astonished to see her awake and alert.

To the doctors; astonishment, organ function was returning to normal. Three days later Allyson was sent home and is expected to be fine.
11/2/18 8:05 am

Post p5harri
That's incredible and amazing. Wonderful news.
What a wonderful God we serve.
11/2/18 8:12 am

Post Dave Dorsey
Praise the Lord! His mercy is new each morning. [Insert Acts Pun Here]
11/2/18 8:13 am

Post Preacher777
Great news about our healing Jesus! Friendly Face
11/3/18 2:12 pm

Post Preacher777
Great news about our healing Jesus! Friendly Face
11/3/18 2:21 pm

Post Link
Nature Boy Florida wrote:
Quiet Wyatt wrote:
Resident Skeptic wrote:
Quiet Wyatt wrote:
I will pray as well. Sounds to me as if inept medical care is the biggest factor in this tragic story. But yeah, if she would have stayed true to the Lord Jesus, none of this would have happened. Many of us, very much including myself, can identify with these words of David:

Psalm 25:7Remember not the sins of my youth, nor my transgressions: according to thy mercy remember thou me for thy goodness' sake, O LORD.
8Good and upright is the LORD: therefore will he teach sinners in the way.

Amen. Great post, very appropriate.

The more I read Acts 15, the more I understand why the Gentiles were told that "if you obstain from fornication, you do well". Even back then it was an easily besetting sin.

It seems clear that the original command and divine design was for us to be fruitful and multiply, and God ensured that would happen by placing the “urge to merge” inside of us. The problem is, we often aren’t very wise as to how we act upon such natural, God-given desires, and we end up really making a mess of our lives, our family’s life, and so forth. I was just talking to our 15-year-old daughter, Chloe, a few days ago. She couldn’t believe I didn’t agree with her assertion that she should be allowed to have a boyfriend and go on dates alone with a boy when she turns 16. She said, “So basically, you don’t trust me?!?” I said, “I don’t trust anybody in that scenario, not even myself! It all starts with kissing!”

I pray, “Dear Lord help us” more and more these days, now that our oldest is a teenager.

Haha - I feel your pain.

My daughter is 17.

She is not allowed to go on dates until she is 18.

She has lots of friends that are boys - even has a boy that has patiently waited on her for a date since they were 6 years old.(I did let them go on a group date to the prom last year.)

She has never challenged me on it...I probably would give in if she did...as she has always been the perfect child. I've never had to discipline her ever.

But - I was a teenage boy once. I know what they think about - even the good Christian ones. Yikes.

I am glad I am not alone on this one. I tell all my kids, male and female, no dating until they are old enough to marry-- or at least a year or so shy of being old enough to get married.

What is the point, really? Our culture is all messed up with 10-year-olds 'going out' with someone for reasons of social status, to be in a relationship, etc. Disney has kids shows with little kids kissing and dating each other. Now they've started promoting homosexual relationships with the little kids in their shows. It's really sick. But why should they have shows with 12-year-olds going out anyway? Maybe interest starts that young, but it's not feasible to marry at that age, so why awaken love before the proper time?

Schools also promote this sort of thing with dances and dating.

I'm not against courtship rituals, but it makes no sense to start them 10 years before the kids will get married. Why do they have to break up with a bunch of people before finding someone they could potentially marry?

I'm for parental involvement in kids getting married to. This was part of a message from 'the LORD God of hosts' to Israel in Jeremiah 29

Quote:
6 Take wives and have sons and daughters; take wives for your sons, and give your daughters in marriage, that they may bear sons and daughters; multiply there, and do not decrease.

(ESV)

There it is, parents matching the kids up. I'm a whole lot more in favor of this now as a parent than I would have been as a single young man, though. Very Happy I'm instilling in my kids the idea of parental approval of spouses at least. I wish other Christians had a culture of helping kids get married.

Also, think about all the single people who fall through the cracks and don't get married for a really long time, say in their 30s or 40s, when they wanted to in their 20s. Modern dating relies not only on being physically attractive, but also on being outgoing enough to get dates. Some Christians sit around praying for a spouse. A lot of churches don't really do anything to try to help singles find partners if they want to, and the alternative of going out to clubs, etc. probably isn't the best choice. There is a lot of temptation. The general culture is very sexually immoral nowadays.

Also, girls raised without fathers in the home, I've read, are more likely to get pregnant out of wedlock. Kids raised without fathers in the home are more likely to have problems with the law, lower grades, and a lot of other problems. Many worldly people think the kids are just going to fornicate anyway, so teach them how to use condoms and give them out for free in school. But parents can have an impact on raising kids and helping them stay out of trouble.
11/4/18 8:57 pm

Post Quiet Wyatt
So glad to hear the Lord gave her another chance at living! [Insert Acts Pun Here]
11/4/18 10:35 pm

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic