Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

Fornication kills (UPDATE !!)
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post Fornication kills (UPDATE !!) Resident Skeptic
I am asking prayer today for a young lady of 17 in Mexico named Allyson. As I write this , she is in a coma and not expected tol live.

I met Allyson 3 years ago in Irapuato, Guanajuato at a home cell group. What struck me abut her was her beautiful smile and her very petite physical frame. She is just one those exceptionally small people, weighing maybe 80 pounds soaking wet.

Allyson and her family came to Christ in this home cell group. Sadly, like too many Christian youth, she chose to date a non-believer, Even sadder was the fact that they fell into fornication. One month ago Allyson gave birth to a baby girl. The father of the child vowed to step up to the plate and help support them.

Last Sunday Allyson became very ill and slipped into a coma. It was determined that she still had some placenta in her womb that had caused an infection. The doctors removed her uterus over the weeken. She is not responding to treatment.

How sad. It breaks my heart. But it is a lesson that sin has consequences. This kind of thing happens every day to married women whose pregnancies were not fruit of fornication. But in this case, this young girl would not be facing death most likely had she not yielded to temptation. May God help us all to realize sin has consequences.

Please pray for a miracle in the life of this sweet young lady. We cannot throw stones at her because we all are in need of mercy and we all are just as capable of falling.

Last edited by Resident Skeptic on 11/2/18 8:04 am; edited 2 times in total
Acts-dicted
10/8/18 4:48 pm

Post Cojak
Prayers for the young lady. Some mistakes, errors and sins are worse on our body that others.
My heart breaks for today's youth with seemingly no boundaries... Embarassed
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
10/8/18 5:58 pm

Post Nature Boy Florida
Why would God punish her so much more severely than other fornicators?

Why do some get away with no consequences - and others don't?

Is God a respecter of persons?
10/9/18 7:29 am

Post Preacher777
I will pray for Allyson. Friendly Face
10/9/18 7:41 am

Post Dave Dorsey
Nature Boy Florida wrote:

Agree. The prayer request should have been all that was shared here.

Do we think Allyson was a worse sinner than all the other people, because she suffered in this way? No, I tell you; but unless we repent, we will all likewise perish.

I have prayed for her and will continue to do so.
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
10/9/18 8:32 am

Post UncleJD
Dave Dorsey wrote:

Do we think Allyson was a worse sinner than all the other people, because she suffered in this way? No, I tell you; but unless we repent, we will all likewise perish.

I don't think RS was saying it was "because" she sinned or that God punished her. He simply stated that if she, as a believer, had not done so, she would not be in this situation. If she's a believer I trust and pray she already repented from it and the fact that there is a baby is a redemptive thing, I pray the family finds comfort from that precious gift.
Golf Cart Mafia Consigliere
10/9/18 8:47 am

Post Quiet Wyatt
I will pray as well. Sounds to me as if inept medical care is the biggest factor in this tragic story. But yeah, if she would have stayed true to the Lord Jesus, none of this would have happened. Many of us, very much including myself, can identify with these words of David:

Psalm 25:7Remember not the sins of my youth, nor my transgressions: according to thy mercy remember thou me for thy goodness' sake, O LORD.
8Good and upright is the LORD: therefore will he teach sinners in the way.
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
10/9/18 9:17 am

Post Resident Skeptic

Who said anything about God punishing her? Consequences do not always equate to punishment. They are usually self-inflicted wounds.
10/9/18 9:48 am

Post Resident Skeptic
Dave Dorsey wrote:

Agree. The prayer request should have been all that was shared here

Dave, it is apparent that you and NBF have a tendency to knowingly or unknowingly take my comments out of context. It is interesting that UncleJD picked up on yalls' error and pointed it out.

Please re-read my the last part of my post.

Who said anything about God punishing her? Consequences do not always equate to punishment. They are usually self-inflicted wounds.
10/9/18 9:52 am

Post Nature Boy Florida
Sorry RS. Dave and I disagree all the time. that we agree on this should be telling...

The tone of this post was appalling.

Most of all of our problems are self inflicted. We get it.

The prayer request did not need the judgment thrown on top.

That was my opinion.
10/9/18 9:56 am

Post Resident Skeptic
UncleJD wrote:
Dave Dorsey wrote:

I don't think RS was saying it was "because" she sinned or that God punished her. He simply stated that if she, as a believer, had not done so, she would not be in this situation. If she's a believer I trust and pray she already repented from it and the fact that there is a baby is a redemptive thing, I pray the family finds comfort from that precious gift.

Thank you for pointing out what was very obvious in my original post to anyone with normal comprehension skills. I've come to expect this kind of response I got from certain brethren on here. I appreciate you speaking up about the obvious.
10/9/18 9:56 am

Post Resident Skeptic
Quiet Wyatt wrote:
I will pray as well. Sounds to me as if inept medical care is the biggest factor in this tragic story. But yeah, if she would have stayed true to the Lord Jesus, none of this would have happened. Many of us, very much including myself, can identify with these words of David:

Psalm 25:7Remember not the sins of my youth, nor my transgressions: according to thy mercy remember thou me for thy goodness' sake, O LORD.

Amen. Great post, very appropriate.

The more I read Acts 15, the more I understand why the Gentiles were told that "if you obstain from fornication, you do well". Even back then it was an easily besetting sin.

Last edited by Resident Skeptic on 10/9/18 10:21 am; edited 1 time in total
Acts-dicted
10/9/18 9:59 am

Post Dave Dorsey
I don't think RS had any intention to pass judgment and I don't think he was saying that God was judging her specifically. The comment about this happening to married women also made that clear.

I just think, as NBF said, the general tone was (unintentionally) pretty unredemptive & the additional details unnecessary.

Quote:
I am asking prayer today for a young lady of 17 in Mexico named Allyson. As I write this , she is in a coma and not expected tol live.

I met Allyson 3 years ago in Irapuato, Guanajuato at a home cell group. What struck me abut her was her beautiful smile and her very petite physical frame. She is just one those exceptionally small people, weighing maybe 80 pounds soaking wet.

One month ago Allyson gave to a baby girl. Last Sunday Allyson became very ill and slipped into a coma. It was determined that she still had some placenta in her womb that had caused an infection. The doctors removed her uterus over the weeken. She is not responding to treatment.

Please pray for a miracle in the life of this sweet young lady.

That said I appreciate you posting about it here and giving us the opportunity to pray about it.
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
10/9/18 10:11 am

Post Resident Skeptic
Dave Dorsey wrote:
I don't think RS had any intention to pass judgment and I don't think he was saying that God was judging her specifically. The comment about this happening to married women also made that clear.

I just think, as NBF said, the general tone was (unintentionally) pretty unredemptive & the additional details unnecessary.

Quote:

One month ago Allyson gave to a baby girl. Last Sunday Allyson became very ill and slipped into a coma. It was determined that she still had some placenta in her womb that had caused an infection. The doctors removed her uterus over the weekend. She is not responding to treatment.

Please pray for a miracle in the life of this sweet young lady.

That said I appreciate you posting about it here and giving us the opportunity to pray about it.

Thank you.

Please understand that my intention from the start was to share more than just a prayer request, but also to share a testimony based on personal ministry experience with the individual. I meant no offense towards Allyson in the slightest.
10/9/18 10:24 am

Post Dave Dorsey
Hopefully she will become a testimony of God's healing power and gracious, redemptive kindness. Continuing to pray for her. [Insert Acts Pun Here]
10/9/18 10:30 am

Post Resident Skeptic
Dave Dorsey wrote:
Hopefully she will become a testimony of God's healing power and gracious, redemptive kindness. Continuing to pray for her.

That is my hope as well. My wife and I spend much of our time with Allyson and her family when we are in Mexico. My mother-in-law has invesed literally years discipling this family. This really hits close to home.
10/9/18 10:35 am

Post Quiet Wyatt
Resident Skeptic wrote:
Quiet Wyatt wrote:

The more I read Acts 15, the more I understand why the Gentiles were told that "if you obstain from fornication, you do well". Even back then it was an easily besetting sin.

It seems clear that the original command and divine design was for us to be fruitful and multiply, and God ensured that would happen by placing the “urge to merge” inside of us. The problem is, we often aren’t very wise as to how we act upon such natural, God-given desires, and we end up really making a mess of our lives, our family’s life, and so forth. I was just talking to our 15-year-old daughter, Chloe, a few days ago. She couldn’t believe I didn’t agree with her assertion that she should be allowed to have a boyfriend and go on dates alone with a boy when she turns 16. She said, “So basically, you don’t trust me?!?” I said, “I don’t trust anybody in that scenario, not even myself! It all starts with kissing!”

I pray, “Dear Lord help us” more and more these days, now that our oldest is a teenager.
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
10/9/18 11:06 am

Post Resident Skeptic
Quiet Wyatt wrote:
Resident Skeptic wrote:
Quiet Wyatt wrote:

It seems clear that the original command and divine design was for us to be fruitful and multiply, and God ensured that would happen by placing the “urge to merge” inside of us. The problem is, we often aren’t very wise as to how we act upon such natural, God-given desires, and we end up really making a mess of our lives, our family’s life, and so forth. I was just talking to our 15-year-old daughter, Chloe, a few days ago. She couldn’t believe I didn’t agree with her assertion that she should be allowed to have a boyfriend and go on dates alone with a boy when she turns 16. She said, “So basically, you don’t trust me?!?” I said, “I don’t trust anybody in that scenario, not even myself! It all starts with kissing!”

I pray, “Dear Lord help us” more and more these days, now that our oldest is a teenager.

I have a 13 year old who does not understand why we are not yet letting her dress like a 25 year old. I feel your pain.

Last edited by Resident Skeptic on 10/9/18 1:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
Acts-dicted
10/9/18 11:38 am

Post Nature Boy Florida
Quiet Wyatt wrote:
Resident Skeptic wrote:
Quiet Wyatt wrote:

Haha - I feel your pain.

My daughter is 17.

She is not allowed to go on dates until she is 18.

She has lots of friends that are boys - even has a boy that has patiently waited on her for a date since they were 6 years old.(I did let them go on a group date to the prom last year.)

She has never challenged me on it...I probably would give in if she did...as she has always been the perfect child. I've never had to discipline her ever.

But - I was a teenage boy once. I know what they think about - even the good Christian ones. Yikes.
10/9/18 1:24 pm

Post Cojak
She has never challenged me on it...I probably would give in if she did...as she has always been the perfect child. I've never had to discipline her ever.

But - I was a teenage boy once. I know what they think about - even the good Christian ones. Yikes.

You are one blessed dude!........
........................................................... However I don't think you were ever a teenager. Very Happy
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
10/9/18 11:40 pm

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic