Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

Trump just cannot keep his giant mouth shut
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post Trump just cannot keep his giant mouth shut Dave Dorsey
No matter what you might think about the nature of his comments -- I personally don't care to offer or entertain any opinions on them -- last night he made the conservative goal, confirming Kavanaugh, harder to achieve. There is no debating that fact.

Not sure why anyone thinks he is some savior. At times his behavior overlaps with conservative objectives. Hooray for that. At other times, he makes them much harder to achieve for absolutely no reason.

Kav was on easy street this week as the FBI investigation seems to be confirming what we all knew, and more details emege that cast doubt on Ford's creditibility. Now? Cover has been given to Flake, Collins, and the rest. For nothing. In exchange for some applause and cheers from an audience.

Way to go, Mr. President.
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
10/3/18 9:10 am

Post Belieber
Do you need some cheese with that whine??? Hey, DOC
10/3/18 9:30 am

Post Dave Dorsey
Belieber wrote:
Do you need some cheese with that whine???

Good grief. What a great example of MAGA nation. Who cares about sitting a conservative on the court for the next 30 years, so long as you get to own the librules!!1!!

Last edited by Dave Dorsey on 10/3/18 9:34 am; edited 1 time in total
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
10/3/18 9:32 am

Post Dave Dorsey
And I said I didn't want to offer an opinion, but just to spare myself from Trump's army of oompa-loompas on this site -- I didn't interpret his comments as mocking Ford. He was expressing legitimate points of doubt, even though he was doing it in typically dismissive, Trumpy fashion.

Either way, it was a shot in the arm for the Resistance. I think Kav still makes it this week, but Trump has once again kicked an own goal at a crucial time for no gain aside from hearing cheers and applause.
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
10/3/18 9:33 am

Post Nature Boy Florida
Dave - Sorry man. There was no cover to blow. Flake and company have already went into the tank because Kav was "so angry at Democrats - so partisan." (Who wouldn't be angry at getting lynched on TV)

I believe Trump already knows Flake isn't voting for Kav (based on his statements yesterday) - and Trump is simply using it to turn out the vote at this point.

Shrewd move by Trump.

Yet - you watch so much CNN that you want to blame Trump for everything. It simply isn't so in this instance.
10/3/18 10:08 am

Post Dave Dorsey
Oof. NBF, you couldn't find a good take with two hands and a hunting dog.

And even if all of that is the case, you're still playing for Collins, Murkowski, Manchin and Heitkamp -- who is getting crushed in the latest polls over the Kavanaugh issue - and the first three of whom have all but stated they are voting yes unless the FBI investigation reveals something huge, which everyone knows it won't.

But we know Trump can do no wrong, so even the most obvious missteps must be retconned as intentional and calculated "shrewd moves" by his army of dedicated defenders.
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
10/3/18 10:15 am

Post Nature Boy Florida
Dave Dorsey wrote:
Oof. NBF, you couldn't find a good take with two hands and a hunting dog.

And even if all of that is the case, you're still playing for Collins, Murkowski, Manchin and Heitkamp -- who is getting crushed in the latest polls over the Kavanaugh issue - and the first three of whom have all but stated they are voting yes unless the FBI investigation reveals something huge, which everyone knows it won't.

But we know Trump can do no wrong, so even the most obvious missteps must be retconned as intentional and calculated "shrewd moves" by his army of dedicated defenders.

I don't think we need to wait any longer to hand out this award:

Raving Mad Acts Post of the Year

Congrats Dave. Isn't this 10 years in a row for you?
10/3/18 10:57 am

Post Dave Dorsey
Wow NBF, I didn't know you had it in you to make a counter-argument that cogent. Well done. Cool [Insert Acts Pun Here]
10/3/18 11:03 am

Post Eddie Robbins
He will never keep his mouth shut. Get used to it. The people voted for this blabbermouth with the middle school mentality making fun of people. They voted for him and the Christian Right endorsed this guy. The sad thing is, the policies are good. He doesn’t have to act this way. He thinks he does. Acts-pert Poster
10/3/18 11:29 am

Post Nature Boy Florida
Eddie Robbins wrote:
He will never keep his mouth shut. Get used to it. The people voted for this blabbermouth with the middle school mentality making fun of people. They voted for him and the Christian Right endorsed this guy. The sad thing is, the policies are good. He doesn’t have to act this way. He thinks he does.

Totally agree Eddie.

But is there a dude that will fight for the same policies - and keep his mouth shut?

I would vote for him.
10/3/18 11:56 am

Post Dave Dorsey
Nature Boy Florida wrote:
But is there a dude that will fight for the same policies - and keep his mouth shut?

I would vote for him.

You can vote for and support this one without beclowning yourself by defending everything he does as some shrewd master plan.

I didn't vote for this one and probably won't vote for him next time -- but he's been great on some policies, especially judicial nominations, and he had a great September with the trade agreement, staying strong on Kavanuagh, not stirring the pot on the issue, etc. Last night he made a big doofus and anyone with a brain can see that.

You can support him without forcing yourself to bend over backwards to defend everything he does, just like people can oppose him without doing the same when he does something smart. I thought he was handling Kavanaugh pretty much perfectly until he stepped in it last night for no reason (except the gratification of his ego).
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
10/3/18 12:02 pm

Post UncleJD
He does say stupid things. I'm not defending those. But in the end, I didn't nominate him so my conscience is clear. I had no real choice in the general, so I went with the one that promised things that I wanted to see, and he has delivered most of those. I do pray for every single win we can get with him at the helm, and so far, there have been a lot of those. He is a terrible politician, I'll admit, but since Obama, Pelosi, and Flake are "good politicians", then I'll take the terrible one. Golf Cart Mafia Consigliere
10/3/18 12:09 pm

Post Dave Dorsey
UncleJD wrote:
He does say stupid things. I'm not defending those. But in the end, I didn't nominate him so my conscience is clear. I had no real choice in the general, so I went with the one that promised things that I wanted to see, and he has delivered most of those. I do pray for every single win we can get with him at the helm, and so far, there have been a lot of those. He is a terrible politician, I'll admit, but since Obama, Pelosi, and Flake are "good politicians", then I'll take the terrible one.

Completely reasonable take IMO.
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
10/3/18 12:12 pm

Post Cojak
I voted for the man because contrary to some opinions I felt I had no choice. YES a thousand times, I wish he could keep his mouth shut at times. I am afraid no matter what the investigation shows, Kav probably is not going in. NYT and several others already have poopood the investigation as 'set up by Trump', Why did they miss 40 witnesses that would have backed the witness. They did not investigate the RIGHT WAY! Amazing they do not know the conclusion but already it wasn't a real investigation.

But Now, digging up more of his High School stuff in hind sight, Kav looks like the privileged few. Which of course he was.

Now more mudding the water and misdirection of taxes and inheritance by Trump. This whole political thing is a mess, and yes I wish Trump could let someone do their job without calling names like a 3rd grader.

Do I regret voting for him, NO because I have a little idea who would get on the supreme court if Hillary was in. I am just a little sick. I do wish I could see some bright side here other than he ain't hillary.

Well he did get the economy going, (with Obama's help of course), he did move the Embassy to Jerusalem, and a few more good things. So no I don't regret voting for him, but I am definitely not happy with his mouth.. Embarassed
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
10/3/18 12:22 pm

Post My first though is ... Mat
My first thought (emotion) is that now I want a background check on everyone. Senators, their staff, writers and media personalities, schoolteachers and my mailman and garbageman to boot. I'm thinking they all "sinned" when they were teenagers and need to be exposed.

Now I want to know about the role the parents of all involved was. Where were the parents of the kid whose house the party was at? How could a 15 year-old girl get and from such a party without the parents being responsible? Who bought the booze? Where were the cops?

What about the influence of the "private" school? Were the teachers and staff supporting this behavior?

What about the role of their church? Was teen drinking an acceptable behavior? Were kids being taught that drinking does not conflict with their spiritual life?

Its like "all have sinned and come short of the glory of God!"

Mat

PS I know I'm OK, but I would like background checks on all you other posters (along with a statement of faith and witnesses).
Acts Enthusiast
10/3/18 12:46 pm

Post Nature Boy Florida
Dave Dorsey needs a background check - that much I can tell you.

It would show too much Dan Rather watching in his youth...and a lot of Rachel Maddow today.

A disqualification imho.
10/3/18 1:23 pm

Post I was trying to ... Mat
I was trying to "google" Rachel Maddow's former partner on MSMBC (who I think when to ESPN), but what I got was a picture of her "partner." I wish I could un-see that (my eyes, my eyes!).

Mat
Acts Enthusiast
10/3/18 1:34 pm

Post Resident Skeptic
"Cover" is the right word. But if these RINOs use Trump's comments as their excuse, then rest assured they never planned on voting for Kavanaugh in the first place. The crowd who heard these remarks cheered because they truly believe Ford is a fraud. The RINOs also now she is a fraud, but their irrational hatred of Trump overrides all other concerns.
10/3/18 4:44 pm

Post Cojak
UncleJD wrote:
He does say stupid things. I'm not defending those........... but since Obama, Pelosi, and Flake are "good politicians", then I'll take the terrible one.

I must agree Brother JD!
10/3/18 5:13 pm

Post Re: My first though is ... Cojak
Mat wrote:
My first thought (emotion) is that now I want a background check on everyone. Senators, their staff, writers and media personalities, schoolteachers and my mailman and garbageman to boot. I'm thinking they all "sinned" when they were teenagers and need to be exposed.

Ain't that the truth. The FBI would be very busy! I just wonder if the J.Edgar type files aren't already existing. Shocked
10/3/18 5:17 pm

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic