Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

State DMVs

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post State DMVs Cojak
We have dealt with the Department of Motor Vehicles in at least 5 states over the years. The majority of them were like going to a dentist. I was originally in North Carolina and found them to be the absolute worst to deal with.

I just inherited a 2014 automobile. After getting a NC title thru the attorney we headed to Florida. At the DMV I told 'Brandi' the story. Her first question was do you have a letter stating you inherited the auto? If so you do not have to pay taxes on it.
I said, "I'm sorry, I actually left it on the table at the house, I can run get it."
Now at this point in at least 4 states the clerk would have said, "Go get the letter or pay the taxes, your call!"

But Brandi, true to all my experiences in Florida said, "There may not be a need for that, let me talk to my super."

A minute or two later she returned with a short statement printed. "Just sign her that you declare or swear that you inherited the auto and that will take care of it."

I just wanted to give the Florida DOT an 'atta boy', every time I have had to deal with them from license to titles they have been 'driver friendly'.

My wife likes them because they give her a chance to pose for another picture if she doesn't like the first.

I hope your experience at the DMV as been as good as mine in Florida. They are Christian Friendly where some DMVs would 'Make a preacher cuss'.

Here is hoping you all have a great day, God is good! Cool

Last edited by Cojak on 9/28/18 8:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
9/28/18 5:44 pm

Post Link
When my wife first moved to the US, she went for a driver's test at a DMV in a small country town in North Carolina. She was still learning English. She could speak it, but she had never encountered terminology for driving and parts of the car, like 'dim' and 'headlights'. She had her license in her home country.

She did not pass the first written test. So, when she went in there again, one of the state employees there with a police-looking outfit on sat her down and explained what each and every question meant, and asked for her answer to each one and she passed the test.

And, if I remember right, there was no one else in there taking a test.

One thing I have learned is it can be worth it to drive to some remote town in the same state to find a DMV that isn't busy. I need to change my address on my license, and I am thinking of taking a mini-road trip out of the city to do it. My dad drives up to Toccoa, Georgia to handle this sort of thing.
9/28/18 8:36 pm

Post Cojak
Link wrote:
When my wife first moved to the US, she went for a driver's test at a DMV in a small country town in North Carolina. She was still learning English. She could speak it, but she had never encountered terminology for driving and parts of the car, like 'dim' and 'headlights'. She had her license in her home country.

She did not pass the first written test. So, when she went in there again, one of the state employees there with a police-looking outfit on sat her down and explained what each and every question meant, and asked for her answer to each one and she passed the test.

And, if I remember right, there was no one else in there taking a test.

One thing I have learned is it can be worth it to drive to some remote town in the same state to find a DMV that isn't busy. I need to change my address on my license, and I am thinking of taking a mini-road trip out of the city to do it. My dad drives up to Toccoa, Georgia to handle this sort of thing.

I smiled at the mention of Toccoa, That is the area my family migrated to NC from. I Like that area. I think JLarry pastored there once. Cool
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
9/28/18 8:40 pm

Post Re: State DMVs FLRon
Cojak wrote:
We have dealt with the Department of Motor Vehicles in at least 5 states over the years. The majority of them were like going to a dentist. I was originally in North Carolina and found them to be the absolute worst to deal with.

I just inherited a 2014 automobile. After getting a NC title thru the attorney we headed to Florida. At the DMV I told 'Brandi' the story. Her first question was do you have a letter stating you inherited the auto? If so you do not have to pay taxes on it.
I said, "I'm sorry, I actually left it on the table at the house, I can run get it."
Now at this point in at least 4 states the clerk would have said, "Go get the letter or pay the taxes, your call!"

But Brandi, true to all my experiences in Florida said, "There may not be a need for that, let me talk to my super."

A minute or two later she returned with a short statement printed. "Just sign her that you declare or swear that you inherited the auto and that will take care of it."

I just wanted to give the Florida DOT an 'atta boy', every time I have had to deal with them from license to titles they have been 'driver friendly'.

My wife likes them because they give her a chance to pose for another picture if she doesn't like the first.

I hope your experience at the DMV as been as good as mine in Florida. They are Christian Friendly where some DMVs would 'Make a preacher cuss'.

Here is hoping you all have a great day, God is good! Cool

When I moved to Florida and made the dreaded trip to the DMV I was shocked at how helpful and friendly everyone there was. I think I left there smiling thinking if everyone in Florida is this friendly I've got it made. Not to worry, my first encounter with my new neighbor across the street dispelled any notion of that.
9/30/18 2:30 pm

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic