Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

Two men claim it was they who assaulted Ford (L)

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post Two men claim it was they who assaulted Ford (L) Resident Skeptic
https://nypost.com/2018/09/27/two-men-tell-senate-that-they-not-kavanaugh-assaulted-ford/

Not that it will matter to the left-wing Marxist revolutionaries.
9/27/18 7:51 am

Post Dave Dorsey
Absent any corroboration, this should be treated with exactly the same skepticism as Ford's claims. The Senate Judiciary Committee has interviewed them both and has received a sworn statement from one, and reported that geography and timeline align and that they both seem to be of sound mind. But the same three things could be said about Ford and her claims. It is also not unheard of for people to falsely confess to famous things.

The way to defeat claims with no evidence is not to overwhelm them with more claims without evidence. Don't get in the weeds. As of now the discussion should stay focused on the lack of corroboration for any of the claims made against Kavanaugh.

That said, the Judiciary Committee should continue to fully investigate these claims to see if there is additional corroboration available.
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
9/27/18 8:05 am

Post Resident Skeptic
Dave Dorsey wrote:
Absent any corroboration, this should be treated with exactly the same skepticism as Ford's claims. The Senate Judiciary Committee has interviewed them both and has received a sworn statement from one, and reported that geography and timeline align and that they both seem to be of sound mind. But the same three things could be said about Ford and her claims. It is also not unheard of for people to falsely confess to famous things.

The way to defeat claims with no evidence is not to overwhelm them with more claims without evidence. Don't get in the weeds. As of now the discussion should stay focused on the lack of corroboration for any of the claims made against Kavanaugh.

That said, the Judiciary Committee should continue to fully investigate these claims to see if there is additional corroboration available.

Your wisdom is sound. The only difference I might see is that these parties are CLAIMING guilt personally, which is unusual if one is actually innocent.
9/27/18 8:27 am

Post UncleJD
I applaud their courage. It speaks to their maturity gained over the ensuing years. I'm happy for Dr. Ford that she can now reconcile her terrible ordeal to the right perpetrators. Golf Cart Mafia Consigliere
9/27/18 8:28 am

Post Dave Dorsey
Resident Skeptic wrote:
Your wisdom is sound. The only difference I might see is that these parties are CLAIMING guilt personally, which is unusual if one is actually innocent.

Granted, although the same type of argument is used by people who are saying "think about everything Ford and Ramirez and Swetnick have to lose by making these accusations". It's not an invalid argument in either case, it's just not actual evidence. That said -- I do personally agree that it is less likely one would falsely claim guilt then that one would choose to embroil themselves in a fiasco like this with a false allegation.
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
9/27/18 8:34 am

Post To advance their agenda ... Mat
Dave Dorsey wrote:
Resident Skeptic wrote:

Granted, although the same type of argument is used by people who are saying "think about everything Ford and Ramirez and Swetnick have to lose by making these accusations". It's not an invalid argument in either case, it's just not actual evidence. That said -- I do personally agree that it is less likely one would falsely claim guilt then that one would choose to embroil themselves in a fiasco like this with a false allegation.

To advance their agenda - referring to the women's claims - lying is wholly acceptable - Lenin would say it makes them "heroes" of the state. American culture is at war, albeit its a one sided "affair." As it has been said, "all's fair in love and war."

I am struggling with the contradictory assertions that women are equal to men, but that men must protect women. I know, my thoughts do not matter because I an an old white conservative male. I'm going to keep this in mind in my future interaction with women.

Mat

PS I think I can find theological grounds for divorcing a wife who espouses liberal feminist views, much in the same way Israel was to "put away" their none Jewish idol worshiping wives.
Acts Enthusiast
9/27/18 9:57 am

Post Quiet Wyatt
My impression after hearing Ford’s opening statement is, Kavanaugh’s nomination is toast. I wish it were otherwise, and I absolutely despise the way this ‘hit job’ was done by Feinswine and Co., but I must say Ford came across as genuine and quite convincing in her opening statement, and as they say, “Perception is reality.” [Insert Acts Pun Here]
9/27/18 10:02 am

Post Resident Skeptic
Quiet Wyatt wrote:
My impression after hearing Ford’s opening statement is, Kavanaugh’s nomination is toast. I wish it were otherwise, and I absolutely despise the way this ‘hit job’ was done by Feinswine and Co., but I must say Ford came across as genuine and quite convincing in her opening statement, and as they say, “Perception is reality.”

Two men have admitted to assaulting her. She WANTS it to have been Kavanaugh, though.
9/27/18 10:17 am

Post Resident Skeptic
If a 75 year old Afro-American grandmother becomes the nominee, it will not matter. Anyone who gets the nomination will be attacked like this.
9/27/18 10:52 am

Post Resident Skeptic
My impression is that Ford was a mentally troubled person long before this alleged assault, and still is, along with being a leftist.

Last edited by Resident Skeptic on 9/27/18 7:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Acts-dicted
9/27/18 10:53 am

Post georgiapath
Resident Skeptic wrote:
My impression is that Ford was a mentally troubled person long before this alleged assault, and still is, along with beig a leftist.

I agree.
Acts-dicted
9/27/18 6:33 pm

Post diakoneo
Resident Skeptic wrote:
My impression is that Ford was a mentally troubled person long before this alleged assault, and still is, along with beig a leftist.

Being a leftist is a mental disease!
Golf Cart Mafia Consigliere
9/27/18 6:47 pm

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic