Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

Is it real?

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post Is it real? Cojak
I am curious. since we have a few threads on Pentecost and tongues. In my life I have heard messages that did not agree with my spirit. Not that the message was WRONG, but it seemed they had something to say and used tongues/interpretation to get the message out.

I am just wondering, in your church has a message and interpretation (usually the same person) been given out in an assembly that did not agree with your spirit?

When we speak of power, we seem to accept shouting, tongues and interpretations as a display of His power. What is a demonstration of HIS power?

As a child I saw a broken bone, a compound fracture healed instantly.
and once as a PK sneaking out of a revival meeting, I decided to investigate the mysteries of a hearing aid battery I had found. I used an ice pick and punctured the battery, acid sprayed out into my eyes and I went blind. I screamed, of course, and one of the LWWB ladies, preparing food for after church, heard it, grabbed me took me right into the church interrupted the alter call and my dad and the evangelist prayed and immediately I could see.

I wonder about all that when we talk about the power of God. What do you consider a demonstration of the Power of God?

Forgive me, but I find many people accept 'tongues' as the power. Sorry to be so scatteractic, but it seems to me we have replaced the power of God with Glossolalia. Speaking in tongues is wonderful and Godly, but it is the only thing I know that can be counterfeited, and attributed to God.

Embarassed Embarassed
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
9/16/18 10:51 pm

Post Re: Is it real? Preacher777
I have also been in services where tongues, interpretations and prophecies do not agree with my spirit. In my experience prophecies seem to be abused more than tongues and interpretations. My biggest concern is when pastors or visiting speakers are the source.

We don't single out tongues and interpretations when praying for the Gifts.of the Spirit but leave it to God to operate however the Holy Spirit operates with the Gifts. We also are sure to join the request with the prayer for all things to be done decently and in order without our flesh messing things up

I believe we always need to teach that the greatest power of God working through us is when we can walk in the fruits of the Spirit and see people born again. I love the Holy Spirit operating through people in the Gifts of the Spirit but feel we should always be more passionate about souls in our lives, preaching, teaching and prayer time.

Perhaps the greatest abuse of the Gifts is when they are done in the flesh turning people away from Christ, causing pride, divisions etc. Many people abuse Vicodin and other drugs but I still eanestly desire them if I have a bad toothache!
Friendly Face
9/17/18 5:07 am

Post Eddie Robbins
The reason it doesn’t agree with your spirit is that it wasn’t for you. For example....the night before my Dad passed away, my sisters visited Mt Paran on a Sunday night. This was in 1971. A message was given and the interpretation ended with “my servant is in my hands.” It was clearly a comforting message for my sisters. The other few hundred people there had no clue and maybe some wondered what that was all about. Although, there could have been one or two others that it spoke to. God works like that. So, if you hear something that doesn’t agree with your spirit, keep in mind, it may be for someone else. Acts-pert Poster
9/17/18 5:51 am

Post Preacher777
Eddie, I agree and know that sometimes a Word can be given that is for somebody else and not me or other people in the room. However, there are times that I have heard things that do not agree with my spirit and I would be spiritually dull and far from knowing God's voice if I agreed with what was prophesied. Usually the things that have been the farthest from the voice of God have been from people who claimed to be prophets or prophetesses or who promote their ministries based on how they have the spiritual Gifts.

Some of the most flesh driven prophecies I have heard are from people who are prophesying their political beliefs and also those who prophesied great things over people that can do them Ministry favors. Whether it is intentional or subconscious we know people do not want to be against what God wants so if one can convince people that their agenda is God speaking they are likely to follow it.
Friendly Face
9/17/18 7:19 am

Post Yes, Cojak Aaron Scott
Cojak wrote:
I am curious. since we have a few threads on Pentecost and tongues. In my life I have heard messages that did not agree with my spirit. Not that the message was WRONG, but it seemed they had something to say and used tongues/interpretation to get the message out.

I am just wondering, in your church has a message and interpretation (usually the same person) been given out in an assembly that did not agree with your spirit?

When we speak of power, we seem to accept shouting, tongues and interpretations as a display of His power. What is a demonstration of HIS power?

As a child I saw a broken bone, a compound fracture healed instantly.
and once as a PK sneaking out of a revival meeting, I decided to investigate the mysteries of a hearing aid battery I had found. I used an ice pick and punctured the battery, acid sprayed out into my eyes and I went blind. I screamed, of course, and one of the LWWB ladies, preparing food for after church, heard it, grabbed me took me right into the church interrupted the alter call and my dad and the evangelist prayed and immediately I could see.

I wonder about all that when we talk about the power of God. What do you consider a demonstration of the Power of God?

Forgive me, but I find many people accept 'tongues' as the power. Sorry to be so scatteractic, but it seems to me we have replaced the power of God with Glossolalia. Speaking in tongues is wonderful and Godly, but it is the only thing I know that can be counterfeited, and attributed to God.

Embarassed Embarassed

A great pastor, Jake Richie, once gave me an insight into tongues (there was a man in the church that would often give out tongues that didn't seem to fit in). Bro. Richie told me that tongues would typically go WITH the them of the service, and not interrupt what God had been doing. For instance, if the ministry is about worship and the Lord is working on people about their worship, it would be unseemly for the Holy Ghost to suddenly switch gears and say something like, "Tonight is your last chance to be saved," etc. NOT that that is not a valid point, but as you might imagine, it would pretty much throw the worship theme out the window.

Tongues (and interpretation) need to be in order. Tongues can be given at the wrong time. And an interpretation can be inappropriate to the moment. Most of the time, I think such things happen to well-intentioned believers. But it does happen. We can all miss it at times.
Hon. Dr. in Acts-celeratology
9/17/18 4:57 pm

Post Cojak
Eddie Robbins wrote:
The reason it doesn’t agree with your spirit is that it wasn’t for you. For example....the night before my Dad passed away, my sisters visited Mt Paran on a Sunday night. This was in 1971. A message was given and the interpretation ended with “my servant is in my hands.” It was clearly a comforting message for my sisters. The other few hundred people there had no clue and maybe some wondered what that was all about. Although, there could have been one or two others that it spoke to. God works like that. So, if you hear something that doesn’t agree with your spirit, keep in mind, it may be for someone else.

Not exactly what I am saying Eddie. It is the internal soul felt message, this does not seem real or is NOT real. NOT, 'this is for or not for me.' I have heard many messages that weren't for me, but I KNEW it was real and for someone, and praised the Holy Spirit for being real. those have been real IMHO. Cool
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
9/17/18 10:31 pm

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic