Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

The Top 1% (Are You In It?)

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post The Top 1% (Are You In It?) Aaron Scott
With the exception of Dave Dorsey, I don't know of anyone on this board that is in the top 1% when it comes to income.

BUT...

But I wonder if you might be in the top 1% in some other area? I know musicians that are absolutely in the ranks of the elite in their instrument.

NBF is in the top 1% of people who lack the common sense to tie their shoes and/or NOT support the Gators.

Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

But seriously, if you were to take inventory of the abilities you DO have, whatever they may be, have you considered that you may be in the Top 1% (or at least the top 5% or 10%) of those who also can do whatever it is you do.

There are things that having all the money in the world won't buy you. You can't buy your way to running the fastest mile in history...or writing the best book...or certainly not being the best worshiper.

Wouldn't it be something if we all were in the Top 1% of worshipers? Or spiritual development?

You get the idea.

In any case, maybe you'll think that over and write a line or two about some area (spiritual or not) in which you have been gifted in some way that places you in the Top 1%.
Hon. Dr. in Acts-celeratology
9/13/18 12:09 pm

Post Humility FG Minister
I am definitely in the top 1% in humility. I'm very proud of my humility and more than happy to discuss my meekness with anyone who asks. In fact, I look down on people who aren't as humble as I am. Acts-celerater
9/13/18 12:19 pm

Post Re: The Top 1% (Are You In It?) Nature Boy Florida
Aaron Scott wrote:
NBF is in the top 1% of people ...

Y'know Aaron - just when I think you can't possibly post something dumber than you did on your previous post - you go and do something like this - and totally redeem yourself.

Well done.

Yes - it's true. NBF is in the top 1% of all people. It's all true.
9/13/18 12:46 pm

Post Dave Dorsey
We're all in the top 1% of something, that's for sure. Laughing

I'm in the top 1% of people who actively administrate Acts on every single performance metric. Not that I'm trying to brag or anything. Cool
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
9/13/18 12:47 pm

Post Nature Boy Florida
But as for your post - there are many traits that I try to be in the top 1%.

I don't have a specific one - but there are numerous fruit of the spirit that I try to help grow in my life.

Not sure if I have succeeded - in fact, I feel I have failed miserably at times - but I believe am a better man for trying.
9/13/18 12:50 pm

Post I'm in the Top 1% in Humility... Aaron Scott
In fact, my humility is so awesome, that I'm almost certainly in the top .00001%.

I can't think of ANYONE--with the POSSIBLE exception of Moses--that is more humble than I.

I don't know if it's just an innate ability or due to working harder to be humble than anyone else.

When I sense pride trying to rear its ugly head, I just remind myself of my incredible record of humbleness and say, "I don't want to blow the greatest record-setting humility streak in virtually all of human history." And that causes me to get back in the saddle of humility.

If humility was judged by horse racing, I'd be riding Secretariat.

There are probably HUNDREDS or THOUSANDS of things that I am the best ever at...but I think my towering accomplishment in humility is the one I cherish the most.
9/13/18 2:13 pm

Post Re: Humility Cojak
FG Minister wrote:
I am definitely in the top 1% in humility. I'm very proud of my humility and more than happy to discuss my meekness with anyone who asks. In fact, I look down on people who aren't as humble as I am.

Amen brother, I believe it! Shocked

My family puts me in the top 1% of old men who turn the wrong way. I am was known as wrong-way-jack then graduated to u-turn-jack. Texas allows me to be U-turn Jack, even with the coach and car in-tow. Embarassed
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
9/13/18 3:07 pm

Post Eddie Robbins
0.5% of Americans have completed a marathon. I have completed 2. Chicago in 2011 and Boston this year. I guess that’s mine.

I have also written a book but I don’t know the percentage of Americans who have.
Acts-pert Poster
9/13/18 9:36 pm

Post Cojak
breakdown by branch of service: 3.1 percent of all living Americans have served in the Army, 1.7 percent in the Navy, 1.4 percent in the Air Force and 0.8 percent in the Marines, while the remaining 0.5 percent served in either non-defense or reserve roles.

Just sayin'................. Semper Fi Smile

We have several of the .8%'ers aboard Acts. Cool
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
9/13/18 9:46 pm

Post Eddie... Aaron Scott
Eddie Robbins wrote:
0.5% of Americans have completed a marathon. I have completed 2. Chicago in 2011 and Boston this year. I guess that’s mine.

I have also written a book but I don’t know the percentage of Americans who have.

That is definitely an accomplishment that you can be rightly proud of. One more marathon, and you'll likely be in the top .01%

Writing a book--you and Cojak have that corner on the market too.

I am, I think, the biggest guy to ever raft the Russell Fork. But then again, I didn't measure everyone else who ran it.
9/14/18 11:48 am

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic