Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

Trump isn’t using evangelicals.... he is genuine
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post Trump isn’t using evangelicals.... he is genuine SouthFloridaman
Responding here so I don’t high jack a post
Chicago27 wrote:
Trump is using evangelicals for his advantage. It helped him get elected. I wish just one of them would have the sense to help him out with the whole “I don’t need to repent because I’ve always been a good person” thing.

As someone who has had contact with some of Donald Trump’s spiritual advisors, I feel that trump is genuine. I remember the whites and others discussing there first contacts with the Trump family many years before he made his decision to run. Side note Few wealthy well publicized individuals can attend a regular church. When they walk in the first thing happens to them is people are either overwhelmed by there presence or they automatically hit them up for money. I encountered pastors who have as members those who are high profile multimillionaires and They constantly have to shield them from the constant solicitation from the attendees. Few realize that it is possible to be a cash poor working millionaire. Meaning your expenses match what you are taking in. The wealth they have maybe in assets not cash. That said Trump would watch christian tv as his church. He would call up the ministers and donate. His relationships with Kenneth Copeland, Paula White, Mike Murdock those connections were forged years ago. Trump is a friend to the charismatic Pentecostal Church. He may be unconventional and do and say some things that he mistakes later. I have no doubt in my mind that he loves the church. Honestly wouldn’t it have been easier for him to pretend he was a Democrat if all he want was a political office.
Friendly Face
8/31/18 3:05 pm

Post Re: Trump isn’t using evangelicals.... he is genuine Chicago27
SouthFloridaman wrote:
Chicago27 wrote:
Trump is using evangelicals for his advantage. It helped him get elected. I wish just one of them would have the sense to help him out with the whole “I don’t need to repent because I’ve always been a good person” thing.

As someone who has had contact with some of Donald Trump’s spiritual advisors, I feel that trump is genuine. I remember the whites and others discussing there first contacts with the Trump family many years before he made his decision to run. Side note Few wealthy well publicized individuals can attend a regular church. When they walk in the first thing happens to them is people are either overwhelmed by there presence or they automatically hit them up for money. I encountered pastors who have as members those who are high profile multimillionaires and They constantly have to shield them from the constant solicitation from the attendees. Few realize that it is possible to be a cash poor working millionaire. Meaning your expenses match what you are taking in. The wealth they have maybe in assets not cash. That said Trump would watch christian tv as his church. He would call up the ministers and donate. His relationships with Kenneth Copeland, Paula White, Mike Murdock those connections were forged years ago. Trump is a friend to the charismatic Pentecostal Church. He may be unconventional and do and say some things that he mistakes later. I have no doubt in my mind that he loves the church. Honestly wouldn’t it have been easier for him to pretend he was a Democrat if all he want was a political office.

One would think having such a close relationship with all of those preachers, one of them would have told him about repentance. They may also tell him that he is doesn’t act very Christ-like towards others. It’s not about money. It’s about loving your neighbors.
Friendly Face
8/31/18 4:37 pm

Post Nature Boy Florida
Chicago, Why didn't you ask Jentezen Franklin at the GA about it. He says he's been there over a half dozen times and prayed with the President. He was in the bookstore for a couple of hours at the GA answering any and all questions. Why didn't you ask him? Are you accusing Jentezen Franklin's of being soft on salvation and repentance towards the President. For shame!
8/31/18 5:19 pm

Post Chicago27
Nature Boy Florida wrote:
Chicago, Why didn't you ask Jentezen Franklin at the GA about it. He says he's been there over a half dozen times and prayed with the President. He was in the bookstore for a couple of hours at the GA answering any and all questions. Why didn't you ask him? Are you accusing Jentezen Franklin's of being soft on salvation and repentance towards the President. For shame!

Not only would I ask him that question, I would ask him some other questions! I was only there one day and didn’t see him.
Friendly Face
8/31/18 5:37 pm

Post Re: Trump isn’t using evangelicals.... he is genuine SouthFloridaman
Chicago27 wrote:
SouthFloridaman wrote:
Chicago27 wrote:

One would think having such a close relationship with all of those preachers, one of them would have told him about repentance. They may also tell him that he is doesn’t act very Christ-like towards others. It’s not about money. It’s about loving your neighbors.

They do talk about repentance.... let me ask you a question? Do you control those in your congregation? Do you kick out members who make mistake? How do you know he did not repent? How do you know if your church members repented? I know I can sure do better in all things. So could all of us. But back to your conspiracy theory about Trump using evangelicals if he was just after the office wouldn’t it been easier for him to pander to the liberals and pretend to be a Democrat they would’ve welcomed him with open arms I sure know Hillary didn’t mind taking his money. And before someone says see he supported Hillary let me ask you have you ever owned a business? If you own a business you have to have a relationship with your local government officials it’s impossible not to. Hillary was a New York senator. If you create jobs you know your elected officials.

Last edited by SouthFloridaman on 8/31/18 6:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
Friendly Face
8/31/18 6:24 pm

Post Dave Dorsey
Oof. [Insert Acts Pun Here]
8/31/18 6:25 pm

Post Chicago27
It is evident who has partaken of the Kool-Aid. 😂 Friendly Face
9/1/18 6:37 am

Post Chicago27
https://www.christianitytoday.com/ct/2018/august-web-only/evangelicals-trump-elections-losing-everything.html Friendly Face
9/1/18 6:53 am

Post Dave Dorsey
Spectacular article, Chicago27. It is very upsetting that Christian ministers -- ministers -- cannot detect the antichrist spirit that's evident in a secular politician saying that if Christians don't trust in him, they will lose everything.

Look, if you voted for Trump because he's not Hillary, and you're planning to vote for him in 2020 because he's not whatever awful candidate the Dems are going to nominate -- fine. No argument from me. But spare us this absolute nonsense about the genuineness of a man who brazenly declares he has no need of repentance. Pray for him, both that he will have wisdom and come to know Christ, and pray for his presidency. But good heavens, please stop pointing to sin and calling it righteousness.

As the author if that article wrote: "...many pastors are conveying to the wider, watching public a faith in political power that stands in sharp opposition to everything we say we believe in. To many of our neighbors, the court chaplains appear more like jesters."
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
9/1/18 7:55 am

Post Carolyn Smith
Chicago27 wrote:
https://www.christianitytoday.com/ct/2018/august-web-only/evangelicals-trump-elections-losing-everything.html

So what pastors are doing this? The media is the only one I've heard talking about what Trump said to the pastors/leaders at the dinner this week.

It's obvious Trump is unrepentant, but at least he respects the church and ministers. I've heard his mother was Quaker. I'm thankful for his sympathies towards Christians, but he is not in control like he thinks he is. Some people put Trump on a pedestal like he's the Messiah. He's been a blessing to the Church, but he is not responsible for it. Ultimately, God is.

In fact, if we did lose everything, the Church would probably explode in revival as we were persecuted.

All my liberal friends can talk about is how he completely lacks a moral compass...
Hon. Dr. in Acts-celeratology
9/1/18 10:03 am

Post UncleJD
First I'll say I genuinely hope he is saved. I pray that he is and that he has changed. I don't see how the weight of the office couldn't bring home the need for true repentance and humility. That said, his standing with God, like yours or others' or my favorite preacher's, is irrelevant to me since I'm not God and can't tell the wheat from the tares. That sounds cold but I don't mean it to be, just that "as for me and my house, we'll serve the Lord". All this man needs to do as far as I'm concerned, is to put our country first in negotiations, to provide freedom for us to worship without retribution, to make decisions that provide a framework for freedom (spiritual, financial, and literal) in the future. I feel that he has done that in spades. And it doesn't hurt that he's called out some demonic attitudes in the press and opposition party along the way so that the mask of civility is pulled back and we see their true faces. I did NOT vote for him in the primary for many reasons, but in my opinion, the most important reason, that he would turn on conservatives and appoint liberal judges and move against the second amendment and freedom of religion, has proved groundless and I'm grateful (to God), and will be voting for him again.

Last edited by UncleJD on 9/1/18 10:22 am; edited 1 time in total
Golf Cart Mafia Consigliere
9/1/18 10:20 am

Post Dave Dorsey
For the record, I don't have an objection to any of that, UncleJD. [Insert Acts Pun Here]
9/1/18 10:22 am

Post Resident Skeptic
I saw the interview in question where Trump said he does not ask for forgiveness. He went on to explain that instead of asking for forgiveness, he tries to learn from the mistake and do better. To a man who wants actions over words, I can see where this kind of thinking would bleed into his perception of salvation and right-standing with God. "Don't tell God you're sorry. DO better and learn".

Last edited by Resident Skeptic on 9/1/18 1:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
Acts-dicted
9/1/18 12:27 pm

Post SouthFloridaman
Resident Skeptic wrote:
I saw the interview in question where Trump aid he does not ask for forgiveness. He went on to explain that instead of asking for forgiveness, he tries to learn from the mistake and do better. To a man who wants actions over words, I can see where this kind of thinking would bleed into his perception of salvation and right-standing with God. "Don't tell God you're sorry. DO better and learn".

Billy Graham would say..... my enemies would not believe my explanation and friend don’t need my explaintion. He would say this in response to why he was silent when he was under attack. All the acknowledgment of fault would do is bring unnecessary confusion to his supporters and volume to the critics. Trump may be saying forgiveness is between me and God. Plus if you ask for forgiveness in politics the enemy might see it at as an opportunity to attack. Let forgiveness be between him and God. Just because the media wants something it doesn’t me there motives are genuine. Guys Christians play fair.... the Godless don’t.
Friendly Face
9/1/18 1:01 pm

Post Dave Dorsey
Resident Skeptic wrote:
I can see where this kind of thinking would bleed into his perception of salvation and right-standing with God. "Don't tell God you're sorry. DO better and learn".

Sure, absolutely. There's another term for this, it's not knowing the gospel. And you can't believe in something you don't know, c.f. Romans 10:14.
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
9/1/18 3:10 pm

Post Resident Skeptic
Dave Dorsey wrote:
Resident Skeptic wrote:
I can see where this kind of thinking would bleed into his perception of salvation and right-standing with God. "Don't tell God you're sorry. DO better and learn".

Sure, absolutely. There's another term for this, it's not knowing the gospel. And you can't believe in something you don't know, c.f. Romans 10:14.

I don't disagree with you. But this does not disqualify him from being President. I'm only trying to put context to his remarks.
9/1/18 3:34 pm

Post Cojak
SouthFloridaman wrote:
Just because the media wants something it doesn’t mean there motives are genuine. Guys Christians play fair.... the Godless don’t.

I think you said something there SFM Cool
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
9/2/18 1:18 pm

Post SouthFloridaman
Trump has 61% support from Pentecostal Christians.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/made-by-history/wp/2018/03/21/the-christian-sect-that-has-always-cheered-on-donald-trump/?utm_term=.fc69134ebf1c

It seems interesting that John hagee was the one that would led the prayer over the Jerusalem embassy. Never would I have thought him to have that kind of access.

I also find amazing that the very pastors who were attacked the most by the Senator Grassley investigation are now the one that have the ears of our president like Paula White...

https://www.christianitytoday.com/news/2011/january/grassley-investigation-ends-with-no-penalty-for.html

Paula White.. I witnessed what her family lost... it cost them nearly everything after that so called investigation. I feel the investigation was really just a retaliatory attack over her husband suing the government for his daughters cancer. The government investigated them so they would not have the power to lead a group of people in a class action lawsuit over cancer causing chemicals that leaked in the ground water at ft. Detrick Maryland.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/maryland/bs-md-fort-detrick-contamination-20111008-story.html

I think the fights over trump not being a christian are over the fact that mainline denomination are dying out or complete flipping what they believe

Seems to that a lot of PentecostalChristian persecution has back fired.

Trump is our first Word of Faith/Charismatic presbyterian president
Friendly Face
9/4/18 1:46 pm

Post Dave Dorsey
All I can say is thank you, SouthFloridaman. You have made my points more effectively than I ever could. [Insert Acts Pun Here]
9/4/18 2:19 pm

Post Cojak
I have no knowledge if Trump is genuine or not. I know it is common for a person seeking support in politics to use what ever means is available. That said, real or not at least Trump is not afraid to say 'Jesus' or Christian. Our former presidents of late have shied away from that in an effort to not shew partiality. At least Trump will admit this nation was founded on christian principles. I do give him that. Cool
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
9/4/18 11:40 pm

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic