Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

Some thoughts about Trump....

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post Some thoughts about Trump.... Aaron Scott
I imagine that pretty much all of us--whether we voted for Trump or not--are disheartened by his egotistical and often hateful rhetoric. But with the McCain funeral, I got to thinking....

When Trump dumps (hey!) on people with such foolish, infantile, juvenile, ignorant behavior (and I voted for him!), he does HIMSELF a disservice. Consider that as McCain is being honored across the nation, Trump's resistance to apology (and the fact that he even had need to apologize) has made Trump look smaller than ever.

If Trump hadn't said the foolish things that he said of McCain (as if being a POW meant you were less worthy of respect), Trump could be at the funeral, no doubt, making statements that would perhaps burnish his image. Instead, if anything, I imagine more people see him now in an even worse light.

Then there's something else....

When Donald Trump leaves the White House, he will still be a billionaire (or at least a very, very, very wealthy man). But those people who worked for him in the White House, they may have a hard time landing a job because of being tarnished by serving Trump. I'm sure any employer that is not a near-rabid supporter of Trump would have some reason for questioning why someone stayed with Trump through all the foolishness.

And those that would have expected, perhaps, to leave the White House and get invited to service on a Board of Directors, or as the President of a University, or in some other exalted position, are going to be strongly resisted and denounced by faculties (mostly liberal) and employees of major companies, etc. Not only will such a person's judgment be called into question, but the residual hatred for Trump will be directed at them.

So Trump is not just hurting himself by setting himself up to look like the smallest president in history, but he is damaging the fortunes and future prospects of those who, hoping to serve the nation in a dignified way, will be irrevocably tarnished.

And another thing....

Any president who thought it was a good idea to give Omarosa a place at the table--a woman who in every instance has shown herself hateful, conniving, self-serving, and ruthless--is someone whose judgment we ought to rightfully question.

Yes, Trump is not your run-of-the-mill businessman. No one becomes a billionaire by chance, I don't think (unless you are the heir of a businessman, and he chances to step in front of a train). So we know that Trump is not an unmitigated disaster in ever aspect...but he is enough of one to likely make it so that any good he does do...is ignored.
Hon. Dr. in Acts-celeratology
9/1/18 3:07 pm

Post Resident Skeptic
I am much more offended at McCain's treachery towards the Trump platform and the way his family excluded Sarah Palin from his funeral.
9/1/18 3:36 pm

Post Positive thoughts about Trump.... dtgrant
Aaron Scott wrote:
I imagine that pretty much all of us--whether we voted for Trump or not--are disheartened by his egotistical and often hateful rhetoric. But with the McCain funeral, I got to thinking....

We (my wife and I) voted for President Trump and are not disheartened but --

Thankful -- for the millions who support President Trump against the egotistical and hateful rhetoric of those who hate President Trump and his Pro-Christian and Pro-American policies.

Thankful -- President Trump's remarks on the deaths of John McCain and Aretha Franklin were respectful and sincere -- unlike the egotistical and hateful rhetoric of those who attended those memorials.

quote President Trump: "The Queen of Soul, Aretha Franklin, is dead. She was a great woman, with a wonderful gift from God, her voice. She will be missed!"

quote President trump: "My deepest sympathies and respect go out to the family of Senator John McCain. Our hearts and prayers are with you!"
Friendly Face
9/2/18 8:22 am

Post Quiet Wyatt
I felt the swipes taken at Trump at McCain’s funeral were petty and beneath the dignity of the moment and of those who said them. I am not a fan of Trump, but it does seem rather clear that he has completely burned his bridges with these folks.

What’s really funny is how Mr. Anti-Establishment, ‘non-politician’ is now campaigning for guys he mocked and ridiculed when it suited his purpose, like Cruz.

Trump has virtually no one to blame but himself for all the flak he is getting. He gives as good as he gets. He has no regard for anything but money, power, sex, and who’s the best (him, of course). He lives 100% for Trump. This is not a new revelation. He has been this way since long before he became a celebrity in the 1980s.

But, he does seem to be doing well with the economy, and that’s really the most important thing to most people.
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
9/2/18 8:39 am

Post Cojak
I am not the first to say how disgusted I was at the VERY IGNORANT 'POW' statement. Trumps shooting from the hip (without any thought of the collateral damage) sometimes works. But to disparage the thousands and thousands of USA POWs of all wars in one 'mean' statement was at the least 'crazy'. AND not to see that an apology was 'REQUIRED' to help in damage control did truly show a sick arrogance.

And yes, bringing Amarosa to the table shows a very blind spot.

And yes despite all that I am glad the economy is good. That black unemployment is the lowest it has ever been, since those records were started.
AND also Trump will sink his own ship but maybe, just maybe some of the GREAT (not) financial advisors of past presidents may learn something and change their tunes and I don't care if they give Trump the credit or not.

I remember reading on this forum that his 'STUPID' Tariffs will cause war, now most of the countries see some logic of his actions and are willing to 'Discuss' some agreement.

I am still amazed that politicians would want to continue accepting tariffs on our goods while accepting the other countries shipments with little or no tariffs coming this way.

AS yes I am glad the economy is good. More offerings in churches, more members with jobs paying 'tithe'.

I seldom hear a Christian brag about Trumps moral failures and stupid comments. One could point out the moral failures of presidents of the past who were more discrete or apologetic (when caught) about their shortcomings. but that changes nothing, we have what we have. I voted for him because I thought he was the better of the choices I KNEW would be elected. I will not cry or throw things if he is not reelected, I would rather see Pence in power now, but it is what it is. Embarassed
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
9/2/18 1:06 pm

Post krista
Resident Skeptic wrote:
I am much more offended at McCain's treachery towards the Trump platform and the way his family excluded Sarah Palin from his funeral.

Completely irrational! You really need to get out of the house more often instead of watching so much Fox News.
Golf Cart Mafia Capo
9/3/18 8:14 pm

Post Resident Skeptic
krista wrote:
Resident Skeptic wrote:

Completely irrational! You really need to get out of the house more often instead of watching so much Fox News.

Krista, you need to learn how to debate instead of appeal to emotion like a college freshman. Palin was excluded. McCain stopped the Trump agenda every chance he got. You scream for Trump to be locked up when he has never been charged with a crime.
9/3/18 8:35 pm

Post Resident Skeptic
Cojak wrote:
I am not the first to say how disgusted I was at the VERY IGNORANT 'POW' statement. Trumps shooting from the hip (without any thought of the collateral damage) sometimes works. But to disparage the thousands and thousands of USA POWs of all wars in one 'mean' statement was at the least 'crazy'. AND not to see that an apology was 'REQUIRED' to help in damage control did truly show a sick arrogance.

And yes, bringing Amarosa to the table shows a very blind spot.

And yes despite all that I am glad the economy is good. That black unemployment is the lowest it has ever been, since those records were started.
AND also Trump will sink his own ship but maybe, just maybe some of the GREAT (not) financial advisors of past presidents may learn something and change their tunes and I don't care if they give Trump the credit or not.

I remember reading on this forum that his 'STUPID' Tariffs will cause war, now most of the countries see some logic of his actions and are willing to 'Discuss' some agreement.

I am still amazed that politicians would want to continue accepting tariffs on our goods while accepting the other countries shipments with little or no tariffs coming this way.

AS yes I am glad the economy is good. More offerings in churches, more members with jobs paying 'tithe'.

I seldom hear a Christian brag about Trumps moral failures and stupid comments. One could point out the moral failures of presidents of the past who were more discrete or apologetic (when caught) about their shortcomings. but that changes nothing, we have what we have. I voted for him because I thought he was the better of the choices I KNEW would be elected. I will not cry or throw things if he is not reelected, I would rather see Pence in power now, but it is what it is. Embarassed

A fair post.
9/3/18 9:17 pm

Post SouthFloridaman
Friendly Face
9/3/18 9:27 pm

Post Nature Boy Florida
And as vile, stupid, and angry as Trump is - he was still the best choice we had 2 years ago.

I am thinking he might be the best again in 2 years, if the Democrats don't come up with some moderate person to run.
9/4/18 7:49 am

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic