Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

Would it be wrong to give to Planned Parenthood if...

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post Would it be wrong to give to Planned Parenthood if... Link
you did so through PayPal and you donated $.29 cents and PayPal receives $.30 per donation?

I was reading PayPal's material and they charge that for US 501-C3 transactions. The problem is that I read elsewhere that PayPal was listed as an organization that matched Planned Parenthood donations. So maybe donations of 1 cent would be more effective. If they donate to Planned Parenthood, they may end up not charging them, which could lead to a net evil effect. Maybe a less powerful evil 'charity' would be better for this approach.
9/4/18 1:10 pm

Post Extreme Couponing Show famousflavius
It sounds to me like you have been watching the Extreme Couponing TV Show. Golf Cart Mafia Soldier
9/4/18 2:08 pm

Post SouthFloridaman
They match it to an extent. I remember local Ministry would say give now because we have matching funds until December 31. What I didn’t tell the members was the matching phone was only up to $10,000 so anything above 10,000 just was not matched. That could be the case with This.It is a marketing ploy Friendly Face
9/4/18 6:58 pm

Post Link
If ten million people each gave one cent to planned parenthood, could they end up paying hundreds of thousands in fees to PayPal, minus whatever match they give?

I have gotten a request for funds from a different organization where I thought, I wish there was some way I could help them have less money rather than give to them. This might be a way to do it without stealing. PayPal matching donations is a concern.

Another way to do it is to get on their donors mailing list and get a business reply mail envelope from them where they have to pay for mail you send back, then fill it with a thick sheet of lead just smaller than the envelope and mail it back to them.
9/4/18 7:40 pm

Post Dave Dorsey
Link wrote:
If ten million people each gave one cent to planned parenthood, could they end up paying hundreds of thousands in fees to PayPal, minus whatever match they give?

If the amount sent is less than PayPal's fee (2.2% + $0.30), PayPal takes what is available and the recipient doesn't get anything. If you sent someone a penny, PayPal would take a penny, and they would not receive anything.

PayPal also reviews transactions and reserves the right to cancel/decline them.
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
9/4/18 7:47 pm

Post Cojak
Good try Link! Smile
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
9/4/18 8:52 pm

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic