Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

Church Sexual Abuse Report (L)

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post Church Sexual Abuse Report (L) Nature Boy Florida
OK - I know some will say - it is the Catholics - not us.

But - I am overwhelmed how big the problem was/is. I thought I knew how bad it was - but it is worse. The coverup - much worse - often done for the "sake of the church".

And I ask only this - is it possible:

Could our Church could be covering up abuse for the "sake of the church" as these Catholic Cardinals did? Or are we immune?

Could some of our leaders be covering up abuse since the leaders are related to the ones doing the misdeeds? Or are we immune?

*** I do not know of any thing going on - I seriously do not have any idea so do not read anything into these questions.***

But are all of our leaders, every one of them, so holy that this could never happen? How can we be sure?

What are we doing as a check and balance to make sure this is not happening - and when/if it is discovered - do our leaders have the guts to expose it - or will we cover it up "for the sake of the church or family"?

https://pittsburgh.cbslocal.com/2018/08/14/pennsylvania-diocese-sex-abuse-grand-jury-report-released/
8/15/18 8:17 am

Post It is truly heartbreaking... Quiet Wyatt
I think a very significant part of the problem is how difficult it can be to verify such claims, if the molester leaves no physical evidence of the assault. While it is true there are also Protestant ministers who are child molesters, it seems to me that the RCC, with its rule of celibacy for priests, is uniquely set up for exactly this kind of thing to manifest.

This is one of those issues where, while we should certainly work to try to bring these perpetrators to justice, and to prevent future crimes such a this, nevertheless, our greatest hope is for the Kingdom to come in its fullness, and for God to judge the wicked, wipe away all tears, and make all things new.
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
8/15/18 10:25 am

Post FLRon
I have no doubts as to the existence of sexual predators in every religious organization, Pentecostal or otherwise. The fact that such organizations are made up of fallible humans is evidence enough that this is so. How many of course is impossible to determine,yet the rare instance when an individual is caught demonstrates to me that it can indeed happen.

No man or woman is "holy enough" this side of heaven to be beyond committing such atrocities,or worse, should they fall away from the faith.

My family on my mother's side were all Catholic,and I remember hearing about "certain things" involving priests as a young boy. Being too young to understand I brushed it off,never suspecting what was really going on. Even now,I suspect we'll never know the true extent of these abominations until they are revealed at the judgement.
8/15/18 3:10 pm

Post Cojak
There is no doubt the 'old school' of protect 'Our Church' is prominent in every faith and denomination.
Didn't we right here on Acts have a case mentioned. The author methinks had lost his job because he tried to expose it. Many sorta gave it the 'you are just upset you were fired' thought.

If the name is big enough I am sure MORE would be done to protect. I know that sounds 'snarky' but IMHO it is a logical thing.

None of us want our church on the front page like the guy in Tennessee a few weeks ago: pastor and an under age girl.

And if you have the clout YOU would be tempted to do the same thing make it disappear if possible.. Especially if the son or nephew swore to you on his mothers grave HE DID NOT DO IT!
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
8/15/18 11:01 pm

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic