Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

State Overseers Using Church Money

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post State Overseers Using Church Money aprilmay2.0
Do you think its acceptable for a State Overseer to use state money to travel and preach at a church that pulled out of the denomination?

I ask only as a hypothetical and to start discussion. Im pointing no fingers and I want to learn more about how my fellow Acts posters view the use of state funds.
Friendly Face
8/13/18 9:34 am

Post Nature Boy Florida
Who was the overseer and what was the church?

Perhaps he was trying to get them back in .
8/13/18 9:43 am

Post Quiet Wyatt
I would imagine he had a good reason to go there. Without more info, it would be impossible to say whether he should or shouldn’t have. [Insert Acts Pun Here]
8/13/18 10:00 am

Post MoonWalkingWithJesus
What’s the diff between that and the GO speaking for jimmy swaggart? How did the GO get there? Oh wait he was already in state. 🙄. Or another good question is where are the hypothetical flyer miles. What is the use in asking this?. Hypothetically the cog churches left in are too weak to fight the beast and ask questions. And if they ask the seriously hypothetical questions the system/beast would hypothetically self destruct to save itself. It will only be a matter of time that the COG hypothetically will become like the COGOP. But in The defense of that overseer there may have been unfinished business between that church and international. It could be a situation where that church still supports the mission of the cog. I remember years back an independent preacher Dropped 40 grand in a mission USA at a revival. That was a positive not a negative Friendly Face
8/13/18 12:31 pm

Post Cojak
MoonWalkingWithJesus wrote:
What’s the diff between that and the GO speaking for jimmy swaggart? How did the GO get there? Oh wait he was already in state. 🙄. Or another good question is where are the hypothetical flyer miles. What is the use in asking this?. Hypothetically the cog churches left in are too weak to fight the beast and ask questions. And if they ask the seriously hypothetical questions the system/beast would hypothetically self destruct to save itself. It will only be a matter of time that the COG hypothetically will become like the COGOP. But in The defense of that overseer there may have been unfinished business between that church and international. It could be a situation where that church still supports the mission of the cog. I remember years back an independent preacher Dropped 40 grand in a mission USA at a revival. That was a positive not a negative
Confused Confused Confused Embarassed
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
8/13/18 10:48 pm

Post Re: State Overseers Using Church Money Brandon Bowers
aprilmay2.0 wrote:
Do you think its acceptable for a State Overseer to use state money to travel and preach at a church that pulled out of the denomination?

I ask only as a hypothetical and to start discussion. Im pointing no fingers and I want to learn more about how my fellow Acts posters view the use of state funds.

One could look at it as Kingdom money... I know of churches that are no longer in the COG that still give to our missions fund.. You wouldn't have an issue with that though, would you?
8/14/18 3:43 pm

Post sheepdogandy
We still purchase Church of God Sunday School literature.

As do several of the A/G churches we fellowship with.

In fact I have been asked what will we do when Dr Black retires?

Bro Black is held in very high esteem among the brethren we fellowship with.

www.spwc.church
Hon. Dr. in Acts-celeratology
8/14/18 3:47 pm

Post Whatever or wherever deemed necessary famousflavius
I think he should be able to spend on whatever and wherever deemed necessary. He could go and play golf in Puerto Rico on Monday and Alaska on Thursday and I would be happy for him. Golf Cart Mafia Soldier
8/14/18 5:45 pm

Post Re: Whatever or wherever deemed necessary Cojak
famousflavius wrote:
I think he should be able to spend on whatever and wherever deemed necessary. He could go and play golf in Puerto Rico on Monday and Alaska on Thursday and I would be happy for him.

Not so sure I agree with that comment FF, Imma thinking distant golf ain't helping his pastors. But then we all have opinions!
Truthfully some would stone him, but very few would join you in support. Most would live with it but not throw stones . Embarassed
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
8/14/18 10:36 pm

Post Re: Whatever or wherever deemed necessary Dave Dorsey
famousflavius wrote:
I think he should be able to spend on whatever and wherever deemed necessary. He could go and play golf in Puerto Rico on Monday and Alaska on Thursday and I would be happy for him.

Well that is certainly a unique view of stewardship.
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
8/15/18 7:13 am

Post Re: Whatever or wherever deemed necessary diakoneo
Dave Dorsey wrote:
famousflavius wrote:

Yeah, I will say unique but perhaps too common in certain circles.
Golf Cart Mafia Consigliere
8/15/18 8:29 am

Post Re: Whatever or wherever deemed necessary Nature Boy Florida
diakoneo wrote:
Dave Dorsey wrote:
famousflavius wrote:

Yeah, I will say unique but perhaps too common in certain circles.

Wasn't FF just being facetious? Does no one else understand that but NBF?
8/15/18 8:32 am

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic