Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

Tim Hills New Book

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post Tim Hills New Book Change Agent
https://www.faithnews.cc/?p=27055

Tim Hill has just come out with new book "The Speed of Favor". It is based on promises God makes in Amos 9:13.

My question concerning this book is "How is different from prosperity gospel?

My view is I don't see much difference. What is your view?
My intent is not to discredit Dr. Hill because I too believe we need to believe what the Words states.
Acts Enthusiast
7/28/18 12:48 pm

Post diakoneo
seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness and all these things will be added to you.

That should be the order because that is the way Jesus says to do it.

If we are seeking things first we are out of order.

Not saying this book is about that but that is what the prosperity gospel seems to be about to me.
Golf Cart Mafia Consigliere
7/28/18 4:49 pm

Post Change Agent
The way I read the post concerning the book the scripture in Amos is for all of us to believe in faith. After believing God will give us favor.

I have no problem with the above but how is it different from the scriptures taught by prosperity teachers? Prosperity teachers tell you to claim the scriptures by faith.
Acts Enthusiast
7/28/18 5:05 pm

Post Carolyn Smith
Not having read Tim Hill's book, it's hard to say. But it seems to me that most prosperity gospel folks get off track by putting their faith in FAITH (how many scriptures I quote, how often, SHOWING my faith) rather than putting their faith in God.

Bishop Hill seems pretty solid to me. Will check out his book when I can.
Hon. Dr. in Acts-celeratology
7/28/18 8:45 pm

Post Re: Tim Hills New Book Eddie Robbins
Change Agent wrote:
https://www.faithnews.cc/?p=27055

Tim Hill has just come out with new book "The Speed of Favor". It is based on promises God makes in Amos 9:13.

My question concerning this book is "How is different from prosperity gospel?

My view is I don't see much difference. What is your view?
My intent is not to discredit Dr. Hill because I too believe we need to believe what the Words states.

Have you read the book?
Acts-pert Poster
7/29/18 8:42 am

Post diakoneo
Change Agent wrote:
The way I read the post concerning the book the scripture in Amos is for all of us to believe in faith. After believing God will give us favor.

I have no problem with the above but how is it different from the scriptures taught by prosperity teachers? Prosperity teachers tell you to claim the scriptures by faith.

Why does favor automatically equal wealth?
Why couldn't it be peace in our circumstances? Quite honestly many of us cannot handle wealth and that is why we don't have it.
Golf Cart Mafia Consigliere
7/29/18 10:23 am

Post Cojak
diakoneo wrote:

Why does favor automatically equal wealth?
Why couldn't it be peace in our circumstances? Quite honestly many of us cannot handle wealth and that is why we don't have it.

Part of my own thinking my friend, and I think it is important to NOTE! Cool
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
7/29/18 8:00 pm

Post Change Agent
Article stated blessings, favor and provision come from this scripture, I am not in disagreement with the concept but have a hard time seeing difference with word of faith believing on certain scriptures. It all comes by faith in the Word. Acts Enthusiast
7/29/18 8:56 pm

Post Eddie Robbins
Change Agent wrote:
Article stated blessings, favor and provision come from this scripture, I am not in disagreement with the concept but have a hard time seeing difference with word of faith believing on certain scriptures. It all comes by faith in the Word.

To me, the biggest difference between what we believe and Word of Faith is that WoF teaches that blessings come to us by our speech. We can speak it into existence by our faith. Does Tim Hill teach this in the book?
Acts-pert Poster
7/30/18 5:41 am

Post Change Agent
Dr. Hill is writing about favor. If he speaks about the book he is definitely not speaking doubt concerning the scripture in Amos.
Article wanted to clarify that this was not about prosperity gospel, but I have hard time telling the difference. WOF teachers teach about these same concepts. I do think our speech is very important in what happens in our lives.

I have not read the book, but I am curious enough to purchase a copy.
Acts Enthusiast
7/30/18 7:09 am

Post Two Excerpts from Dr. Hill's Book confirms the biblical soundness of the message Restorationman
I've read Tim Hill's "The Amos Paradigm: Life at the Speed of Favor" and it is a balanced and faith-building read.

Here are two excerpts that help solidify the message.

Page 42
"How I long for balance in the message of biblical prosperity today! A doctrinal imbalance concerning any scriptural
theme will ultimately lead to abuse and error in the body of Christ. Please understand, contrary to how some may present it,
God's promise of increase applies as much to sowing mercy, forgiveness and good deeds as it does money.

Jesus wasn't receiving an offering in Luke 6:18 when He said, "Give and it shall be given unto you." While this promise may
certainly be applied to finances, it actually refers to the currency of forgiveness and our need to be more merciful and less judgemental
of one another.

In another section of the book, Tim Hill writes the following....

Page 116

"We must understand the parameters of God's favor. Favor does not mean nothing ever goes wrong. We are highly favored, but we still get wet
when it rains. We're blessed, but sometimes the car needs new tires. We're chosen, but sometimes the kids need braces. We're elected,
but sometimes we're also selected to endure a test. We don't always get the parking place nearest the mall entrance. We don't get an
upgrade to first class on every flight. Favor is not fantasy."
Friendly Face
7/30/18 8:38 am

Post Re: Two Excerpts from Dr. Hill's Book confirms the biblical soundness of the message Nature Boy Florida
Restorationman wrote:
I've read Tim Hill's "The Amos Paradigm: Life at the Speed of Favor" and it is a balanced and faith-building read.

Page 42
"How I long for balance in the message of biblical prosperity today! A doctrinal imbalance concerning any scriptural
theme will ultimately lead to abuse and error in the body of Christ. Please understand, contrary to how some may present it,
God's promise of increase applies as much to sowing mercy, forgiveness and good deeds as it does money.

Jesus wasn't receiving an offering in Luke 6:18 when He said, "Give and it shall be given unto you." While this promise may
certainly be applied to finances, it actually refers to the currency of forgiveness and our need to be more merciful and less judgemental
of one another.

In another section of the book, Tim Hill writes the following....

Page 116

"We must understand the parameters of God's favor. Favor does not mean nothing ever goes wrong. We are highly favored, but we still get wet
when it rains. We're blessed, but sometimes the car needs new tires. We're chosen, but sometimes the kids need braces. We're elected,
but sometimes we're also selected to endure a test. We don't always get the parking place nearest the mall entrance. We don't get an

Thanks for this.

It looks like something I should read.
7/30/18 8:45 am

Post Re: Two Excerpts from Dr. Hill's Book confirms the biblical soundness of the message Cojak
Nature Boy Florida wrote:
Restorationman wrote:

Page 42
theme will ultimately lead to abuse and error in the body of Christ. Please understand, contrary to how some may present it, God's promise of increase applies as much to sowing mercy, forgiveness and good deeds as it does money.............We don't always get the parking place nearest the mall entrance. We don't get an

Thanks for (ALL)this.

It looks like something I should read.

My emphasis on ALL and I just want to throw an amen out to NBF's comment! Cool
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
7/30/18 11:15 am

Post Change Agent
Restorationman stated:

Page 42
God's promise of increase applies as much to sowing mercy, forgiveness and good deeds as it does money."

Most WoF teachers would agree that God's promise of increase would apply to increase in all areas including money. Believe and you will receive. Doubt and you will be left out.
Acts Enthusiast
7/30/18 8:46 pm

Post Carolyn Smith
Change Agent wrote:
Restorationman stated:

Page 42
God's promise of increase applies as much to sowing mercy, forgiveness and good deeds as it does money."

Most WoF teachers would agree that God's promise of increase would apply to increase in all areas including money. Believe and you will receive. Doubt and you will be left out.

I'm not quite sure what you're saying here.

Dr. Hill is correct. Luke 6:18 is not often preached in context. It is only one principle in that scripture of several.

From what I understand about the word, "prosper" in III John, it does have to do with increase in every area of your life. It is simply a supernatural overflow of blessing into your life because of your relationship with God. It doesn't necessarily mean you'll be rich.

We often fail to realize that with blessing comes persecution. Being blessed doesn't mean everything is peachy. Blessing comes due to to our relationship and faithfulness with God, but it doesn't come alone.
Hon. Dr. in Acts-celeratology
7/31/18 6:09 am

Post Eddie Robbins
You could find 100 scriptures to quote and be accused of being WOF. But, like someone’s book, you need to know the context. Acts-pert Poster
7/31/18 6:50 am

Post Change Agent
Book Statement includes:

“The Amos 9:13 promise is not about prosperity,” the statement concludes. “Neither is it a word for just one season. It is a way of life. Hill encourages readers to welcome it, embrace it, and claim it as their own.”

Even the statement concerning the book thinks you may get it confused with prosperity gospel. Probably because the statement says embrace it and claim it. Mighty close to name it and claim it.

I believe what Dr. Hill is stating. I just want to get some dialogue on why or why not is it WOF?
Acts Enthusiast
7/31/18 9:58 am

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic