Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

Who Can You Vote For ? New Search Function (L)

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post Who Can You Vote For ? New Search Function (L) famousflavius
Here is a handy dandy search function to help you in your search for a qualified candidate. http://ga18.org/bishop-list Golf Cart Mafia Soldier
7/24/18 12:55 pm

Post SouthFloridaman
I wonder who would pass a criminal background check????
There are some on that list that wouldn’t pass. There is a guy with a fairly recent dui less then 2 yrs old that I know right now would not pass. He also has a sketchy history with under 18 girls. But who knows with some states unfortunately having grey rules for the legal age of consent. he is an ordained bishop in good standing according to the site. He has not pastored a church in a over 3 years. The last church he was at was an independent congregation. So we have massive holes in our system. Ohhh where are you OTCP... this is right up your alley.
Friendly Face
7/24/18 1:57 pm

Post Eddie Robbins
SouthFloridaman wrote:
There are some on that list that wouldn’t pass. There is a guy with a fairly recent dui less then 2 yrs old that I know right now would not pass. He also has a sketchy history with under 18 girls. But who knows with some states unfortunately having grey rules for the legal age of consent. he is an ordained bishop in good standing according to the site. He has not pastored a church in a over 3 years. The last church he was at was an independent congregation. So we have massive holes in our system. Ohhh where are you OTCP... this is right up your alley.

Have charges been brought against him? Maybe someone needs to do that. I mean....they did against Doyle for no reason at all. And Mike Chapman. Good grief.
Acts-pert Poster
7/24/18 3:10 pm

Post SouthFloridaman
Eddie Robbins wrote:
SouthFloridaman wrote:

Have charges been brought against him? Maybe someone needs to do that. I mean....they did against Doyle for no reason at all. And Mike Chapman. Good grief.

I am gonna say this we have ministers that don’t believe alcohol is a sin. They want to error on moderation. It sickened me when I heard from family that Lee groups that went over seas where told to drink what was offered them because it was contextual in that country and alcohol was not view as a sin. This thinking has spilled over in a lot of places.
Friendly Face
7/24/18 3:55 pm

Post Eddie Robbins
SouthFloridaman wrote:
Eddie Robbins wrote:
SouthFloridaman wrote:

I am gonna say this we have ministers that don’t believe alcohol is a sin. They want to error on moderation. It sickened me when I heard from family that Lee groups that went over seas where told to drink what was offered them because it was contextual in that country and alcohol was not view as a sin. This thinking has spilled over in a lot of places.

You shifted gears there. 😂 I think the subject is the search function of ordained ministers.
Acts-pert Poster
7/24/18 8:32 pm

Post SouthFloridaman
Eddie Robbins wrote:
SouthFloridaman wrote:
Eddie Robbins wrote:
SouthFloridaman wrote:

You shifted gears there. 😂 I think the subject is the search function of ordained ministers.
sorry just frustrated at how it is 2018 and I can type names in our ordained bishops list of folks that have have been or are disqualified. This is a simple fix mandate annual or biennial background checks. Trial boards are a joke. I know of one who was told just leave unharmed. Our system is flawed. If what happened to west Miami COG can happen where the the trustees of the church were changed by a state office and the proprerty sold out from under a functioning congregation then anything is possible.
Friendly Face
7/24/18 8:43 pm

Post Bingo Tumbler famousflavius
I say that we put all of the qualified numbers into a bingo tumbler and see what we get. It couldnt be any worse than the current system. Golf Cart Mafia Soldier
7/26/18 9:15 am

Post Re: Bingo Tumbler Eddie Robbins
famousflavius wrote:
I say that we put all of the qualified numbers into a bingo tumbler and see what we get. It couldnt be any worse than the current system.

And trust the Lord. 😄
Acts-pert Poster
7/26/18 1:05 pm

Post Carolyn Smith
SouthFloridaman wrote:
Eddie Robbins wrote:
SouthFloridaman wrote:
Eddie Robbins wrote:
SouthFloridaman wrote:

sorry just frustrated at how it is 2018 and I can type names in our ordained bishops list of folks that have have been or are disqualified. This is a simple fix mandate annual or biennial background checks. Trial boards are a joke. I know of one who was told just leave unharmed. Our system is flawed. If what happened to west Miami COG can happen where the the trustees of the church were changed by a state office and the proprerty sold out from under a functioning congregation then anything is possible.

So you're saying that because certain people are on the list but shouldn't be is connected to background checks? Maybe it's just a glitch in the system.

At any rate, background checks are on the agenda, so you should be happy about that.
Hon. Dr. in Acts-celeratology
7/26/18 9:31 pm

Post MrSippi
I am not campaigning for anyone (and NO...my name isn't on this list). I am not asking anyone to vote for anyone on my list. I just thought I would share who I plan to vote for on the council of eighteen. My strategy in compiling this list is to include mostly pastors, some current council members, some pastors who have never served, international voices, effective state overseers, those who really have a chance of having the votes to go on, and those who have proven to me that they are committed to make the Church of God better. I personally LOVE this list! I think it would be a "dream team." Smile

1. Mark Williams - 31786 (Pastor)
2. Sean O'neal - 37991 (Overseer)
3. Loran Livingston - 20896 (Pastor)
4. Kevin McGlamery - 45242 (Pastor)
5. Ishmael Charles - 30679 (Pastor/International)
6. Travis Johnson - 46978 (Pastor)
7. Joe Dobbins - 59050 (Pastor)
8. David Smith - 47171 (Pastor)
9. Scott Sheppard - 44949 (Pastor)
10. Gary Lewis - 35607 (Overseer)
11. Jason Daughdrill - 62350 (Pastor)
12. Barry Clardy - 41220 (Pastor)
13. Anthony Velasco - 49790 (Pastor/ International)
14. Bruce Rabon - 29097 (Overseer)
15. Rick Whitter - 25782 (Overseer)
16. Tom Madden - 27689 (Overseer)
17. Terry Hart - 23559 (Overseer)
18. William A Lee Jr - 33537 (Pastor)
Friendly Face
7/26/18 10:30 pm

Post Tom Sterbens
MrSippi wrote:
I am not campaigning for anyone (and NO...my name isn't on this list). I am not asking anyone to vote for anyone on my list. I just thought I would share who I plan to vote for on the council of eighteen. My strategy in compiling this list is to include mostly pastors, some current council members, some pastors who have never served, international voices, effective state overseers, those who really have a chance of having the votes to go on, and those who have proven to me that they are committed to make the Church of God better. I personally LOVE this list! I think it would be a "dream team." Smile

Good list! Good mix!
Golf Cart Mafia Capo Famiglia
7/27/18 12:00 pm

Post caveator
MrSippi wrote:

Excellent! Thanks! I’ll copy and paste this list. Good diversity in several ways.
Acts-celerater
7/27/18 2:49 pm

Post Chicago27
caveator wrote:
MrSippi wrote:

Excellent! Thanks! I’ll copy and paste this list. Good diversity in several ways.

Diversity? Where da women at?
Friendly Face
7/27/18 4:58 pm

Post caveator
Chicago27 wrote:
caveator wrote:
MrSippi wrote:

Diversity? Where da women at?

Really? That is all you've got? Rolling Eyes
Acts-celerater
7/27/18 8:45 pm

Post caviator
You are right! Your name is not on the list.
And for a good reason...
Hey, DOC
4/1/24 6:37 am

Post georgiapath
Why the posts fom 2018 being drug up now? Acts-dicted
4/3/24 7:31 am

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic