Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

V.P. Pence to be at Lee University Saturday
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post Nature Boy Florida
Nature Boy Florida wrote:
It could be a watershed moment for Lee administration.

How many times has a sitting VP or President spoke at a Lee campus auditorium? Has it ever happened?

So if it is happening for the first time Saturday - I surely hope the Lee administration rolls out the red carpet for him. It seems like a no-brainer - and I know the Lee folks know how to treat folks the right way. They are excellent at it. I expect it to be a good thing.

Well, how did it turn out? Hundreds of militant Lee Students led by their ultra lib professors storming the buildings of Lee demanding VP Pence get ridden out of town on a rail with Paul Conn urging them on?
Or very few if any Lee students/alumni peacefully protesting with lib talking point placards, while actual large number of Lee students and alumni agreeably disagreed with them showing them the actual love of Jesus and VP Pence was welcomed to Lee congenially?
7/21/18 4:20 pm

Post THE LOVE OF GOD
My granddaughter is a student at Lee and she was so happy to see our Vice President. She got to shake his hand. She couldn't get in the main room but was in the overflow room and he came in there and shook their hands. Friendly Face
7/21/18 9:09 pm

Post Carolyn Smith
Someone posted on FB that there were about 30 students/people protesting, holding signs. It doesn't sound like it was much of a big deal, though some are upset that VP Pence was not welcomed by all with open arms. Others are upset that people protested. You can't please everyone...but it sounds like it mostly went well.
Hon. Dr. in Acts-celeratology
7/21/18 9:21 pm

Post UncleJD

How many times has a sitting VP or President spoke at a Lee campus auditorium? Has it ever happened?

So if it is happening for the first time Saturday - I surely hope the Lee administration rolls out the red carpet for him. It seems like a no-brainer - and I know the Lee folks know how to treat folks the right way. They are excellent at it. I expect it to be a good thing.

Well, how did it turn out? Hundreds of militant Lee Students led by their ultra lib professors storming the buildings of Lee demanding VP Pence get ridden out of town on a rail with Paul Conn urging them on?
Or very few if any Lee students/alumni peacefully protesting with lib talking point placards, while actual large number of Lee students and alumni agreeably disagreed with them showing them the actual love of Jesus and VP Pence was welcomed to Lee congenially?

A former faculty member from the School of Theology (I believe) and COG missions in Central America, Rick Waldrop, was donning his rainbow duds and spouting about the "real" Jesus along side the "queer and here" guys. I've heard he is still friends with the D's but he is officially out of the COG and the school. I think all in all, we're just shell-shocked from the TDS going on everywhere so when we see it at Lee we're a little over sensitive. But it doesn't change the facts of the safe-spaces, Trump panic, and pink-hat marching that's been going on among the D's and others. Its probably not as widespread as I'd feared, but it is not just something to brush aside either.
Golf Cart Mafia Consigliere
7/22/18 9:43 am

Post Eddie Robbins
When you consider the protesters, there were lots of outside groups there. Antics was there, for example. I saw a group on Facebook organizing. Their name was “Rednecks for Reproductive Rights.” My point being, I believe there were very few current Lee students protesting. There were a few left wing alumni stirring up stuff on the Lee Facebook page. I have zero issues with protester. I may even join them in protesting some things, but, I have a big problem with a petition to shut it down. Especially in the name of Christianity. It’s amazing how some want to force their brand of Christianity on others.

When it was all said and done, speech was not surprised by anyone.
Acts-pert Poster
7/22/18 12:29 pm

Post Carolyn Smith
UncleJD wrote:

A former faculty member from the School of Theology (I believe) and COG missions in Central America, Rick Waldrop, was donning his rainbow duds and spouting about the "real" Jesus along side the "queer and here" guys. I've heard he is still friends with the D's but he is officially out of the COG and the school. I think all in all, we're just shell-shocked from the TDS going on everywhere so when we see it at Lee we're a little over sensitive. But it doesn't change the facts of the safe-spaces, Trump panic, and pink-hat marching that's been going on among the D's and others. Its probably not as widespread as I'd feared, but it is not just something to brush aside either.

The D's? What does that mean?

Rick is no longer a COG missionary but I thought he was still credentialed with the COG. He still travels all over the world teaching & is in Cleveland often.
Hon. Dr. in Acts-celeratology
7/22/18 3:34 pm

Post Nature Boy Florida
Most of my African American friends from Lee are ardent Democrats.

And if you are a democrat - some of this other stuff comes along with it.
7/23/18 10:23 am

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic