Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

Ran across this article.... Perry Stone for GO? [L]
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post Hill-billy
sheepdogandy wrote:
I thought JF was an ordained Bishop in the Church of God.

Does he still fly between GA and CA to speak at both Churches?

It is a special circumstance... different strokes for different folks. From what I can figure the California campus was franklins way to serve on the council of 18. Free chapel Gainesville is congregational holiness. Free chapel Irvine is the church of God campus pastored by Ben Prescott.. Unless free chapel has made some of its Atlanta area plants cog. From what I understand the pre free chapel Irvine, ca campus cog church in financial trouble and the cog brokered a deal with free chapel to save the church. Correct me if I am wrong there are those more in the know then me.
7/18/18 3:29 pm

Post Carolyn Smith
Hill-billy wrote:
Carolyn Smith wrote:
Perry doesn't need the COG or their campmeetings. He just held his own OCI event with around 3000 attendees and had many young people baptized in the Holy Ghost during this event. When we attended a conference last year, it was standing room only, and very VERY well organized.

From what I've heard him say, Perry doesn't really care what anybody thinks about what he says/preaches. He is going to obey the Lord as he sees fit, and let the chips fall where they may. Probably part of the reason he has stepped back from denomination. I believe he loves the COG but isn't going to let it hold him back from obeying the Lord. (Just my personal opinion.)

Folks seem to love him or hate him. He's a bit of an odd duck, which he will tell you. But I would guess he has zero interest in administration in the COG, but he would definitely change things up! LOL

You are correct. Perry and jentezen don’t need the campmeeting circuit anymore. They are independent of the cog now. I will say this. They both built there ministries off of cog speaking engagementsWinter fest and camps meetings. That is not a condemnation it is just an opinion. I have respect for both men.

Perry Stone & Jentezen Franklin started their ministries in the COG and remained faithful to the COG for many years. But Perry has also spent the last almost 20 years on television and has built a worldwide audience - most of whom have never heard of the COG. I don't know how long Jentezen has been on television, but I daresay most of the people who follow his ministry are from outside the "campmeeting and Winterfest" audience, as well.
Hon. Dr. in Acts-celeratology
7/18/18 11:22 pm

Post Carolyn Smith
Hill-billy wrote:
sheepdogandy wrote:
I thought JF was an ordained Bishop in the Church of God.

Does he still fly between GA and CA to speak at both Churches?

It is a special circumstance... different strokes for different folks. From what I can figure the California campus was franklins way to serve on the council of 18. Free chapel Gainesville is congregational holiness. Free chapel Irvine is the church of God campus pastored by Ben Prescott.. Unless free chapel has made some of its Atlanta area plants cog. From what I understand the pre free chapel Irvine, ca campus cog church in financial trouble and the cog brokered a deal with free chapel to save the church. Correct me if I am wrong there are those more in the know then me.

From what I recall of the story told on Acts re: Jentezen Franklin, when Floyd Lahon was ready to retire from his church in Orange County, CA, he told the COG they needed someone who had name recognition that could carry the church, to keep the attendance up and the finances up to speed. I don't know that he asked for JF by name, but he fit what they needed at the time, and so the back & forth between CA & GA began.

You really think JF wanted to be on the Council of 18? Again, that's not something he could cherry pick - doesn't that have to be voted on - he has to be voted in to serve on that? I would guess the name recognition played a part in that, also. And I think he resigned from it because it conflicted with his schedule.

I think JF said that when he went back to the COG re: this, they basically gave him his license back and told him it had been laying around waiting for him; the license had never been revoked. That upset a lot of folks because he is still pastoring the Congregational Holiness Church in GA, but I guess the only thing we can say is "It is what it is."

Last edited by Carolyn Smith on 7/19/18 5:58 am; edited 1 time in total
7/18/18 11:35 pm

Post Cojak
I am setting here smiling. We Christians, as I see it, are supposed to be MAINLY interested in the 'Souls for the Kingdom, because we believe we should get as many souls on the right road before the Trumpet sounds. That would (should) surpass all lines i.e. Denominations and independents.

But admittedly it seems that if an independent Minister (or other denominational leader) is BIG, they are treated differently than say, ' old Sheepdog, here on Acts. '

Me 'n SD disagree on some silly stuff, but I believe he is a man of integrity and is interested in winning souls for the harvest. I have read a lot of unveiled un-niceties toward our brother. The same with Mat of another denomination and a Christian battling for souls in this war. I do not know Perry enough to talk of his work. I do not know Jentezen but I have worshiped with his dad and his kin, he comes from good dedicated Christians.

I am COG because I was born into it. I love it. I feel like I belong to a big family. But in my travels I have met some some wonderful dedicated Christians. Yep: Catholic, Baptist, AME, CMA, Episcopal and many independents, and learned my COG is only a small, but important cog in this machinery to prepare this world for the end.

Many disagree with me, I accept that and still love them. But Jesus is ALL and above ALL. Yes I have met people who have never heard of the COG but strive to make disciples as hard as I ever knew in the COG. There are folks out there who LOVE JESUS more that I thought possible. I support the COG by attending and regularly financially. I hope the best for our denomination. This author may be a flake, but our call to service is not.
Embarassed Shocked Cool Cool Cool Cool
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
7/19/18 12:02 am

Post sheepdogandy
You know, we had a former General Overseer speak at SPWC.

That's how I met Doyle Daugherty, who has also preached for us.

Had a man (now departed) who was on the NGA Evangelistic team hold revival a few years back. He apologized on behalf of the Church of God for what happened to us.

I attended Margret Gaines funeral in Anniston, AL.

I was favorably impressed with Tim Hill.

There are some in leadership (Cleveland) who really don't like me at all.

Some do. Wink

www.spwc.church
7/19/18 10:05 am

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic