Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

Ran across this article.... Perry Stone for GO? [L]
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post Ran across this article.... Perry Stone for GO? [L] sheepdogandy
https://azusareport.com/perry-stone-lead-church-god-cleveland-tennessee/

What you y'all think?

www.spwc.church
Hon. Dr. in Acts-celeratology
7/16/18 12:56 pm

Post Quiet Wyatt
Peter Vandever is not credible in the least. [Insert Acts Pun Here]
7/16/18 3:34 pm

Post FLRon
Well, that article ought to get a lot of people fired up. I believe the author is correct in many of their statements, but Perry Stone? Seriously?

I don’t know Perry, never met him but I know a lot of people hold him in very high regards. I personally can’t imagine he’d even want the position, but like I said I don’t know him so who knows? Unless he’s a 4th generation company man, he wouldn’t stand a chance anyway, would he?
7/16/18 3:43 pm

Post Cojak
Of course the author makes a lot of good points. Many of them voiced here on Acts many times in different was from 'The Good Old Boy' movement, Nepotism and 'ladder climbers.'

I'm in the boat with FLron. I know not Perry, but have heard the name. Might have been a good idea in the past, but not presently due to his recent separation from the church, not a good management idea, too many of us old folk still in the church. LOL Yep some still like 'the old ways' good or bad it is the truth. I am a middle of the roader myself. Not sure Perry is the man. Embarassed
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
7/16/18 4:34 pm

Post Seriously? 4thgeneration
This article paints us as the same church that decades ago was steeped in legalism. Have they not been around the COG in 30 years?

I believe I remember that Perry Stone surrendered his COG credentials a few years ago. Nothing wrong, just felt it was time to not be affiliated with a denomination.

And finally, there aren't enough ashes from the red heifer for him to spread around....

Just my O!
Acts Enthusiast
7/16/18 6:18 pm

Post Carolyn Smith
The article is from 2016, and as 4th generation points out, whoever wrote this article hasn't been in a COG in a very long time!

I've followed Perry's ministry since the late 80s, though not as closely in recent years. From what I've heard here and what I can tell just by observation, I don't think he is a part of our denomination anymore. His church OCI is not associated with the COG.

Perry also does not like the administration side of things. He would be miserable as the GO! I don't think he'd be interested in that at all.

Some COG folks like him and some don't. I don't think he'd stand much of a chance with the bishops, though he probably has more name recognition than most. Might be kinda hard to vote for him, though, if he's not doing reports anymore. (Somebody check and see if his # is in the pool.) Smile
7/16/18 9:08 pm

Post So, did you get this information from a source you cannot caseyleejones
reveal? Acts-perienced Poster
7/16/18 9:41 pm

Post Nature Boy Florida
Casey,
I would like to tell you the true source, but my insider at the Knesset doesn't want to be revealed at this time.
NBF
7/17/18 7:15 am

Post sheepdogandy
I was searching for something else and ran across this article.

It does seem the author holds a bias concerning the Church of God.

I did not know that PS had surrendered his credentials.

www.spwc.church
7/17/18 9:58 am

Post Chicago27
sheepdogandy wrote:
I was searching for something else and ran across this article.

It does seem the author holds a bias concerning the Church of God.

I did not know that PS had surrendered his credentials.

Yeah, he’s one of you now.
Friendly Face
7/17/18 11:05 am

Post Judah4Him
HAHAHA!!!! Friendly Face
7/17/18 3:50 pm

Post Hill-billy
It makes sense... why would we not want our best on the front line. But.... I could see how Perry is in the position that if he does he would lose his seat on the campmeeting circuit. Honestly I feel people like Perry and Jentezen Franklin get asked to speak the campmeeting because they are not a threat to the system. They aren’t on state councils they aren’t district overseers. They may have previously held top level board positions, but They are too busy for one.... they just come speak at a general assembly or campmeeting get the honorarium and get out. That is not a condemnation of Perry stone or jentezen franklin. They just know the system would try to cut their Tongues out and never book them again if they spoke out with determination.. Also about the article... I believe it is just dreaming about who could do a great job as GO... I don’t think the article is speaking as a definite despite the fact we could use a Perry stone at the helms of the COG. the COG is Greyling out/ dying out when the last remaining old timers pass on. I don’t think the way the COG operates our polity is scriptural for one. Our doctrine is spot on, but our polity is anti scripture when Jesus says earthy rulers lord it over them... this you shall not have among you. Matt. 20:25. I love the COG but the cog has gone down a dangerous path. To correct the path I think we need to decentralize so aspects.

Last edited by Hill-billy on 7/18/18 9:29 am; edited 1 time in total
7/17/18 7:13 pm

Post Quiet Wyatt
Do an internet search for the writer’s name, Peter Vandever. I am not being critical of him on account of his negativity towards the Church of God. [Insert Acts Pun Here]
7/17/18 8:51 pm

Post Carolyn Smith
Perry doesn't need the COG or their campmeetings. He just held his own OCI event with around 3000 attendees and had many young people baptized in the Holy Ghost during this event. When we attended a conference last year, it was standing room only, and very VERY well organized.

From what I've heard him say, Perry doesn't really care what anybody thinks about what he says/preaches. He is going to obey the Lord as he sees fit, and let the chips fall where they may. Probably part of the reason he has stepped back from denomination. I believe he loves the COG but isn't going to let it hold him back from obeying the Lord. (Just my personal opinion.)

Folks seem to love him or hate him. He's a bit of an odd duck, which he will tell you. But I would guess he has zero interest in administration in the COG, but he would definitely change things up! LOL
7/18/18 6:25 am

Post He was on Acts at one time roughridercog
I met him personally.
He's a flake and was busted for exposing himself at a downtown Taco Bell in St. Joseph, Missouri.
7/18/18 6:55 am

Post Re: He was on Acts at one time spartanfan
roughridercog wrote:
I met him personally.
He's a flake and was busted for exposing himself at a downtown Taco Bell in St. Joseph, Missouri.

When you say "I met him personally....." since there are more than just 1 name mentioned in this thread it would be wise for you to use a specific name and not "him"
Golf Cart Mafia Underboss
7/18/18 7:43 am

Post Hill-billy
Quiet Wyatt wrote:
Do an internet search for the writer’s name, Peter Vandever. I am not being critical of him on account of his negativity towards the Church of God.

Sorry, I stand corrected. I had no clue. Plus they do a good job of hiding the writers.

Last edited by Hill-billy on 7/18/18 9:48 am; edited 1 time in total
7/18/18 9:19 am

Post Hill-billy
Carolyn Smith wrote:
Perry doesn't need the COG or their campmeetings. He just held his own OCI event with around 3000 attendees and had many young people baptized in the Holy Ghost during this event. When we attended a conference last year, it was standing room only, and very VERY well organized.

From what I've heard him say, Perry doesn't really care what anybody thinks about what he says/preaches. He is going to obey the Lord as he sees fit, and let the chips fall where they may. Probably part of the reason he has stepped back from denomination. I believe he loves the COG but isn't going to let it hold him back from obeying the Lord. (Just my personal opinion.)

Folks seem to love him or hate him. He's a bit of an odd duck, which he will tell you. But I would guess he has zero interest in administration in the COG, but he would definitely change things up! LOL

You are correct. Perry and jentezen don’t need the campmeeting circuit anymore. They are independent of the cog now. I will say this. They both built there ministries off of cog speaking engagementsWinter fest and camps meetings. That is not a condemnation it is just an opinion. I have respect for both men.
7/18/18 9:37 am

Post sheepdogandy
I thought JF was an ordained Bishop in the Church of God.

Does he still fly between GA and CA to speak at both Churches?

www.spwc.church
7/18/18 12:16 pm

Post Re: He was on Acts at one time roughridercog
spartanfan wrote:
roughridercog wrote:
I met him personally.

When you say "I met him personally....." since there are more than just 1 name mentioned in this thread it would be wise for you to use a specific name and not "him"

Vandever aka Dunamis Boy from Acts past.
7/18/18 1:25 pm

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic