Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

State YD's
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post State YD's JLarry
I saw on FB a brother being congratulated for his appointment as a state YD. I did not know this info gets out to the public before the GA.

Not that it concerns me just an observation.

No one who died without Christ is happy about their decision.
Acts Mod
7/11/18 12:52 pm

Post Re: State YD's skinnybishop
JLarry wrote:
I saw on FB a brother being congratulated for his appointment as a state YD. I did not know this info gets out to the public before the GA.

This is another area of confusion to me. I could be mistaken, but I thought the Minutes stated that State Youth Directors were elected by the State Council, before the General Assembly.

But for many years, these positions not finalized or released, until after the General Assembly, and Cleveland's approval. I know several prospective State Youth Directors who were "waiting on the call" at the Assembly.

My question is, "Who determines State Youth Director appointments? State Councils are Cleveland?"
7/11/18 12:59 pm

Post JLarry
Eddie wrote:
Quote:
My question is, "Who determines State Youth Director appointments? State Councils are Cleveland?"

My guess would be both. Nominated by State Councils approved by Cleveland. I'm sure the General YD has a say in the decisions.

The brother is question is from our state, I don't know him personally but I have known his family for a looooong time. He is moving to a larger state. I understand he has a good track record.

Hey I am happy for anyone who is bettering himself/herself as long as the Lord is in it.

Acts Mod
7/11/18 2:06 pm

Post Question aprilmay2.0
If the FL guy goes to TN and the MS guy goes to NC and the TX guy goes to FL and the AL guy leaves then wouldn’t it make sense that the NC guy goes to AL?

Just thought I’d start the GA shuffle/initials comment. None of these make sense... or do they?
Friendly Face
7/11/18 3:14 pm

Post Brandon Bohannon
Caleb and Hanah Crooms have served in Texas for the last four years and will be leaving after this assembly to serve Florida. They are the best of the best as far as state youth directors go. I was born in Texas in 1976. Our youth directors in that time or my time of attending youth camp, winter fest, junior and teen talent, were Carroll Smith (he is my/our pastor emeritus at the church that I have served at for the last year), Ted Gray (25+ year MIP coordinator in Texas), and Forrest Bass (state council member and my last YD growing up).

I moved out of the state and served with/under Mark Leonhardt in New Jersey, Terry Hart and Greg Baird in North Georgia, Rob Bailey, Shea Hughes and now Caleb Crooms in Texas. I was invited to preach COG camps under Rob Bailey in Oklahoma, Greg Copley and Rick Hand in Texas and also CH, COGOP, and IPHC leadership in CO and GA. Sentimentally, Rob Bailey is my favorite ever but I include all of the too long didn't read info to adamantly say that Caleb and Hanah are the best balance of what a YD is that I have ever seen. I'm sad that we are losing them to another state. Florida is lucky/blessed.

I have spoken to our newly appointed/elected state director twice now and I like him a lot already. Also, people that I trust a lot have told me that we are getting another good one in Texas. We will work hard to make him welcome and to help him reach the children, students and churches in our great state.

Edit - the timing on announcements was odd and awkward to me at first too but then it has allowed for us to properly acknowledge and say goodbye to a family that has done an exemplary job at camp meeting, in youth camps, and for the state.
Proverbs 3:5-6; John 13:34-35; Acts 1:8
Acts-celerater
7/11/18 3:49 pm

Post Re: Question Carolyn Smith
aprilmay2.0 wrote:
If the FL guy goes to TN and the MS guy goes to NC and the TX guy goes to FL and the AL guy leaves then wouldn’t it make sense that the NC guy goes to AL?

Just thought I’d start the GA shuffle/initials comment. None of these make sense... or do they?

I have it on good authority that ENC is not going to AL. Wink
Hon. Dr. in Acts-celeratology
7/11/18 8:50 pm

Post Re: State YD's Carolyn Smith
skinnybishop wrote:
JLarry wrote:

This is another area of confusion to me. I could be mistaken, but I thought the Minutes stated that State Youth Directors were elected by the State Council, before the General Assembly.

But for many years, these positions not finalized or released, until after the General Assembly, and Cleveland's approval. I know several prospective State Youth Directors who were "waiting on the call" at the Assembly.

It sounds like the process has changed somewhat and appointments are made before GA for YD.
7/11/18 8:52 pm

Post Judah4Him
Where are they going Carolyn? Because I've heard they are leaving for sure. Friendly Face
7/11/18 9:12 pm

Post Carolyn Smith
Judah4Him wrote:
Where are they going Carolyn? Because I've heard they are leaving for sure.

Sent you a PM.
7/11/18 10:40 pm

Post idontplaygolf
ENC guy is going to Ohio Friendly Face
7/12/18 9:12 am

Post well maybe AL is staying put aprilmay2.0
who knows? These things always have a way of changing when the orlando sun hits them. Friendly Face
7/12/18 11:24 am

Post JLarry
Did not think about it but our state has a new Evangelism Dir ready to go.

Acts Mod
7/13/18 9:12 am

Post Re: well maybe AL is staying put idontplaygolf
aprilmay2.0 wrote:
who knows? These things always have a way of changing when the orlando sun hits them.

Not so sure about that. Perhaps he could be traveling West.
Friendly Face
7/13/18 10:11 am

Post DrDuck
Several years ago I remember that the Ordained Ministers passed a motion to have each state council select their own State Youth and CE Director. Seeing the chain of promotion and rotation being destroyed, they youth directors and their supporters mustered the strength to defeat the measure in the General Assembly. It was the first measure I ever saw passed in the General Council and defeated in the General Assembly. They may be rubber stamped by the State Council but I think it is settled in Cleveland. Acts-celerater
7/13/18 12:21 pm

Post Quiet Wyatt
According to the 2016 Minutes:

“SELECTION
1. The state Youth and Discipleship director shall be nominated by the state overseer and elected by the State Council prior to the International General Assembly.
2. The state Youth and Discipleship director’s term of office shall be for two years, with a maximum of eight consecutive years in a respective non-mission state.
3. Credentialed ministers (where practical) shall be used to fill the office.”

This shows to have been last amended in 2010.
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
7/13/18 5:16 pm

Post Re: State YD's Aaron Emily
skinnybishop wrote:

I believe the state council appoints but receives recommendations from Executive Committee.
7/14/18 10:11 pm

Post Re: State YD's LonghornFan
Aaron Emily wrote:
skinnybishop wrote:

I believe the state council appoints but receives recommendations from Executive Committee.

the post just above yours is from the COG minutes.
Friendly Face
7/14/18 10:43 pm

Post Re: State YD's Aaron Emily
LonghornFan wrote:

the post just above yours is from the COG minutes.

Yes, just now saw that. It's hard to notice all the post from a small screen on my smartphone. But regardless, the Executive Committee does have a hand in recommending State YD's, even though the Minutes don't state the fact.
AE
7/15/18 8:13 pm

Post Brandon Bohannon, I Noticed In Your Acts Profile... MissTex
you are the lead pastor of Vision Heights COG in Brady, Texas. Has Carroll Smith replaced Poncie Roach as the Pastor Emeritus of VHCOG?

Texas' new YD announced on July 6th on his Facebook that he & his family are moving to Texas after accepting the YD post there in the Lone Star state. So the word is out.

This makes the 2nd YD to leave PA and go to Texas -- can you name the 1st?
7/23/18 1:28 pm

Post Re: Brandon Bohannon, I Noticed In Your Acts Profile... John Jett
MissTex wrote:
you are the lead pastor of Vision Heights COG in Brady, Texas. Has Carroll Smith replaced Poncie Roach as the Pastor Emeritus of VHCOG?

Texas' new YD announced on July 6th on his Facebook that he & his family are moving to Texas after accepting the YD post there in the Lone Star state. So the word is out.

This makes the 2nd YD to leave PA and go to Texas -- can you name the 1st?

Brandon is pastor at Lakeside in Fort Worth, I think updating his Acts profile hasn't made its way to the top of his to-do list Smile
Golf Cart Mafia Capo Famiglia
7/23/18 6:45 pm

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic