Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

YES. Discuss whether YOU FEEL it is OK to preach at Jimmy's church or not.

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post YES. Discuss whether YOU FEEL it is OK to preach at Jimmy's church or not. doyle
One of our Monitors removed a discussion thread concerning whether this-or-that official/minister should preach at Jimmy Swaggart's church.

The Monitor was correct in removing it because the thread had disintegrated into personal attacks and regurgitating old hatreds. Swaggart messed up. How many years has that been public knowledge now?

We often preach or sing from the Book of Psalms. The writer of that Book
lusted, killed a woman's husband so said Writer could have her for himself. He continued to live with her and had children by her (the wife of the soldier whom he killed to have her).

Apostle Peter denied Jesus three times and "wept bitterly." About 50 days later, Peter preached a sermon on the Day of Pentecost with 3,000 people saved. Should people refuse to preach from Psalms or read what Peter wrote? After all, they were flawed individuals. So am I, and so are you. Yet, God continues to use us. I'm still surprised most days that God even lets me be associated with Him - let alone preach the Gospel.

Soooooo, yes! It is completely in order to discuss how YOU FEEL about someone else, or yourself, preaching at Jimmy's church. However, after all these years, personal attacks are unnecessary and unacceptable.
Self-righteousness does not wear well on any of us.

Doyle
writedoyle@gmail.com
6/18/18 12:46 pm

Post diakoneo
When I accepted the call to preach I told the Lord I would go wherever He let me go. I believe most preachers did the same. I think what Brother Hill did should be seen as normal and not a big deal. To me, the fact that it was a big deal is problematic. Bishop Hill should be first and foremost a representative of Jesus Christ! Did he represent Christ well should be our concern. I believe he did. Golf Cart Mafia Consigliere
6/21/18 6:36 am

Post Link
diakoneo wrote:
When I accepted the call to preach I told the Lord I would go wherever He let me go. I believe most preachers did the same. I think what Brother Hill did should be seen as normal and not a big deal. To me, the fact that it was a big deal is problematic. Bishop Hill should be first and foremost a representative of Jesus Christ! Did he represent Christ well should be our concern. I believe he did.

I know this guy who isn't a preacher, but he told the Lord he'd go anywhere the Lord wanted except that place in Africa where the flies flie up the kids noses, lay eggs, and the eggs give off some anesthesia so it doesn't hurt to hatch up in and for the baby flies to fly out.
6/21/18 7:27 am

Post Quiet Wyatt
Not sure why Doyle posted this topic twice, but in any case, here is the other thread: http://www.actscelerate.com/viewtopic.php?t=88448 [Insert Acts Pun Here]
6/21/18 7:40 am

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic