Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

Trump's New Taxes-- Ouch
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post Trump's New Taxes-- Ouch Link
I've got a house full of kids. I have looked into some tax calculators, and I may have to pay as much as $4000 more per year more than I would have under the old system, if I remember right. Not having exemptions for kids hurts if you have a lot of them. Maybe those estimates do not fully account for the new credits they are allowing.

Has anyone else looked into it? It would seem to me that families with a lot of children should be a high priority for a tax break. Maybe it's one of those social engineering things to encourage smaller family sizes like the China one-child-policy or South Korea not allowing third children to get the same health insurance benefits other kids got back in the day.
6/17/18 7:30 am

Post The New Tax Plan will Cost me $3000 FG Minister
According to my accountant, the new Trump tax plan will cost me $3000 per year because many of my deductions were removed. My taxes are quite complicated due to rental property I own and this plan is going to force me to raise rents. Another unintended consequence of the Trump tax plan. Acts-celerater
6/17/18 7:41 am

Post Nature Boy Florida
I have a lot of mileage deductions in sales - at least I used to. I will pay a lot more.
6/17/18 2:13 pm

Post Chicago27
Not to mention gas prices. That hurts all of us. Mortgage rates are going up too. But, we’re gonna get tired of so much winning. Friendly Face
6/17/18 2:18 pm

Post Resident Skeptic
Chicago27 wrote:
Not to mention gas prices. That hurts all of us. Mortgage rates are going up too. But, we’re gonna get tired of so much winning.

Explain how mortgage rates and gas prices are the President's doing. We'll wait.
6/17/18 2:23 pm

Post Re: Trump's New Taxes-- Ouch Resident Skeptic
Link wrote:
I've got a house full of kids. I have looked into some tax calculators, and I may have to pay as much as $4000 more per year more than I would have under the old system, if I remember right. Not having exemptions for kids hurts if you have a lot of them. Maybe those estimates do not fully account for the new credits they are allowing.

I believe child deductions went up significantly, as did the standard deduction.

Has anyone else looked into it? It would seem to me that families with a lot of children should be a high priority for a tax break. Maybe it's one of those social engineering things to encourage smaller family sizes like the China one-child-policy or South Korea not allowing third children to get the same health insurance benefits other kids got back in the day.

What were you told?
6/17/18 2:26 pm

Post Resident Skeptic
Nature Boy Florida wrote:
I have a lot of mileage deductions in sales - at least I used to. I will pay a lot more.

What were your mileage deductions for? The chart I'm seeing shows a small increase in mileage deductions for some activities.
6/17/18 2:29 pm

Post Nature Boy Florida
Mortgage rates are going up because the economy is doing better. If the economy tanks - fed will have to lower rates again. Too bad Hillary didn't win Chicago - economy could have really stunk - just like you like it apparently.
6/17/18 5:20 pm

Post Chicago27
Mortgage rates are going up because the economy is doing better. If the economy tanks - fed will have to lower rates again. Too bad Hillary didn't win Chicago - economy could have really stunk - just like you like it apparently.

Yeah, me and Hillary are tight. 😂 A winner like Trump should help with rates. Too much winning!
Friendly Face
6/17/18 6:07 pm

Post Resident Skeptic
Chicago27 wrote:

Yeah, me and Hillary are tight. 😂 A winner like Trump should help with rates. Too much winning!

What would you have him do? How does a President help with rates?
6/17/18 6:54 pm

Post Chicago27
Resident Skeptic wrote:
Chicago27 wrote:

Nothing. I don’t expect anything from him but some tweets about how ugly some woman is. 😂
Friendly Face
6/17/18 7:51 pm

Post Resident Skeptic
Chicago27 wrote:
Resident Skeptic wrote:
Chicago27 wrote:

Nothing. I don’t expect anything from him but some tweets about how ugly some woman is. 😂

Sounds more like what you do on here constantly. You post nothing of substance to justify your hatred of Trump and his policies. All you do is remind us how superior you are to the rest of us who support the President .
6/17/18 8:31 pm

Post Chicago27
Just trying to bring a balance to your constant posts. Look at the number of pro-Trump posts vs my con-Trump posts. It ain’t even close. Friendly Face
6/18/18 8:22 am

Post Resident Skeptic
Chicago27 wrote:
Just trying to bring a balance to your constant posts. Look at the number of pro-Trump posts vs my con-Trump posts. It ain’t even close.

We support Trump because he implements much of the agenda we want.
6/18/18 8:33 am

Post UncleJD
The new tax code doubles the tax credits and pays you even if you don't owe taxes . Maybe you're looking at tax bracket only, and not figuring in all of the credits.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/kellyphillipserb/2017/12/21/how-will-the-expanded-child-tax-credit-look-after-tax-reform/#62d25bca4205
Golf Cart Mafia Consigliere
6/18/18 11:39 am

Post I Heard a Similar Defense of Idi Amin FG Minister
On one of my frequent trips to Uganda we were talking about the murderous, cannibalistic dictator of 1970's Uganda. The Ugandan I spoke with said, yes he killed about 100,000 people, but our economy was very good and the Uganda Shilling was very strong. When Resident Skeptic said "we support Trump because he implements much of the agenda we want," it reminded me of this Ugandan. He was willing to overlook Idi Amin's murderous tendencies and his taste for human flesh, as long as the economy was good and he got what he wanted. The moral of RS's lesson is - it doesn't matter what the man says or does or who he alienates or shames, as long as we get what we want. A sick philosophy, in my humble opinion. But some (like RS) will defend Trump no matter what the man does. They simply don't care about his behavior because "we are getting what we want." Acts-celerater
6/18/18 11:44 am

Post Re: I Heard a Similar Defense of Idi Amin UncleJD
FG Minister wrote:
On one of my frequent trips to Uganda we were talking about the murderous, cannibalistic dictator of 1970's Uganda. The Ugandan I spoke with said, yes he killed about 100,000 people, but our economy was very good and the Uganda Shilling was very strong. When Resident Skeptic said "we support Trump because he implements much of the agenda we want," it reminded me of this Ugandan. He was willing to overlook Idi Amin's murderous tendencies and his taste for human flesh, as long as the economy was good and he got what he wanted. The moral of RS's lesson is - it doesn't matter what the man says or does or who he alienates or shames, as long as we get what we want. A sick philosophy, in my humble opinion. But some (like RS) will defend Trump no matter what the man does. They simply don't care about his behavior because "we are getting what we want."

Mod's can you move this comment to a thread where it's relevant? This is about the new tax code. Not likening our POTUS to a murderous dictator.
Golf Cart Mafia Consigliere
6/18/18 11:49 am

Post Re: I Heard a Similar Defense of Idi Amin Resident Skeptic
FG Minister wrote:
On one of my frequent trips to Uganda we were talking about the murderous, cannibalistic dictator of 1970's Uganda. The Ugandan I spoke with said, yes he killed about 100,000 people, but our economy was very good and the Uganda Shilling was very strong. When Resident Skeptic said "we support Trump because he implements much of the agenda we want," it reminded me of this Ugandan. He was willing to overlook Idi Amin's murderous tendencies and his taste for human flesh, as long as the economy was good and he got what he wanted. The moral of RS's lesson is - it doesn't matter what the man says or does or who he alienates or shames, as long as we get what we want. A sick philosophy, in my humble opinion. But some (like RS) will defend Trump no matter what the man does. They simply don't care about his behavior because "we are getting what we want."

You are perhaps the most intellectually dishonest person I've ever encounterd who claims the title "minister".
6/18/18 12:37 pm

Post Re: I Heard a Similar Defense of Idi Amin Resident Skeptic
UncleJD wrote:
FG Minister wrote:

Mod's can you move this comment to a thread where it's relevant? This is about the new tax code. Not likening our POTUS to a murderous dictator.

Face it. These guys are liberals. They want open-borders. They want white men abased and singled out for discrimination. They willingly misrepresent others, the post of FG being a prime example. They have no conscience. They are following the dictates of the mental illness called liberalism. Who cares what they say? Consider the source.
6/18/18 12:41 pm

Post Re: I Heard a Similar Defense of Idi Amin Nature Boy Florida
FG Minister wrote:

Someone refer this guy to the insane asylum.

He equates Trump and a man who eats people and killed 100,000 citizens.

You simply can't have a rational discussion with a guys that sees a moral equivalence there. "HHHEEEERRRREEEESSSS JJJOOHHNNNNNNYYY!!!"
6/18/18 12:59 pm

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic