Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

Sessions using scripture to justify...

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post Sessions using scripture to justify... buttrfli24
Is no one going to say anything about Sessions using Romans 13 to justify our government ripping children from their parents and keeping them in cages and tent cities? Just curious.
6/15/18 1:09 pm

Post Chicago27
Lots of folks are condemning him for it. But, don’t expect that from most of these folks. Friendly Face
6/15/18 1:18 pm

Post Quiet Wyatt
It is true of course that the government is ordained of God, and that it is scriptural to enforce the law. I think what some like Franklin Graham (a Trump supporter by the way) are having problems with is the specific application of law enforcement that is happening. [Insert Acts Pun Here]
6/15/18 1:31 pm

Post Quiet Wyatt
http://www.charlotteobserver.com/latest-news/article213142754.html [Insert Acts Pun Here]
6/15/18 1:44 pm

Post Re: Sessions using scripture to justify... Resident Skeptic
buttrfli24 wrote:
Is no one going to say anything about Sessions using Romans 13 to justify our government ripping children from their parents and keeping them in cages and tent cities? Just curious.

So do you feel it is wrong for a child to be ripped from their parents if they commit any other crime except illegal entry in the USA?
6/15/18 8:14 pm

Post Resident Skeptic
Chicago27 wrote:
Lots of folks are condemning him for it. But, don’t expect that from most of these folks.

They are the ones endangering their own children's lives in the first place by dragging them among while they break the law.
6/15/18 8:15 pm

Post diakoneo
I feel sorry for the children as I would for the child of any criminal.

It is funny that the bleeding hearts don't mention the obvious injustice. The terrible injustice of those who go through all of the hoops to become a US citizen legally. What about them? Where is the justice for them?

Do you open your doors and let everybody come in to your house or do you lock your doors? Why don't we just open our borders completely? We don't open our borders for the same reason that you close and lock your doors. Common sense in a sinful world. These criminals knew what they were doing when they headed this way. No the children did not and unfortunately they will be removed from there parents as the should of any criminal.

Funny if you look at it (illegally crossing the border) as serious criminal behavior...not like jaywalking or going 5 mph over the speed limit...but like stealing as in robbing a country of something(citizenship that is supposed to be earned rightly) then maybe...maybe you can mete out real justice!

So again I ask. Where is the justice for those who pay the price when we allow those who would rob us and basically give them permission to do so? Shouldn't we repay all those who have done it legally??
Golf Cart Mafia Consigliere
6/15/18 9:42 pm

Post Cojak
It is tough to enforce laws. I do not know much about this since I do not watch TV, I do not like the way RS stated it, but it is true.

It is almost like placing kids in front of buildings the terrorists know the USAF is going to bomb.

disclaimer: I have spent time in Mexico, while there I told my wife if I lived here I would be crossing that border until I successfully made it law or no laws. My way of saying it, but I still think we should secure our borders.

WE NEED TO SECURE THE BORDERS SO THIS DOES NOT HAPPEN. Idea
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
6/15/18 9:48 pm

Post diakoneo
Cojak wrote:
It is tough to enforce laws. I do not know much about this since I do not watch TV, I do not like the way RS stated it, but it is true.

It is almost like placing kids in front of buildings the terrorists know the USAF is going to bomb.

disclaimer: I have spent time in Mexico, while there I told my wife if I lived here I would be crossing that border until I successfully made it law or no laws. My way of saying it, but I still think we should secure our borders.

I don't believe we have helped Mexico with our lax border policy. I don't know the answer to that but there must be a better way than open borders. This issue is a political football that democrats and republicans have used for years. Free votes and cheap labor. I think if we sealed the border the Mexican government and economy would improve. It certainly couldn't get much worse.
6/15/18 9:57 pm

Post Carolyn Smith
What is interesting in all this hoopla is that some, if not most of the pictures of children in cages are from 2014, before Trump was in office.
Hon. Dr. in Acts-celeratology
6/16/18 12:42 am

Post Isa 58:12
diakoneo wrote:
Cojak wrote:

I don't believe we have helped Mexico with our lax border policy. I don't know the answer to that but there must be a better way than open borders. This issue is a political football that democrats and republicans have used for years. Free votes and cheap labor. I think if we sealed the border the Mexican government and economy would improve. It certainly couldn't get much worse.

Actually we have, all the money in California is going out, not in. Illegal aliens & some legal Mexican residence send money back to Mexico. The democrat's need the illegal aliens as voters, not American people as they are tired of their act.

And democrats put that law enforce about children going back & as to the picture you seen of children in dog cages, that picture was taken when Hussein was in office

Trump is just enforcing the law that's been on the books, it's a democratic law look it up
6/16/18 1:10 pm

Post Nature Boy Florida
Why was the law written the way it is in the first place? What morons thought that was a good idea? What problem were they trying to solve? Remember Elian Gonzalez was ripped away from his family by men with machine guns. The AG at the time also said she was just following the "rule of law". Must be important to these AG types. What is stopping Congrss from changing the law? Congress is the real culprit here, not Trump or Sessions.
6/16/18 3:53 pm

Post Re: Sessions using scripture to justify... FLRon
buttrfli24 wrote:

In a word,he was wrong to attempt to use scripture to justify what is taking place regarding the immigration issue. Selectively quoting a verse or two to justify a particular political position is plain wrong. No one is denying we have a problem that needs a solution, but I seem to recall another scripture that might be more appropriate. Goes something like "suffer the little children to come unto me".
6/16/18 3:55 pm

Post Chicago27
Resident Skeptic wrote:
Chicago27 wrote:
Lots of folks are condemning him for it. But, don’t expect that from most of these folks.

They are the ones endangering their own children's lives in the first place by dragging them among while they break the law.

So, punish the babies? Do you see Jesus doing this? Are we gonna use scripture proclaiming the law when we are taking about abortion, which is the law or pick and choose the laws we like and apply scripture?
Friendly Face
6/16/18 5:50 pm

Post Resident Skeptic
Chicago27 wrote:
Resident Skeptic wrote:
Chicago27 wrote:

So, punish the babies? Do you see Jesus doing this? Are we gonna use scripture proclaiming the law when we are taking about abortion, which is the law or pick and choose the laws we like and apply scripture?

I was a social worker. I saw children seperated from their law-breaking parents all the time. Please explain the difference. Do you see Jesus doing this? Why not just release all lawbreakers from jail for the sake of their kids?
6/16/18 6:49 pm

Post Re: Sessions using scripture to justify... Resident Skeptic
FLRon wrote:
buttrfli24 wrote:

In a word,he was wrong to attempt to use scripture to justify what is taking place regarding the immigration issue. Selectively quoting a verse or two to justify a particular political position is plain wrong. No one is denying we have a problem that needs a solution, but I seem to recall another scripture that might be more appropriate. Goes something like "suffer the little children to come unto me".

Does this apply to all lawbreakers or just parents who break immigration law?
6/16/18 6:50 pm

Post Re: Sessions using scripture to justify... diakoneo
Resident Skeptic wrote:
FLRon wrote:
buttrfli24 wrote:

Does this apply to all lawbreakers or just parents who break immigration law?

Breaking immigration law is perceived the same by most in Democrat party as equal with jaywalking or going 5 MPH over the speed limit.
6/16/18 7:14 pm

Post Quiet Wyatt
I wonder why they can’t keep the families together in holding facilities while expediting their trial and/or deportation or asylum for those who qualify? Seems like the strain on USA services and the psychological stress on the families would be far less that way. [Insert Acts Pun Here]
6/16/18 8:13 pm

Post Yet the leftist on here invoke Jesus.... Resident Skeptic
...to justify an invasion of our country without blinking, all the while slamming the AG.
6/17/18 2:38 pm

Post UncleJD
I love it when libs who condone ripping a baby out of a mother's womb start lecturing about anything to do with mothers and children. Golf Cart Mafia Consigliere
6/18/18 11:42 am

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic