Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

Admins and Mods- Time for you to remove Da Sheik
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post You’re all entitled to your opinions aprilmay2.0
Aaron- that’s pretty mysogenistic don’t you think?
RS- if you really think offending Muslims is the best Christian witness then I don’t have much to say to that.

All I’m saying is should we be more considerate? Would we entertain a pen name that mocks our family tree of Christianity? What if someone mocked us?
Friendly Face
6/14/18 11:48 am

Post Getting my name in this thread before it's locked caseyleejones
+1 to post count.... Acts-perienced Poster
6/14/18 2:04 pm

Post Re: You’re all entitled to your opinions Mat
aprilmay2.0 wrote:
RS- if you really think offending Muslims is the best Christian witness then I don’t have much to say to that.

All I’m saying is should we be more considerate? Would we entertain a pen name that mocks our family tree of Christianity? What if someone mocked us?

Did you not read my post, the picture most-likely is not of a Muslim.

Mat
Acts Enthusiast
6/14/18 2:53 pm

Post mat aprilmay2.0
i did read your post. i just didn't think it was relevant or insightful toward this discussion. Friendly Face
6/14/18 4:30 pm

Post Re: You’re all entitled to your opinions Resident Skeptic
aprilmay2.0 wrote:

We often worry about offending people based on bad information or ignorance. The word "sheik" is an example. Is has nothing to do with Islam.

Da Shiek is not mocking anyone. Again, faulty premise.

Where does this insanity end?

Typical lefty (probably white) that feels the need to be offended on behalf of everyone else.
6/14/18 5:23 pm

Post diakoneo
I have assumed this thread was a joke but from some of the posts and responses...maybe it is not!

Come on aprilmay2.0, da sheik is da best poster on here Very Happy
lighten up dude or dudette. Any Muslim that would dare haunt this sight would be intrigued and possibly pleased by such an avatar and pen name, but now aprilmay2.0... they might truly find THAT offensive Laughing
Golf Cart Mafia Consigliere
6/14/18 6:31 pm

Post Dave Dorsey
diakoneo wrote:
I have assumed this thread was a joke but from some of the posts and responses...maybe it is not!

lighten up dude or dudette. Any Muslim that would dare haunt this sight would be intrigued and possibly pleased by such an avatar and pen name, but now aprilmay2.0... they might truly find THAT offensive Laughing

Honestly, this thread is great. Any time aprilmay is absorbed with something other than whispering about the latest COG gossip is a good time for everyone.
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
6/14/18 6:40 pm

Post Not Mods JLarry
Mods do not have authority to remove anyone.

This one is happy about that.

No one who died without Christ is happy about their decision.
Acts Mod
6/15/18 6:16 am

Post Nature Boy Florida
diakoneo wrote:

I hope it was all a joke. It appears some are takingit seriously.

Some think its a joke.
Some take it seriously.
Sounds like 10:00 a.m. on Sundays.
6/15/18 7:00 am

Post UncleJD
Nature Boy Florida wrote:

Some think its a joke.
Some take it seriously.
Sounds like 10:00 a.m. on Sundays.

I hope this was all a joke, it read like a joke. If its not a joke, then someone needs prayer.
Golf Cart Mafia Consigliere
6/15/18 7:42 am

Post Dave Dorsey
UncleJD wrote:
I hope this was all a joke, it read like a joke. If its not a joke, then someone needs prayer.

I took it as a joke, and I took the second thread (which I locked) as a joke too (hence me calling it a "new schtick").

But after the rant thread, I am not so sure. Shocked Embarassed Shocked
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
6/15/18 7:48 am

Post Re: You’re all entitled to your opinions Aaron Scott
[quote="aprilmay2.0"]Aaron- that’s pretty mysogenistic don’t you think?
quote]

I'm not sure what mysogenistic means, but so long as we keep the women under control around here, I'm good.
Hon. Dr. in Acts-celeratology
6/15/18 9:24 am

Post Nature Boy Florida
Dave Dorsey wrote:
UncleJD wrote:

I took it as a joke, and I took the second thread (which I locked) as a joke too (hence me calling it a "new schtick").

But after the rant thread, I am not so sure. Shocked Embarassed Shocked

I agree the schtick seemed funny once - but twice and you are Alec Baldwin doing his Trump impersonation - just not all that funny.
6/15/18 10:02 am

Post Re: Admins and Mods- Time for you to remove Da Sheik Hill-billy
Mat wrote:
Hill-billy wrote:
aprilmay2.0 wrote:
When I read the terms of agreement and use, Actscelerate is supposed to be a Christian Forum for discussion. For this reason, the pen name "Da Sheik" isn't consistent with the purpose or spirit of the forum.

Allowing this type of persona on a Christian forum isn't helpful. IF da sheik was in fact a muslim, I would say welcome him with open arms in hopes that the dialouge would spark relationship with Christ.

No real islamic self respecting sheik would refer to himself as "Da Sheik" so Im guessing this is a parody account. Which brings about the questions-

1. Would we allow pen names of parodies like: Da Dali Lama, Da Sikkh Priest, Da Habib, Da Haji, Da Ayatollah, or worse to post here?
2. What type of Christian message do we communicate when those who are of the islamic faith look at Actscelerate and see this part of their religion mocked?
3.Where do we draw the line? Could I create a pen name called "Da Witch or Da Warlock?

time for "Da Sheik" to hit "Da Road"

Hey April May,
How about my pen name????

Dear Mr. Billy Hill (aka Hill-billy),

Do you know the where abouts of our missing friend Old Time Country Preacher (OTCP). You screen name makes me think you might live near him.

Mat

Otcp is under gag order by the Excutive Council.... I am here to annoy them in otcp’s place.
6/16/18 12:13 am

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic