Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

Anti-Trump Christians (L)
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post Anti-Trump Christians (L) Resident Skeptic
https://mariomurilloministries.wordpress.com/2018/06/08/christians-who-hate-trump/
6/9/18 3:44 pm

Post Cojak
Not a bad article, but I doubt very seriously if it will sway any anti Trumpers.

I am not sure what this trip to Singapore will do but I had to smile when I saw Stephanopolis's interview. It was amazing to me how all of a sudden Step-- was almost war like, wondering why peace? You know he is a murderer etc why talk to him. Sounded like he was saying we should go to war with him instead of seeking peace.

The media is crazy anti Trump. I am not fully sold on him but I can see some good he has done! Cool
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
6/12/18 3:02 pm

Post Chicago27
This is the guy you elected....

http://thefederalist.com/2016/02/26/watch-trump-drop-the-f-bomb-5-times-in-74-seconds/
Friendly Face
6/12/18 3:14 pm

Post Nature Boy Florida
Chicago27 wrote:

http://thefederalist.com/2016/02/26/watch-trump-drop-the-f-bomb-5-times-in-74-seconds/

You elected him, too, by not getting enough folks to vote your way.
You should have been more persuasive.
What kind of slacker Christian are you?
We could have had a real Christian in there if you had donated enough to Hillary.
6/12/18 3:31 pm

Post UncleJD
Chicago27 wrote:

Hillary lost, you should get over it. Go donate some money to Planned Parenthood, ANTIFA, ACT-UP, ACLU, CAIR, LGBTQ-whatever, your anti-second-amendment group of choice, anti-Israel whatever, anti-oil-pipeline job groups, anti-steel-workers', anti-America, CNN, Move-on, and all of your other causes that lost when he won.
Golf Cart Mafia Consigliere
6/12/18 3:44 pm

Post Quiet Wyatt
No doubt Trump would have some colorful words to say to you, Chicago 27. No doubt his followers would too. [Insert Acts Pun Here]
6/12/18 3:49 pm

Post Chicago27
Quiet Wyatt wrote:
No doubt Trump would have some colorful words to say to you, Chicago 27. No doubt his followers would too.

When it’s De Niro, it’s obscene and vulgar. When it’s Trump, it’s colorful and locker room language. I get it. 😂
Friendly Face
6/12/18 3:57 pm

Post Quiet Wyatt
Chicago27 wrote:
Quiet Wyatt wrote:
No doubt Trump would have some colorful words to say to you, Chicago 27. No doubt his followers would too.

When it’s De Niro, it’s obscene and vulgar. When it’s Trump, it’s colorful and locker room language. I get it. 😂

Don’t forget, Trump is “a baby Christian.” Also, we mustn’t judge.
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
6/12/18 4:02 pm

Post UncleJD
Chicago27 wrote:

Can you post something not based on lie? There are 20 clips put together from years of videos, and you only hear the F word 2 times, NEITHER of which were as POTUS. When you have to lie to make your point, you haven't made much of a point at all have you?
6/12/18 4:16 pm

Post Chicago27
Quiet Wyatt wrote:
Chicago27 wrote:
Quiet Wyatt wrote:

Don’t forget, Trump is “a baby Christian.” Also, we mustn’t judge.

Very true. Just because he didn’t see the need to repent because he’s always been a good person, doesn’t mean he’s not saved, sanctified and filled with the Holy Ghost.
Friendly Face
6/12/18 4:23 pm

Post Trump is a Useful Idiot FG Minister
In political jargon, a useful idiot is a derogatory term for a person perceived as a propagandist for a cause, the goals of which, they are not fully aware and who is used cynically by the leaders of the cause.

I voted for Trump but will not again. Has he done what I would have liked? Yes, in most cases, he has. He has been quite useful to evangelicals in most everything he has done. So from a political viewpoint of conservatism, I like much of what he has accomplished. But one must ask the question - does Trump truly believe in his policies or does he just give large voting blocks what they want, to get and stay in power?

In other words - does Trump really care about Israel? Does he care that Jerusalem is her capital? Or was this a move to placate conservative evangelicals? Does he care that Pence is a born-again believer, or did he just placate evangelicals by choosing him? Does Trump really care about the illegal immigrants and the wall - or did it just get him elected? I think the only issue Trump actually believes in is fair trade. In fact, one White House staffer let it slip that Trump will take any position on any issue, as long as it helps him personally. He doesn't have a set core of beliefs. The only thing he actually believes is that America has been hoodwinked in trade deals - and on that he will not budge.

You may say "well, at least we Christians are getting what we want." True, from a pragmatists point of view, but it's like the rooster crowing on cue to convict Peter - he's a useful idiot. Trump has no values except two - Trump and Trade. That's it. He is the most petulant, egotistical, vulgar, un-Christian and uninformed man to serve as President in many decades. I have never seen a person who pats himself on the back more than Trump does. He has never thanked or acknowledged God for anything - except when saying "and God bless the United States of America." I do thank God for one thing - this pompous ingrate is standing up to North Korea and I certainly hope it works out. Again, the idiot is useful.

I voted for him because I have never voted for a democrat and never will. There were 16 other Republicans who I would have preferred and I hope one of them will challenge this windbag in 2020.
Acts-celerater
6/12/18 4:25 pm

Post UncleJD
Chicago27 wrote:

Of course the real reason you posted this is not that Trump said the word 2 times in 10 years (according to the "proof" you submitted), but to compare it with DeNiro's rant that you agree with.
6/12/18 4:40 pm

Post Re: Trump is a Useful Idiot Nature Boy Florida
FG Minister wrote:
In political jargon, a useful idiot is a derogatory term for a person perceived as a propagandist for a cause, the goals of which, they are not fully aware and who is used cynically by the leaders of the cause.

I voted for Trump but will not again. Has he done what I would have liked? Yes, in most cases, he has. He has been quite useful to evangelicals in most everything he has done. So from a political viewpoint of conservatism, I like much of what he has accomplished. But one must ask the question - does Trump truly believe in his policies or does he just give large voting blocks what they want, to get and stay in power?

In other words - does Trump really care about Israel? Does he care that Jerusalem is her capital? Or was this a move to placate conservative evangelicals? Does he care that Pence is a born-again believer, or did he just placate evangelicals by choosing him? Does Trump really care about the illegal immigrants and the wall - or did it just get him elected? I think the only issue Trump actually believes in is fair trade. In fact, one White House staffer let it slip that Trump will take any position on any issue, as long as it helps him personally. He doesn't have a set core of beliefs. The only thing he actually believes is that America has been hoodwinked in trade deals - and on that he will not budge.

You may say "well, at least we Christians are getting what we want." True, from a pragmatists point of view, but it's like the rooster crowing on cue to convict Peter - he's a useful idiot. Trump has no values except two - Trump and Trade. That's it. He is the most petulant, egotistical, vulgar, un-Christian and uninformed man to serve as President in many decades. I have never seen a person who pats himself on the back more than Trump does. He has never thanked or acknowledged God for anything - except when saying "and God bless the United States of America." I do thank God for one thing - this pompous ingrate is standing up to North Korea and I certainly hope it works out. Again, the idiot is useful.

I voted for him because I have never voted for a democrat and never will. There were 16 other Republicans who I would have preferred and I hope one of them will challenge this windbag in 2020.

I preferred someone else, as well.

However, if Trump is doing what he does because of pragmatism - who cares? It's still getting done. The Bushes were Republicans - but got nothing done for Christians. You would think they would pander to the folks that got them elected - but they didn't. They wanted Ted Kennedy to like them, or Robert De Niro, or Muslims - but not Christians.

Which would you rather have? - for me it is easy - Trump.
6/12/18 5:13 pm

Post Resident Skeptic
Ah, such a refreshing thread. Laughing
6/12/18 6:26 pm

Post Think about this.... Aaron Scott
First, if those of us who voted for Trump are only for him because we don't want to look bad for having voted for him, then it might be that those who voted against him (i.e., for someone else) are that way because they want to be proven "right" about their voting choice.

I don't know of anyone who argues that Trump is all that. He is CERTAINLY a disappointment in many ways.

BUT...But consider that we've had Christian presidents before (at least that was the claim), but they didn't get done some of the things that Trump has--not the least being a summit with North Korea.

If nothing else, he has given Christians a gain by not toeing the politically correct lines espoused by earlier presidents. Further, him being rich seems to at least partial protection against lobbiest with deep pockets.

NO PRESIDENT has been perfectly good or perfectly bad. Trump is no different. Yes, he should disable his Twitter account, but for all the blushing he has caused us to do, he has also given us a few things to cheer about.
Hon. Dr. in Acts-celeratology
6/12/18 7:21 pm

Post Re: Think about this.... Resident Skeptic
Aaron Scott wrote:
First, if those of us who voted for Trump are only for him because we don't want to look bad for having voted for him, then it might be that those who voted against him (i.e., for someone else) are that way because they want to be proven "right" about their voting choice.

I don't know of anyone who argues that Trump is all that. He is CERTAINLY a disappointment in many ways.

BUT...But consider that we've had Christian presidents before (at least that was the claim), but they didn't get done some of the things that Trump has--not the least being a summit with North Korea.

If nothing else, he has given Christians a gain by not toeing the politically correct lines espoused by earlier presidents. Further, him being rich seems to at least partial protection against lobbiest with deep pockets.

NO PRESIDENT has been perfectly good or perfectly bad. Trump is no different. Yes, he should disable his Twitter account, but for all the blushing he has caused us to do, he has also given us a few things to cheer about.

A very reasonable post.
6/12/18 8:17 pm

Post Resident Skeptic
UncleJD wrote:
Chicago27 wrote:

Of course the real reason you posted this is not that Trump said the word 2 times in 10 years (according to the "proof" you submitted), but to compare it with DeNiro's rant that you agree with.

BINGO!!

It's one thing to drop cuss words in a conversation or when expressing adamancy about something. It's another thing all together to step behind a podium in front of an audience and just say "F---- Trump" or anyone else, without any sort of historical context attached to the remark.
6/12/18 8:21 pm

Post Re: Trump is a Useful Idiot Resident Skeptic
FG Minister wrote:

And the most delusional post of the year award goes to FG Minister! You act as if though Trump has the good fortune of Forest Gump, literally transforming the world around him for the good unlike any other before him and yet lacking enough cognizance to even appreciate his own accomplishments. You have created an alternate reality for yourself.
6/12/18 8:25 pm

Post Transforming the World for Good? FG Minister
No delusion here my friend. You have actually ingested the Kool-Aid that Trump is making this a better world. Are you kidding me?

If isolationism is good, then you are correct.
If alienating our allies is good, you are correct.
If calling a brutal, murderous dictator a talented guy, then you are correct.
If raising tariffs on foreign countries and causing the cost of American products to increase is good, then you are correct. (Since the tariffs on imported lumber went into effect, the average price of building a new home has risen by $6300).
If you think attacking your own cabinet officials in public is good, then you are correct.
If you think lying everyday of your life about crowd sizes, biggest this and largest that, and "never before in history" this and that --- then you are correct - Trump is making this a better world. The delusion has formed in the brains of the Trumpsters; I see quite clearly.
Acts-celerater
6/13/18 8:39 am

Post Nature Boy Florida
Trump, the American President, thinks America comes first...and he is the dumb one?!?
6/13/18 8:51 am

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic