Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

The greatest way to bring change to the Church of God...

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post The greatest way to bring change to the Church of God... roughridercog
Begins with one major change.

Allow online voting for General Assembly measures and constant live viewing of the sessions. I believe it's an idea whose time has come.

Your opinion?
6/8/18 8:08 am

Post Re: The greatest way to bring change to the Church of God... skinnybishop
roughridercog wrote:
Begins with one major change.

Allow online voting for General Assembly measures and constant live viewing of the sessions. I believe it's an idea whose time has come.

Your opinion?

I'm in favor of it.
6/8/18 8:15 am

Post Eddie Robbins
We have talked about this so many times. Way back when I introduced live streaming at the Assembly and wanted them not no live stream the sessions. I was right because now, you can YouTube an embarrassing part of one of the sessions. However.......here would be my proposal:

When the agenda is announced, send it out with a secure link for the ministers to vote, pre-Assembly. You would have that out of the way before the meetings begin. Then, at the Assembly, allow the same online voting along with live stream, password protected for ministers only. Every minister would log on using their ministerial number and a pre-Assembly created password.

An issue would be when people would not be able to log in for whatever reason. This will happen. But, that’s why you do the initial votes in advance. To make sure all the votes get in. Once it goes live at the Assembly, as Jesus would say, you will have trouble. But, it’s better than what we have.
Acts-pert Poster
6/8/18 9:26 am

Post Carolyn Smith
I think there is concern that our overseas ministers might tip the balance in a different direction. There are a lot more of them than us from what I've read.
Hon. Dr. in Acts-celeratology
6/8/18 11:43 am

Post oldschooler
I would love to see some overseas ministers take a seat at the leadership table. The COG prides itself on being “international”, but are terrified of becoming truly “international”. IMO Friendly Face
6/8/18 12:42 pm

Post georgiapath
Nothing will ever change, the powers that be want it this way. Acts-dicted
6/8/18 2:21 pm

Post MoonWalkingWithJesus
oldschooler wrote:
I would love to see some overseas ministers take a seat at the leadership table. The COG prides itself on being “international”, but are terrified of becoming truly “international”. IMO

I would say I am not terrified of international involvement we need it. But there is a definite need to clarify objectives. I think that there needs to be a national/USA conference of the COG with a national overseer. Other countrys in the COG have a national overseer. It would open the door for international to clarify its role of advancing the Global COG. Rename/ reassign some of the assistant overseer roles. This would clearify focus. We need a world conference of the COG and open the gates for international involvement without sacrificing the voices we have currently. That way folks in the USA and overseas won’t be under represented. May be add a USA council of 18 and world council of 18. Greater focus and precision is needed
Friendly Face
6/10/18 9:46 am

Post cogcia
We have what we want. A great southeastern US denomination. Just embrace it. It is great for the ones in power and they know how to keep it. We created a denomination that has all power at the top. Only change that will make a difference would be to change the structure and no one wants that. We are what we are. Friendly Face
6/10/18 4:25 pm

Post georgiapath
cogcia wrote:
We have what we want. A great southeastern US denomination. Just embrace it. It is great for the ones in power and they know how to keep it. We created a denomination that has all power at the top. Only change that will make a difference would be to change the structure and no one wants that. We are what we are.

bingo, I couldn't have said it better. Laughing Laughing Laughing
Acts-dicted
6/10/18 7:01 pm

Post Re: The greatest way to bring change to the Church of God... FLRon
I don't know, how about draining the swamp? Wait, that's not working so well for President Trump, so it probably won't fly in the cog either.
6/11/18 3:58 pm

Post sheepdogandy
It's all about choice.

What one chooses to do or be with.

De-centralization is the only path available that will "drain the swamp" so to speak.

I was raised Southern Baptist.

Warts and all!

When I joined the Church of God, no one informed me that centralized government meant dictatorship.

Having studied the history of the Church, I assumed that the leadership consisted of men who had committed themselves to biblical servant philosophy.

I thought they were all like J. Frank Culpepper, a man who loved God and God's people. A true servant leader.

When I discovered that this was not the case, well the rest is history.

Locally governed Congregations will eliminate most of the problems y'all currently face.

imho Cool

www.spwc.church
Hon. Dr. in Acts-celeratology
6/12/18 8:33 am

Post philunderwood
Maybe they should. They are not less than whole. Maybe we can institute the 3/5 rule of counting people as human. But, in that context, why shouldn't they tip the scale? Is it based on economy or personal value?

Them/us?

Discover More...
http://www.refocusing.org

A Mission in Formation
www.bluewaterinthekeys.com
Golf Cart Mafia Underboss
6/12/18 10:31 am

Post Question: Bowtat
Do other denominations vote for this kind of stuff on line? What would be our example? Friendly Face
6/12/18 1:43 pm

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic